Im thinking of building a gaming PC for under 1100 dollars, something to run things 1080p 60fps master race blablabla...

Im thinking of building a gaming PC for under 1100 dollars, something to run things 1080p 60fps master race blablabla. I've never built a PC myself before and I need some help, I've looked up some lists of parts but none of them seem like what I want. The only other boards I go on are Sup Forums and /fit/ so I'm expecting this to be 100% shitposts but if anyone has serious build suggestions any help is appreciated.
Pic unrelated.
The price of the monitor isn't included in the 1100 dollar budget.
Depending on the type of responses I get on this board I have extra incentive for good builds

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/CDcRKZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZrqBLD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i5 4690k/6600k + a decent Gigabyte/Asus/MSI Z97/Z170 chipset motherboard
8 or 16GB compatible memory, don't spend more for higher clock speed, it won't help you at all
RX 480 or GTX 1060
Get a decent Corsair/EVGA/XFX/Seasonic 80+ Silver or Gold modular/semi-modular PSU
Don't skimp on the case, you'll regret it
Get a solid state, it's more than worth it

Listen to this man

Would an i7 work? It's still in my price range

No reason to get an i7 for gaymen. Benefits for that use will be almost non-existent and you'll spend at least 30-40% more.

This user will get you a standard build, but a good one. Nothing fancy but it should be fine for a few years, then all you'll need is more ram or maybe a new graphics card

Unless you're planning on streaming, doing video/photo editing and shits, it's not worth it. Just get an i5 for gayming and invest your budget on other components. But if you still have spare cash after getting everything else, then why the hell not.

this plus PLEASE CONSIDER 144hz

its so much better browsing on a 144hz monitor and its not like you'll be playing vidya constantly 24/7 anyways

pcpartpicker.com/list/CDcRKZ
Includes all of parts, peripherals, wifi adapter. No OS. 800 USD. I'm planning on getting this in a few months

and fuck off

Oh yeah includes monitor. Get a 1070 if you can to get more than 60 fps

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZrqBLD
1440p 60 fps easy
1080p 100+ fps easy
Add an SSD later, I've never had a problem with blues.
Feel free to change the RAM/cooler/case/1070 to a different flavor if you don't like them aesthetically

this

>No reason to get an i7 for gaymen.

fuck off with this meme

not everybody plays 10 year old games, alot of simulation games are very cpu demanding, i7 would do you good

Fuck off

I might as well ask here.

I wanna get a new MOBO, preferably one that has PCIX1 above the PCIE x 16 so I could have a sound card above the gpu.

However it seems my cpu is old enough to not have any decent mobos like that asus rock z extreme 4 being made anymore.

Is it worth it to upgrade my cpu then? All I do is play games and encode videos.

Underage b&

>I wanna have a sound card above the gpu.
> All I do is play games and encode videos.

Why?

Because My current mobo doesnt have a optical out nor do the cheapest MOBO's I see for the LGA 1151 socket option. Id like to connect a digital reciever for sourround.

Fair enough, your Cpu is still fine though, I'd keep looking for a mobo that fits your needs in this case. Maybe try calling some computer stores, often they remove old stuff from their website even if they still have parts lying around.

21" iMac non-retina

Quick question, does anyone know why speccy isn't showing more information for my CPU/ Memory in the quick summary section?

Everything is listed when I go to the tab, but I don't know why it isn't displaying in the summary.