Is Android still a toxic hellstew of vulnerabilities?

Is Android still a toxic hellstew of vulnerabilities?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2016/09/two-critical-bugs-and-more-malicious-apps-make-for-a-bad-week-for-android/
youtube.com/watch?v=H39qPKuWs_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ZDNET
>Literal Apple shills

I don't know OP, do you think this is a reliable piece of information or do you think it is a marketing ploy by Tim Cock?

I don't know about you, but really make me thinks

Unless you buy a Nexus Phone, yes.

>>Literal Apple shills
Hardly.

they have an entire section of their website for apple

No. Android has been usable since around 4.4 Kitkat. As long as you update and use common sense, it's just as secure as Linux or OS X. If you're the kind of person who installs random shit because a pop up page says your browser is broken, you should probably stick with stock iOS. If you want FreeBSD in your pocket, jailbreak.

> It isn't as if Apple is removing the headphone jack from the iPhone you have in your pocket.
If they could they would.

it's true though. i like android a lot but zealots like you make this whole discussion pointless. you need to acknowledge the flaws in something you like or you'll come off like a blind, brain-dead religious fanatic.

>Android
>Secure
Holy fuck my sides

Prove me wrong.

You made the claim, bb. I'll just wait here not having malware on my phone. Call me when the majority of Android users aren't using capacitive touchscreen trak-phones running a 7 year old OS.

Call me when the majority of iPhone users aren't tech illiterate normalfags that will still buy devices without an important universal port. Also, iOS is vulnerable to malware. It's a small computer running a UNIX like OS. The fruit logo does not protect you from harmful software.

>being this cucked by 100 year old tech
>Still implying Android is secure
Try harder.

Computers haven't been around for 100 years. Barely 60 at this point. Thanks for proving my point about the tech illiteracy, and yes, Android is secure if you're not a retard.

wow.
Analog audio has been around a long time, as has the audio hole you're weirdly obsessed with. Maybe do some research before you reply next time. An OS is only as secure as it's dumbest user. Mobile OSs are built for normies, and Android is a fragmented nightmare of vulnerabilities.

>Maybe do some research before you reply next time
I could say the same to you. Google says you're wrong. Your turn. Show me how vulnerable Android phones are.

It's even the same guy kek

It's impossible to argue this. If you don't own a Nexus or a device released within the last half year your device will almost certainly be outdated.

I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but the 3.5mm audio jack was invented in the 19th century...

Shh, He's clearly not smart enough to understand that we were converting audio into electrical signals before we made computers.

>apple users are projecting headphone jack removal sodium onto others when the argument started over software
Kek. Fucking idiots.

OMG. They have a Windows 10 section too, what does that mean? Couldn't be they put hot topics up there, could it?

My Note Edge has July's patch level, which is "not bad".

>Using an archive to avoid giving a page clicks
That's pretty scummy user. Consider the extra strain you're putting on the archive.

I used the Wayback machine to check my theory that the sections zdnet shows changes depending on what's trending.

If you haven't heard, Apple announced their new iPhone last week, so they're a pretty popular subject right now.

People like you are worse than the Apple shills. Android has an update problem, accept it retard.

The last one is the September one. Congrats, you're vulnerable.

arstechnica.com/security/2016/09/two-critical-bugs-and-more-malicious-apps-make-for-a-bad-week-for-android/

As long as you're using a ROM that stays close to the mainline updates, you're fine. If you're using the ROM that came with the phone, you're probably doing something wrong unless your phone is a Nexus or a Oneplus or something...

Basically, always unlock your bootloader and flash either AOSP or Cyanogenmod, or a similar ROM that actually gets security updates. Don't buy any phones from Samsung at all.

This. I don't know why someone would buy an android phone without official CM support

How many people are affected by these vulnerabilities anyways?

Is it often or just more bullshit like NBC claiming you'll be hacked just going to Sochi?

youtube.com/watch?v=H39qPKuWs_Y

They didn't disclose they were on an open wifi and downloaded random popups.

Wtf I hate android now

Android is fine. You're just a dumbass for choosing Samsung instead of getting a Nexus, or Nexus-like phone.

you are right it should only be used for links because it generates higher click counts and except on Sup Forums also backlinks.

tldr: kill yourself

Ok

???
This is not Android? How is that supposed to prove security of Android?

>implying implications

You know your OS is shit when it has more vulnerabilities than Adobe Flash.

>just as secure as OSX
so not secure whatsoever?

Wat

It is as much as any other OS is.

So having less vulnerabilities than other software makes it secure???
Also, that is just about #, not about severity.

How is OS X more secure when there's a new malware in Transmission every few month? What about the malware that wasn't discovered yet?

>387 vulnerabilities discovered in 2015
>b-but muh severity

That really isn't an excuse when more than 100 vulnerabilities have been discovered in a single year