Samsung to use AMD or Nvidia GPUs in its Exynos chipsets

SONY, APPLE, MICROSHIT ALL BTFO

SAMSUNG IS BACK IN BUSINESS BABY

WHO CAN'T WAIT FOR GTX 1060 ON S8 EDGE HERE?

gsmarena.com/samsung_wants_to_use_amd_or_nvidia_gpus_in_its_exynos_chipsets_plans_to_ditch_qualcomm_for_good_in_2-news-20441.php

Dude, you won't even get shitty Tegra performance, because that is like 10W TDP or more and phone chip can't go over a fraction of that.

It's good news because there is a slim chance at some point in the future Dolphin will run full speed on a phone (qualcomm drivers are a joke)

That said with the 2w power envelope I would not expect much anytime soon.

based samsung will find a way

into your A N U S

>samsung uses nvidia gpu
>flashlight doubles as a flamethrower

amd runs hotter, dumb frogposter

HBM in phones when?

Are you retarded?

It's already been confirmed Samsung and Nvidia are doing deals, Samsung will produce the 14nm GPU for Nvidia and Nvidia will work with Samsung for mobile CPU/GPU.

This was worked out ages ago when they were suing each other, its just a agreement that was already planned.

I thouht amd would have learned their lesson when they released the R9 290 2 or 3 years ago but nop, the RX480 is still hot as shit. I wonder if that's the reason they didn't release the Rx 490X

HBM making any difference in performance, when?

I would buy a phone with a built in flamethrower or at least a lighter in a second

But it does you dumbass

>he forgot about fermi

high res displays

>HURRR FERMI
congrats for being able to move on from the past
AMD has run hotter with all the recent cards
it's 2016, not 2010

you mean they use more power? temperature just depends on the cooling solution.

>tfw my father still has a gtx480 in the pc he never uses/used.
thank god this housefire beast is resting

I think that is misleading.

When you say X will use Nvidia/AMD GPUs it makes people think that Nvidia/AMD will provide the GPUs for the devices, but that probably won't be the case with Exynos because it is an SoC.
It's more likely Nvidia/AMD will provide the expertise and some technology to help Samsung design the GPUs for Exynos.

>WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT NVIDIA

Your anus must be like molten lava getting this mad; hotter than any graphics card ever gets. It must overheat and catch fire every time a graphics card war thread appears.

its literally required to make 4k viable

Is it safe to say that it will most likely be an NVIDIA GPU? AMD is more lean on x86 architecture, while NVIDIA have their own ARM SoCs already.

>b-b-but amd is worse
newfag

For double the fire power??? of AMD?

Newfag detected

SAMSUNG HAD A PHONE SET A MAN'S CAR ON FIRE.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about
Both AMD and Nvidia have their businesses structured so they can license out GPU IP to clients.
Instead of Samsung's Exynos line of SoCs using stock ARM Mali GPU IP, it would use GCN or Pascal/Volta IP. That is what the article is hinting at.

All that matters is if their GPU arch in question can scale down in power to appropriate levels, which it can, and how much performance is delivered at that power level.

>nividia housefires
>samsung airplane fires

a world only lit by fire