Granular permissions - iOS 2008, Android 2015

Granular permissions - iOS 2008, Android 2015
Automatic app backup to cloud - iOS 2011, Android 2015
Management of app background work for standby battery life: iOS 2008, Android 2015

Enjoy your "new" OS!
In 2018 you guys will love: Handoff, Continuity, Reachability, Night Shift, 3D Touch, Airdrop, unified media controls, full phone backups, iMessage, and basic security features.
If you need help with Android's new features, just ask an iPhone user. We've had this stuff for years.

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/
source.android.com/security/
theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Category:Exploits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Headphone Jack - Android : 2008 -
IOS: .......
-

>full phone backups
Are you a fag?
I performed it long before your post.
>iMessage
Oh, so you ARE a fag.

basically good mobile OS: ios - 2006, android - WIP

First Android phone: no headphone jack
First iPhone: headphone jack
Enjoy your new phone, pajeet!

Who was saying anything about the first Android phone you dumb applel

There is honestly nothing that iOS has that Cyanogenmod doesn't that I actually give a shit about. A lot of the features vanilla Android took its sweet precious time to get to developing have been available in ROMs like Cyanogenmod for a while anyways.

>basic security features
Right. "Security." Coming from the second most vulnerable OS in 2015, only being led by Mac OS X.

iPhone has been playing catch up to Android in basically everything except for security since Job's died.

>Right. "Security." Coming from the second most vulnerable OS in 2015, only being led by Mac OS X.

Did I miss this?

this

That's gonna be a no from me dog

iPhone is safely ahead in the "doesn't lag with every operation" feature

>le lagdroid meme
2008 wants its memes back

xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/

>night shift
But Applel stole it from Chainfire?

>samsung
show me a real rom like stock or oxygen OS

if only cyanogen was as stable as ios

i love how androidfags always throw samsung away

So?

Where's your micro SD card slot?

Don't need one

>Granular permissions
Interestingly enough, google added them to android with Ice Cream Sandwich, back in 2012. Then, with the next version of android the removed it again, for some stupid reason, though the feature was retained in many custom roms.

>iMessage
There are many applications that serve the same purpose as iMessage. Things like WhatsApp, Telegram, Threemar or other instant messengers exist across most mobile platforms and desktop, thus being more useful than being restricted to the iOS crowd only.

Enjoy buying a new 800 $ iPhone if you ever run out of storage, instead of buying a 30 $ micro SD card.

See pic
It has improved a lot user. I'm using nightlies and I haben't had any problems so far.

go back to your containment board.

>Granular permissions - iOS 2008, Android 2015
wat?

>"There's a third party ad supported app alternative for this base iOS feature"

Gee wizz. Great.

Not gonna run out of storage

Some apps for Android can't be moved to the SD card unless you root and install INT2SD.

>tfw having to do that with an HTC Wildfire S

Isn't it just grouping all OS X versions here while splitting the Windows ones?

Really surprised how low android is though

>Hangouts
>third party
>iOS feature
Instant messaging isn't an iOS feature

You need third party apps for iMessage features on Android

What iMessage features are you referring to?

I guess they are splitting windows versions simply due to each of those versions having a lot of marketshare.

Read/Unread notifications
Message syncing (and sending) with laptop
Blue bubbles (iOS only)
Messages over the Internet as opposed to text

Nobody uses Hangouts

File manager - Android 2008, iOS never
As long as iOS doesn't have that most basic of feature, it's a toy OS and nothing more.

>Nobody uses Hangouts
Which is kind of a sad thing because it would've been a nice thing to have a decent native instant messenger on android which could compete with iMessage.

>Read/Unread notifications
Almost every mainstream instant messenger has those nowadays, even Hangouts does.

>Message syncing (and sending) with laptop
This works with most current instant messenger as well, though it usually isn't as nicely executed as iMessage.

>Blue bubbles (iOS only)
nice meme

>Messages over the Internet as opposed to text
Instant messenger ≠ sms

Doesn't everyone use whatsapp anyway? At least that's seemingly the situation outside the US.

t. different guy

Well, the weebs use LINE for some reason, but aside from them it probably boils down to Whatsapp, Telegram and threemar

I've been using cm for 4-5 years and I always had problems. I never used a nightly for more than one day because I always encountered serious bugs / reboots etc

Which phone do you have? I have been using CM13 nightlies on my S5 for nearly a year now and my most serious complaint is that it lacks support for 60fps recording unlike touchjizz.

Don't forget how iOS has had a vulkan equivalent since 2014. Meanwhile Android got Vulkan in Adroid N a few weeks ago and it's incompatible with millions of phones that are still on fast chipsets like SD801.

Thanks Google!

