There are people willing to pay $400+ for this

>There are people willing to pay $400+ for this

Why?

To play Mario on it.

Because they can.

But there are cheaper alternatives.

Of course. That hasn't stopped Apple from making billions.

Don't underestimate neckbeard fanboyism.

They look at the price and compare it to the latest Nintendo DS running linux rather than comparing it to a laptop running Linux with an emulator.

I would rather blow a few hundred dollars on a big ass TV and a controller to play my games on than this little handheld

neat concept though

> cheaper alternatives

interested. what are these called, or do you have a list?

what is an old laptop or a rapsberry pi

those aren't portable

Just get a ps vita

>laptop
>not portable

Because they want a UMPC? Not too many options outside of this, the GPD Win, and 10 year old hardware.

not like that thing is

even less if it's old

It's pocketable while laptops are not

>get a laptop
How much of a hippopotamus are you that your laptop fits in the pocket of your jorts?

just buy a fucking ipad mini/any tablet

It's called a fucking ps vita.

Where the fuck did you get my picture from?

PS Vita's just a gaming device running an OS made for not much more than gaming. This is a general purpose device capable of gaming.

The PS Vita ironically has a much better homebrew SDK than the Pandora.

We are not poorfags
We understand that due economies in scale products made in smaller quantities are more expensive
We are willing to pay extra for a niche product

Capable of nothing else than multimedia.

So the Vita it's.

Oh boy I just can't wait to hack together Lisp programs on a tiny 4 inch screen and shitty keyboard!

Vita's got like 10 emulators, and it really became viable only a month ago. The Pandora on the other hand runs a real operating system and can do more than muh gaymes

Vita doesn't have a keyboard.

>He puts things in his pockets

Look at this loser with no fashion sense

Use a messenger bag or a backpack that wasn't designed for highschoolers

>he carries a bag when everything could just go in his pockets

I would buy the shit out of the 4gb version if i had the money. The worst part will be waiting 6 months for someone to get the debian build somewhat stable.

Tell me what I can do on a Pandora that I can't on my smartphone.

>have a hardware keyboard
>use a real OS
>have a hardware gamepad
Like I said before, if you don't want it, don't buy it.

>messenger bag
Why don't you just scream out that you're a sissy, that's a lot cheaper than buying a bag like a woman.

>being this insecure.
Guilty parties often make the first move.

>have a hardware keyboard
That is slower than a touchscreen keyboard
>use a real OS
How is Android not a real OS?
>have a hardware gamepad
That's what my vita is for.

so it's a 100$ phone with a keyboard for 400$? why not just buy a note 1 pro and a controller attachment

>There are people willing to pay $400+ for this
>Why?

Apparently they're not aware technology has advanced since 2006, which is when these were introduced.

>That is slower than a touchscreen keyboard
Irrelevant. If you want a hardware keyboard, you want a fucking hardware keyboard.
>How is Android not a real OS?
It's not capable of being a desktop OS like Debian
>That's what my vita is for.
Your Vita's not a phone.

I'm out of the loop apparently. The Vita's been hacked and with homebrew?

Look up Henkaku, the homebrew scene's rather lacking atm but the hack's only been around for a month. You can pirate Vita games, install emulators, and use the few homebrew applications that exist now.

>Why don't you just scream out that you're a sissy
That's too subtle. To get a full equivalent to having a purse you have scream OMG I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH COCK while having 4 niggers wearing wireless apple headphones quadruple penetrate you. You also need two trannies in front of you letting you suck their feminine penises. You can only take a break to make giant clouds with your vape.

It's much easier to just buy a purse.

They're stupid, they could just buy a pocket CHIP

So your saying i sould buy a vita now ?

>Irrelevant. If you want a hardware keyboard, you want a fucking hardware keyboard.
No one should ever want a hardware keyboard on a pocket sized device because they are all awful.
>It's not capable of being a desktop OS like Debian
What tasks can you perform with Debian that you can't with Android?
>Your Vita's not a phone.
I never said it was.

Might be the new PSP now

PSP did all of that years ago, I'll give you browsing since it was a pain to do anything keyboard related on that shit, but other than that, eh.
Why did the VITA have to happen brehs why couldn't they just make a new PSP with better hardware without fucking everything up

>Why did the VITA have to happen brehs why couldn't they just make a new PSP with better hardware without fucking everything up
So you mean the vita?

The vita would have been a massive hit if it were able to play PS2 games and it were hacked from the beginning

Might be one of the smartest business decisions they've ever made, if they sell it at a profit.

Then noone would buy the games and it would flop because game devs would stop supporting it.

No one makes games for it now user

Japan does. Who gives a shit about shitty western CoD shit?

>Projecting this hard

Sony still makes a ton from the proprietary memory sticks

Also there was still plenty of PS3/4 ports to the vita, it's selling point was a powerful handheld, but the 3DS had way better games

>No one should ever want a hardware keyboard on a pocket sized device because they are all awful
Yet they're vastly superior to touchscreen keyboards. It's cool and all if you're a masochist, but not everyone is.
>What tasks can you perform with Debian that you can't with Android?
Use desktop applications
>I never said it was.
You sure are acting like it is.

Not everyone is weird like you though.

I never said they were, dumbass.

>Yet they're vastly superior to touchscreen keyboards. It's cool and all if you're a masochist, but not everyone is.
No they aren't. Just because you are a tech illiterate grandpa who hasn't learned how to type on a touch keyboard doesn't mean everyone else is.
>Use desktop applications
"Desktop applications" is a very broad term. What specific TASKS can you do on Debian on a Pandora you cannot on Android?
>You sure are acting like it is.
Let me rephrase it then. A Pandora offers no advantage over a modern phone and a Vita with CFW.

