The 3.5mm jack is too thick, it's holding back progress!

>The 3.5mm jack is too thick, it's holding back progress!
Ok, no one really wants a thinner phone, but I gu-
>We removed the 3.5mm jack.
Is the phone thinner?
>No.
So now how do I listen to music?
>You can buy our set of 160$ earbuds that you'll need to recharge daily and that sound worse than 20$ Xiaomi Pistons.
That's it?!
>No, you can also use our adapter with a shitty DAC.
That's bulkier, wasn't the whole purpose of this to reduce size constraints?
>No, the purpose was to make money.
Did you add anything at all?
>You now have have 2 camera bulges instead of 1 and also some retarded gimmick on your home button.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/iphone-7/specs/
apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do people actually think it doesn't have a built in DAC? How do you use the internal speakers then, dumbfags?

What's the retarded gimmick? Was on holiday for two weeks.

When did I ever say that it didn't have a built-in DAC exactly?

You know it comes with headphones that connect through the lightning port right? And every report is saying they have better audio quality than regular ones because they can draw more power from the phone.

how do you know that they sound worse?

>because they can draw more power from the phone

how to spot a retard

Even most of the apple normies I know are upset about this

Can't we just drop it though?

Sheep will buy it, just like they stick with windows 10 because muh gaymes, they will stick with ithing because muh status symbol.

No reason any more to try to convince them, they are drones, just watch the bubble burst from the comfort of GNU/Linux

>it's ok, we're saved, there's 1 pair of headphones in the world that doesn't require an adapter!

The adapter doesn't have a DAC in it, retard.

What Sup Forums seems to forget is that apple is more of a fashion company than a tech company.

People buy the iPhone as a fashion accessory and as a byproduct they get a functional tech device optimized for the non tech savvy

You know how other manufacturers make charging cables for iphones? The same will happen for headphones

Yes, the pair of headphones that comes with the phone will work with the phone. What is the problem? Plus it's Apple, within a few months we will have tons of third party lightning cables.

Nice comeback. Shame nothing I said was wrong.

So the wireless connection for the headphones uses a completely proprietary system?

Didn't stop them from buying the phone though

>apple is more of a fashion company
this

Apple threads belong to /fa/ and windows threads to Sup Forums

Oh, so you were just too retarded to realize that the lighting port can output analog?

phone threads just need to be removed

>What is the problem?

>using the AUX connector in your car or stereo
>listening to music while charging
>using any other headphones than the ones provided

Imagine a Sup Forums with no phone threads, no GPU threads, and no subreddits aka generals.

You guys missed the point (probably on purpose). There's one set of headphones that work with it only, and companies that start making their headphones with lightning will charge more than for the standard 3.5mm
>cue iFags asking me if I'm poor for not wanting to pay more for the same sound quality with more bulk

>making up a false precedent

Its not about thinness you fucking sperglord. Did the phone get thinner? No. Is the 3.5mm big? No.

So tech support questions, desktop threads, guts threads, speccy threads, fizzbuzz threads and a lincucks circlejerk?

Nice. Nice,

>fails to make phone thinner
>retrothinks its consumers into believing that was never the idea in the first place

Bullshit and you know it. If you buy a 3rd party brand, lightning cables are about the same price as usb c and micro usb.

You fight cancer in small areas first

>Nice comeback. Shame nothing I said was wrong.
There's nothing limiting power draw on the 3.5mm jack, it supports a much higher power draw than what lighting can support
The people saying that are shills and placebo fucks, or people who got brain damaged by Jobs RDF
They might have improved them a bit, since even the shittiest chinkphones rape the old EarBuds, but the improvement doesn't come from the lightning port

>ignoring the fact that the phone is going to come with a pair of lightning earpods

jesus christ

You seem to not get the point: a lightning connector is much more expensive than a 3.5mm connector. No one talked about usb.

No one ignored it, it's just not a valid counter-point.

And they will have to pay huge licensing fees because the lightning port is proprietary and the IPhone can detect and block unauthorized cables...

>Sheep will buy it
They won't, there's a reason Apple isn't releasing the first week sales figures of the new iPhone's, they know there's going to be a strong backlash from dropping the 3.5mm port
It does, though apparently it's built on top of existing BT protocols

>Apple removed the headphone jack and was too dumb to make the phone thinner
>seriously, actually, thinking this

Are you 14?

>strong backlash from dropping the port
YOU FUCKING APES NO ONE WILL GIVE A SHIT WHEN THE PHONE COMES WITH FUCKING EARBUDS HOLY SHIT YOURE ALL FUCKING APES

It sure as fuck will stop me. I have a 5S now. All I use my phone for is music, texting, calling, sometimes Sup Forums, and YouTube, so it has held up fine, but there's no way I'll be buying into Apple's shit this time. I need a removable storage option as well for music...

The phone will still have bluetooth.

This actually.

Nice bait.

>bait
great response hehe xD

So both those things didn't happen?

>apple.com/iphone-7/specs/
>apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

7.1 = 7.1

get fucked

Bluetooth headphones sound like garbage. Will this sound slightly less like garbage?

nope its still bluetooth
but magic because its a W1

the whole point is this:

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I NEED TO BUY NEW PERIPHERALS FOR A DECADES-OLD STANDARD

Not him, but it can? I've never heard this. Got a link or something?

Because fuck what the people think

so you have to unplug your charging cable if you want to use headphones?

Haptic feedback that measures how hard you press on the button.

i.e. useless garbage that will irritate you by trying way too hard to predict what you want to do

Why do everyone here seems to think they took it out to make it thinner?

The 7 Plus is rumored to have 3GB instead of 2GB of ram. Has that been confirmed or what?

Pretty sure everyone here knows they did it to sell $160 wireless headphones.

I don't know what reason Apple claims to have, really would like to know actually.

Legit question: how often are you using your headphones while charging your phone?

I probably have done it once in my life

Courage.

This is true 97% of the time for me. Only that annoying time when I'm flying, charging with the in-seat USB, and wanna listen to music/podcast because of annoying crying baby.

when you're in a car. connecting your 3.5" into the aux

Never because iPhones make a buzzing noise that you can hear on your speakers if you do that.
They have always been a bad joke in the tech industry.

i.e more useless than the Kinect

How do you think it sends an analog signal to the phone connector?

most modern cars connect by usb directly. the next step back in time is bluetooth.

my car uses aux as well but i'm willing to admit that my car is old, and more importantly car manufacturers are nothing short of the most niggardly niggers in the universe. they're heinously slow on the upkeep with technology.

That's incorrect, there is analogue pass threw on the adapter

What are you talking about? Do you have a source showing it can pass analog sound or not?

How does the internal DAC help run headphones on a digital port you fucking retard?

it cannot, the adapter has its own DAC

USB-C on the other hand, does actually support analog audio

if lightning could into analog, why does the lightning to 30pin adapter need a DAC?

>not buying a new car every 2 years