>gentoo
>DE
Correct inb4 would be people suggesting i3

install Gentoo is generic goto Sup Forums meme

XFCE4

Pantheon

or not

KDE has the best suite of applications.
If there's something about the interface or it's appearance you don't like, it's a pretty retarded reason for using a 2nd tier suite of applications.
Either customize you're shit, or install any wm you'd prefer to log into.

you're
srs tho thanks, will consider, seemingly best suggestion yet

Install gentoo is not a generic goto Sup Forums meme. It is a legitimate solution to many problems people tend to have. It implies that if they were capable of installing gentoo, they would not be having those problems at all.
And if one wants another answer than that, they should head to

None. DE is for babby.

Apology poor english.

Herbstluftwm with dmenu and dzen2 should provide an adequate desktop experience

>using a DE
>needing someone else to pick all your desktop software options for you

Do you also want your Linux installation to hold your hand while you use the bathroom?

>Not being clever enough to peek at what's in a metapackage, and copy paste the bits you want, and letting your package manager fill in the dependencies.

we all can't use piss jugs like you user

Those fonts suck senpai

I3 gaps for minimalism

KDE > Gnome > XFCE > Pantheon > Unity7 > Unity8

>gaps
I sure do like wasting screen space

KDE or Cinnamon

XFCE>MATE>Cinnamon>>>>>KDE>>>>Gnome

Openbox>>>tiling shit>>>>>xfce>>>>>>>>every other de

>Having to Peek.
Just magically know what you need and spend weeks to tweak them.
Mix kde, gnome and lx for fair bloat.

install gentoo

You can choose to use other software, it's basically a foundation to work from.

We can't all be elitist like you, because then you wouldn't have anyone to lord your shitty opinions over.

KDE 5. It looks nice, works well, and has the best apps included. KDE connect is also great if you have an Android phone because you can share files easily with the computer and use your phone as a trackpad/keyboard.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Cinnamom

me too

>share files easily with the computer and use your phone as a trackpad/keyboard.
Why? What does it offer but ctrl+c/v with tabs like in say pcmanfm? Also, why would you want to use your phone as a keyboard/mouse? Seems like a gimmick. Like widgets. Kde4/Gnome3 aren't so dissimilar in that regard. Both gimmicky.

xmonad

KDE, so long as you're on KDE Neon.
With any other distro it's a buggy mess, so I say XFCE or MATE.

Budgie, no questions

and I've tried them all

I enjoy cinnamon and xfce4

gnome 3 for higher resoulution

GNOME 3 with awn and gnome-do is an OS X level of comfiness. Not enough customization to call it perfect de, but enough to make at least my perfect desktop.