It's amazing to me that anyone would pay over four hundred dollars for anything running Android.

>No they aren't.
They definitely are.
>Just because you are a tech illiterate grandpa who hasn't learned how to type on a touch keyboard doesn't mean everyone else is.
People who prefer physical keyboards aren't all old people stuck in the past. I can type fine with a touchscreen keyboard, hell, I type faster than I do with a physical one. Doesn't stop me from preferring a physical one. Again, it's okay if you're a masochist, but not everyone is.
>What specific TASKS can you do on Debian on a Pandora you cannot on Android?
Run desktop applications.
>A Pandora offers no advantage over a modern phone and a Vita with CFW.
Except the facts that the Pandora is one device while phone + Vita is two and that there is no CFW for the Vita.

Well the Pandora doesn't run Android so I don't see why you're telling me you're so amazed. Go bitch in

He's probably doing

>They definitely are
>I can type faster with a touchscreen
Wew kys

A lot of these older games are really dependent on having "arcade quality" inputs to be enjoyable.

I can't imagine playing these on anything other than an arcade machine or on my PC with a decent quality arcade stick. I'm not even an elitist, I'm casual as fuck. I don't know how people can stomach playing games without decent inputs.

How is running applications designed for a desktop on a tiny 4 inch 800x480 screen an advantage?

You must have bought one of them to actually defend it. It seems like a major piece of shitt.

There is CFW with the Vita. I'm running a GBA emulator on it right now. And a Vita and a phone will be thinner than the fatfuck Pandora. Even if you needed to fit your autismal need for a physical keyboard you can get a Priv. And I guess you don't take a phone with you when (if) you go outside. Playing with your "desktop applications" is obviously more important than being connected.

I fail to see the issue. If I prefer a physical keyboard I prefer a physical keyboard, there's nothing more to it.

How is it not?

I don't even plan on buying one.

>There is CFW with the Vita. I'm running a GBA emulator on it right now
Yes, I too have a bunch of emulators and pirated games on my Vita. Yes, it has been hacked, yes you can run homebrew, yes you can pirate games, and yes you can run emulators, but there is still no CFW.
>Even if you needed to fit your autismal need for a physical keyboard you can get a Priv.
Still not a UMPC
>And I guess you don't take a phone with you when (if) you go outside.
I guess you don't realize the Pandora can be a phone. Yes I currently take a phone with me when I feel I'll need it, but if I had the Pandora it would be my phone.
>(if)
Of course I go outside, I'm not a basement-dwelling shut-in (unlike you).
>Playing with your "desktop applications" is obviously more important than being connected.
Not at all.

>phone that only works with wifi
Sounds great.

What "desktop applications" would you use on a Pandora? I am genuinely curious why you have this obsessive need over these "desktop applications".

>>phone that only works with wifi
No, you fucking dumbass. There's a model with a cellular radio that can be used as a legitimate fucking cell phone, as in making calls and sending texts using cellular towers.
>What "desktop applications" would you use on a Pandora?
A browser mainly, of course there are others here and there. Sorry I don't keep a list of applications I'll potentially use on devices I'll potentially buy. You're free to consider applications that work well on it in your own time if you're that curious though.

Which browser? Why would that browser be better than the Android versions of Firefox or Chrome?

>two times more expensive than my phone for 4x less performance
Excuse me while I'm playing Titan Quest and KOTOR.

>Which browser
Well since there's no ARM Opera port I guess SeaMonkey
>Why would that browser be better than the Android versions of Firefox or Chrome?
The mail client and other features that every browser should have yet literally no mobile version does.

>web browser
literal autism

Why should a brwoser come with a mail client?

Ill just buy a controller for my note 5 or even a cradle and a ps3 controller

Sure thing kid

Because it just works best that way. The web is one of the very few places where an application suite makes sense. It's difficult to explain but if you've used Opera or SeaMonkey to their full potential you'd know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry you've yet to experience the master race.

How well does the Pandora do regarding heat? Will that thing be cooking my fingers if i held it? Do you guys think the Pyra will do the same?

Have fun with your autism. I too, sure would love an email client cover half my screen with toolbars and not be integrated with a central notification system.

>have fun with your nonexistent autism and things that never happen
I sure will, user!

You have autism. I'm not even the person you're replying to.

I literally don't, been tested before.

kek

What's so funny about you getting proven wrong?

Because the fact that you've gotten tested makes us think that other people have suspected you had autism in the past as well.

The fact that you had to test for autism.

Autism here is a generic insult. You don't understand social interaction even on the fucking 4than. And THAT is genuine autism.

Friendly reminder that software emulators will never achieve perfect transistor-level accuracy in your lifetime.

Regardless I don't have it and medical professionals can back me on this.

>Autism here is a generic insult
I'm well aware.
>You don't understand social interaction even on the fucking 4than
Of course I do, you fucking dumbass.

Can't you just get a 2ds or 3ds and hack that?

Autism.

j

>Of course I do, you fucking dumbass.
Prove it.
>inb4 you literally try to prove it, fucking autist

Reminder that nobody claimed otherwise.

What's there to fucking prove? Fuck, how the hell would I even go about proving it? Eat a dick.

I'd rather buy one of those pocket chips honestly.

Reminder that this is a waste of time. HLE, especially in 3d games, achieves better quality than the emulated platform.

>he actually thought about proving it
I'm fucking done.

Are you Jewish by any chance?

No I didn't, are you legitimately retarded?

wow user you sure showed me