/4K/

Sup Forums Redpill me on 4K

>TVs

Sports? Regular TV? Streaming? Vidya Consoles? New World order.. Read the facts

>Monitors

Photos? Videos? PCMasterrace? Are the Jews in cahoots?

1776 we got the pyramids and the eye. Where do they go? Dollar bill

Is it all a meme Sup Forums? Something is going on here

>When do we buy in?

Sacrifice next month's paycheck or wait for the price-drop? We're gettin hit with stuff here.

Can't be missing out! buy buy buy

Do we think the 4K technology we buy today is future-proofed for when media catches up as it becomes standard? Illuminati.

Playstation Pro? The hell's goin on here lads?

Look i'm not saying anything is happening here, but the facts are there. Where do we go from here?

You guys waiting out the storm or seeing how deep this rabbit hole goes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G5QP8KsSWXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4K is pointless when framerates are still so low. Let's see 120fps as standard before chasing higher spatial resolution.

I'd rather have 720p120 than 4Kp30.

Did you just take some fucking speed or something?

It's just more pixels. It looks prettier because of more detail. That's it.

Also, the red and blue pill analogy comes from a movie written by two trannies, just FYI.

youtube.com/watch?v=G5QP8KsSWXM

What's all this about?

4K at the typical 7-10 foot living room viewing distance is only marginally better than 1080p, if at all.

For desktop monitors, though, 4K is fucking awesome. At that distance you can clearly see the difference from lower resolutions.

The real advantages of the 4K standard are Rec. 2020 color range and HDR.

I see what you mean. Do you see a big difference with 60 vs 120 fps? I'd like to experience what that feels like.

Hey figure of speech, besides technology has no gender (unless we talking cable endings)

because everyone is a gaymen faggot, right?

Who the fuck buys a TV in this day and age?

>Do you see a big difference with 60 vs 120 fps?
The only native 120fps/144fps content is games, and yes it is highly noticeable, especially with fast paced games (eg. Quake series).

Sports and action movies would also benefit from it but they are not available.

So where does it make sense to invest in 4K technology?

When broadband infrastructure improves and when GPUs which can do 4K comfortably become available and not too expensive.

So basically the consensus is that 4k is pretty much not worth talking about until 2-5 years from now. Gotcha

It's just the next step from HD

why is this such a hard concept to understand?

There is literally no reason to not get 4k now that even intel fucking integrated graphics can do 4k60hz and 27 inch IPS 4K monitors are only $400.

What's the point in 4k TVs? I'm pretty sure it's only good for monitors because you're sitting up close to them and could notice the pixels in a lower resolution monitor. If you're sitting way back you might as well just get a 1080p TV because you can't tell the difference anyways.

Replace "4k" with "literally all technology" and you are now a smart consumer

I still remember retards on Sup Forums from almost ten years ago saying that the $599 PS3 was a great deal because Bluray players were not going to drop that much.

Get a load of this gaymer

To be fair, the PS3 was a way better Blu-Ray player than game console.

people who have friends with whom to watch things

First latest look at 4K which stands for 4000! This is number of bi-polar semi-plated transiting conductors. 1080p televisions only have slightly over 1000. TV stations can't broadcast anything over 1367 due to technological limitations but this will no doubt change within a decade or so.
So, as you can see, 4K really comes alive on PC's strong enough to support it, a good graphics card like Intel's latest nvidia range has native support for 4k and even upscales 4K on 1080p monitors, it's very impressive and gives the playstation 3 a run for its money.

WTF is this? Automated shitposting?

4K! Haha we have 120ko/s as max download speed on my country so we can avoid this shit to become popular, 360p forever!

Got a 65" 4K TV for the bedroom. Only got a computer connected too it but 4K netflix is OK. I use it for netflix, Sup Forums browsing and twitch before going to sleep. Happy with it except the start menu and shit is too fucking small even with scaling.