New Speccy Thread

Post 'em

Just upgraded from a 280x to a 4GB 470.

>12GB RAM
ayy

I know, the rig came with 12GB when I bought it used a couple years ago. Have you tried to OC that 2600K? Your (I'm assuming) 290 will thank you

yeah it's at 4.4 right now, the 290X is still a fine card desu

6Core masterRace reporting in.

real 6 core coming through.

12 cores

a challenger appears

>32nm
>2Ghz
>32nm

I mean, you got more cores but i still have the advantage in single core performance.

I'd also still hold up fairly well even with the less cores just since i'm clocked at 4.4GHz.

And only ~180-200w power draw.

Yeah, gtx 1070 + 1080p 60Hz meme reporting

My system pulls about the same. I do wish it would turbo higher, though, 2.5GHz in single threaded applications kind of sucks. If they went up to 3.5GHz, that would be awesome. Those processors are getting replaced, anyway.

Yeah the 5820k is honestly great if you dont need a TON of VMs or anything like that. Very powerful cores.

iirc the power draw for my system exceeded 300w during a prime95 run, but it's usually between 150-200w in normal use. the cpus boost to 3.46ghz in single-threaded applications.

>1070 + 1080p 60Hz
Embarrassing, at least use DSR

>tfw fell for 16 gb ram meme

That's not enough.

>TFW I've used over 25GB of RAM
16 aint enough some times. Might upgrade to 64 actually.

>pls no more underage kids

What do you do that uses that much RAM?

first one to have me beat :(

Video editing software, sometimes I can use up to almost 20GB when doing photos, too.

Ah. I don't work with video so I find it hard to use even 32GB, though I want more just because of how cheap memory is.

I don't have the money for a 144hz or a 1440p monitor. Kill me.

what a waste of a 980ti then lmao

I know right. It even hits the overclock stable that I posted without any voltage mods. Am contemplating to sell my Vita for the monitor.

why would u even overclock it ?

u dont benefit from 60+fps and i'm getting 60+fps on any game maxed out with my 1060 already.

As soon as I get enough money, I'm gunna use the cpu and ram to make a server and upgrade to an i7

Wow such gamers in here

I wanted to find out if the 980 Ti I got for 350 USD was a great overclocker since it hits 1443 Mhz boost with GPU 2.0 alone. Turns out it is a great overclocker. But yeah no monitor. I do run it at stock when gaming.

Nice wallpaper senpai.

>Sapphire 390
That's the cool triangle-looking one right? Those are nice.

thanks i made it here you go anonchan

Is neofetch ok?

Yes.
but
>alienware

You people always greentext that fact but never explain why. This laptop is great. Solid feeling and about as fast as my older desktop with the difference being I can use it in bed.

Don't worry, I don't really have a problem with it. I'm just memeing. You can spend your money on whatever you want. I don't really care.

>amd poorcessors

>Killer meme NIC

>6 core

I hope you meant to say 3 core

No, YOU ARE.

What's the problem with them? They use the atheros drivers and at least mine works perfectly fine. The only problem is that the firmware is misnamed. the driver looks for a file named something5.bin and the actual firmware is something4.bin, but renaming it or copying it works fine.

because u paid extra for nothing. like a black t-shirt with a logo on it for 10x the price of one without.

personally idc, it's ur money.

>What's the problem with them?
They're garbage compared to Intel or Broadcom.

I don't want to make this a thread about brands, but I'll leave you with this: this was no more expensive than any other laptop with the same specs.

What? What the fuck does that mean?

get the free vita games though

New laptop.

POS

Gonna upgrade GPU soon, any suggestions in $400-500 range?

I need to get rid of this CPU

You can probably use 4K DSR in a lot of games.

Either give yourself a minor GPU upgrade or prepare to buy a monitor too. Depending on your financial situation, you might get a 1070 + 1080p ultrawide or 1440p 16:9.

If your goal is eventually to get a 4K 144Hz, plan out your upgrade path.

Zen, I'm waiting too. (I have the 6350.) At least it'll drive down prices.

A slight OC will really help your frametimes.

Hi! Do you want to be my sugar daddy? I'm really cute!

Is this a Windows 10 thread?

Video call machine.