>Handoff
What is this, like Firefox pocket?
>Continuity
Material design.
>Reachability
Useless, but we can set custom gestures.
>Night Shift
We have nightmode.
>3D Touch
Also useless, custom gestures again.
>Airdrop
More useless shit, we have NFC and dropbox.
>unified media controls
You are aware that your media and ringer controls are separate, correct iFaggot?
>full phone backups
Hello TWRP and CWM. Also remember that iTunes is not actually making a full backup, more like a halfassed one with settings and pictures.
>iMessage
I didn't even use it when I had an iDevice. I used Kik and Whatsapp.
>and basic security features
See source.android.com/security/ and educate yourself. Also see theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Category:Exploits for all the huge known iOS exploits out there. There are so many that they're categorized by alphabetical order.

You've officially been BTFO. Take your shit to /lgbt/.

S3

>continuity
>material design
you don't even know what you're talking about

Prove me wrong iPajeet.

Interesting, do you use official builds?

>3D touch
>useless
>reachability
>useless
>doesn't know anything about handoff or continuity
>doesn't understand how unified media controls works
You idiots never fail to surprise me with your sheer stupidity. Why do you feel the urge to bash iOS when you don't even know the slightest thing about it? Are you seriously that insecure?

Prove me wrong.

yes. I expect cm13 to be unstable because it's an old device, but even cm11 snapshot releases have problems

The burden of proof lies on you, that's how making accusations and arguments works. You can't just spout nonsense without any kind of reason and exepect people to

Oh wait it's bait. Nvm, I'll hit post anyway.

material design is an ui, while continuity is the integration between osx and ios

The idea of an ecosystem of products is beyond the comprehension of the Androjeet. Android does not have an actual ecosystem, Google has made a pseudo-ecosystem using the internet, but there's no actual products which work seamlessly between each other.

Apple in this sense is around a decade ahead already when you think of all the things a MacBook, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and AirPods can do together. Again, the Androjeet will not be able to understand what an ecosystem is in the first place.

Why do ios fags think it's an invalid argument? Do you blame Windows every time HP puts out a piece of shit laptop loaded with bloatware?

>Handoff, Continuity,
Doesn't work on proper OS. There're handoff-like features in select apps. Alright, I'll give you that one(you won't get more anyway) - though obviously it doesn't work for every app.
>Reachability
WTF is this shit
>The Reachability sample application demonstrates how to use the System Configuration framework to monitor the network state of an iOS device.
Are you implying Android can't use networks?
>Night Shift
LiveDisplay.
>3D touch
Android has support for that in API since 2.0 (2009). But since it's fucking garbage OEMs don't use it(well, some did actually).
>Airdrop
Android can transfer files over WiFI as well.
>unified media controls
Clarify. Does this have something to do with remotes? Because some phones have IR blasters for that.
>full phone backups
TWRP, 90 seconds and I have FULL FUCKING BACKUP, down to every little setting of every app. And it's just a folder, I can keep it on my PC or an SD card.
>iMessage
Are you implying Android can't send messages?
>basic security features
Like what?
What's your problem with CM? Some locked down devices might have problems due to lack of sources, but they are not inherent to CM.

I'm not an ios fag, I never had an iphone

I get crashes, couldn't connect to camera errors, random reboots, also bootloops happened a few times

>unified media controls
>You are aware that your media and ringer controls are separate, correct iFaggot?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I'm not even sure why you felt you had to address that. Unified media controls are such a non-feature.

/thread

>couldn't connect to camera
100% implementation problem. I use CM since 10.1 on two different phones, nightlies only, and they had different bugs but nothing that makes it unusable. If it's random reboot it happens maybe twice a week(and only on my second phone). Bootloop? You dirty flashed that shit(I have encountered only 1(one) rogue version that got pulled from downloads 2 hours later).

I admit I dirty flashed once and I got bootloops later. but the rest, seems like it's basically samsung's fault, as always...

> cannot sync with Dropbox/Onedrive anymore
> has to use iCloud, like an iCuck
> settings is now a clusterfuck
> design is trying to appeal to 12 year olds, not businessmen anymore
> still no stereo speaker
> still no sd card
> still no removable battery
> still no fast charging
> still no wireless charging (or fast wireless charging)

But you tried, OP.

> Using Mail is a pain, the stock app is shit, using non-default apps is painful
> Fucking iTunes. Mother-fucking-iTunes

Honestly?
The way how iTunes works, and the usability hell that is the current settings/hotbar/notification..whatever, it's just craaazy horrible.

I don't know who signed these off.
If you check a stock Android, it's more simple. I am not kidding. Hell, a WP phone is more simple.

What the fuck happened to Apple?

iOS user here.
Mail is pretty bad if you don't turn on ''alert'' notificacions on the lock screen, otherwise its okay, not great tho.
Anyway I prefer Gmail, which works alright

I don't understand, what's wrong with Mail? My experiences using GMail have all been absolutely awful. Google's architecture and terrible IMAP compatibility make it very frustrating in comparison to iCloud mail (even though I have no need for it).

At least my problem is that it never show me notifications and I need to open the app in order to check if I have new email, while every other mail app sends me push notifications. Everything else, like composing email, contacts and calendar events suggestions works flawlessly though.

Problem is, third party app always feel "off".

Gmail eats a lot less battery, because both Google and Microsoft stopped providing push shit for free. It was news years ago.

CloudMagic is also cool on all platforms, but it's not so secure, so I would not recommend it for tinfoil hats. It's very battery friendly, I use it on Android for ~10 accounts, the best ever.

This. 1st gen android tech was shit and only for third world era. It's just in the last few years android has progressed dramatically. iOS use to be really good because of speed and reliability.

>iPhones have become a severely locked down version of android.

> Granular permissions - iOS 2008

what a bunch of crap, Apple added the privacy settings in 2012 iirc, and only after several incidents high-profile apps harvesting users' entire contacts file.

If you dropped your phone in water say goodbye to all your photos.

iPhone 7 is literally such a flop that they're literally giving them away for free. Says a lot about how shitty it is.

I wonder if that's why whatsapp is so popular.

Here's your (you)

Can I have some earbuds to go with my (you)? Oh wait.

You use it to store your photos,notes, files on it. You can always rediwnload apps.

On android can you clear the cache of each app?

That sounds like your notification setting are wrong, I've always had immediate rich push notifications with no issues.

permissions are very annoying.
filter out the malware from app store and call it a day.

every app popping up shit questions when you open them... and you have to enable them anyway, otherwise they won't work.

so what the fuck?

I found it quite useful for some apps and games that send notifications when you don't use them for a while.

>Apple ecosystem

Or you could create your own ecosystem with android.

Yes, you can clear the cache of each app.

I'm glad companies copy each other like this. I hate faggots who want only their favorite toys to have special features.

We didn't get multitasking until iOS 4, retard

iOS software >> Android
Android hardware >> iOS

Because ecosystem=Wall Garden. It's the new marketing buzzword to get idiots like yourself defending intentionally isolated technology from universal standards.

Android runs pretty much modern hardware architecture, and viturally any hardware you wish. It's runs on TV, Watches, Cars, x86, and what the fuck you want. Androids Apps can run on QNX, Window Mobile, Windows PC, Sailfish, IOS,even Chrome.

Android doesn't punish you for not using their products, and losing the ability to communicate with them.

I use the yahoo mail app which works great. Mail app is an abomination that uses your phones personal info.

How good do android apps usually run?

i use android but holy shit you're absolutely wrong if android design is "continuous"

google can't even get material right across their own set of apps

Is this on android? Sounds good.

How is it superior in software?

If Apple ever goes under your iPhone/iPad is screwed.

Apple fags stay doing damage control

>Apple Watch
>iPad
>AirPods

wew lad, you can keep your shitty tech in your "ecosystem". I'll pay half the price for something that works just how I want it to, not how Apple wants it to.

>32 GB 7 plus for €765
>128 GB model for €1115, making the difference a whopping €350
>mfw I bought a 128 GB microsd to upgrade my 16 GB galaxy s4 a month ago
>mfw I have have no face

Enjoy paying out your ass for more than the bare minimum storage

Ladies and gentleman, Apple fags.
No headphone port?
>Don't need one
No micro SD card slot?
>Don't need one

but somehow you do need the overpriced piece of shit you're arguing for.

>> cannot sync with Dropbox/Onedrive anymore

What do you mean?

It's not that we can't comprehend such an ecosystem, it's just that we don't fucking want one. Many of us don't use Mac OS X because we happen to like using either Windows or Linux, and we probably would not change that if Google were to make a desktop/laptop operating system that allowed for the kinds of synergy Apple has between its products. We don't use Apple TV or Apple Watch because these are useless fucking toys. Most of what Apple TV offers can be had in a laptop or a desktop... or a goddamn game console, and the Apple Watch has extremely niche benefits at best. We don't use iPhones or iPads for the simple fact that Android is a better operating system, and as for the Air Pods... I don't know about most Android users, but if I was going to spend $159 on a pair of headphones, I'd ask an audiophile to recommend me a decent pair of Sennheisers. I'd have decent audio quality AND not have to worry about battery life. Also, I wouldn't look gay wearing them.

See

A10 is objectively much faster than any other mobile chip