No beating around the bush and no bullshit, what is the absolute best torrent client for Windows 7?

No beating around the bush and no bullshit, what is the absolute best torrent client for Windows 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

schizoduckie.github.io/PimpMyuTorrent/
kde.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

qbittorrent

Deluge

utorrent

try them all and make up your own mind you dumb bastard

Halite. Simple, made in C++ with LibTorrent and the Boost libs. Can't beat that.
Deluge is good too but tends to be slow as fuck (python)

fpbp

Why does this thread get made every day? What is it that people want a torrent client to do? Are there expectations so great that they honestly need to consider which is "the best" torrent client?

Things I require from a torrent client:
>no ads
>downloads torrents
>allows the user to pick and choose which files from the torrent they want
>handles magnet links
>has a feature for managing upload / download speeds

As far as I am aware, all torrent clients have all these features. Do people want their torrent client to reach out and tug them off as well?

Transmission

qBittorrent

>Up to date
>No malware
>No ads
>Just works

Deluge

deluge

Deluge is a piece of shit

Qbit has no ads and I never had issues with it

I tried a couple clients and liked Tixati far more than anything other. Unfortunately people keep calling me a faggot because of that ;_;

>faggot
No, they call you /mlp/. Don't lie on the internet

qbittorrent is neat, however my computer seems to crash sometimes if i have multiple gigantic (25gb+) files downloading at the same time

Qbittorrent or deluge. Make your own choice

Shit, I would rather be a faggot than anything that has something in common with mlp.
What has Tixati to do with it anyway?

utorrent 2.2.1

Utorrent 2.2.1

Qbittorrent

uTorrent 2.2.1

Deluge if they are not being "hacked" again

I will never understand this mentality. Running 5 year old, unpatched, closed source networking software just because the newer version has ads. What's even more disturbing is tracker admins whitelisting this client.

gentoo.

I will never understand this mentality. Running brand-new, untested software from an unverified author pulled from an unverified repo just because it's claimed to be "open source". Unless you've personally audited the source and compiled it with a compiler of your making on hardware of your manufacture and accomplished a comprehensive penetration test, you have no claim to security.

Contrast to a piece of software with a huge user base that has proven itself impenetrable for 5 years.

There's a reason trackers don't automatically whitelist new software. It can't be trusted. So please peddle your insecure botnet software elsewhere.

Oh okay, I see you're just trolling. For a second I though you were seriously recommending uTorrent.

i tried them all. bitcomet will get you highest speed

BUT i dont use latest version

Utorrent is much slower. about 150kb/sec slowe

there was some dispute and drama about bitcomet having faster speed. it was accused of shady methods to increase down speed of its users at the deterrant of other clients

qBittorrent: The STALLING lets you know the botnet is hard at work.

both of these are acceptable.

Is it bad to use the latest uTorrent version with this?
schizoduckie.github.io/PimpMyuTorrent/
It basically removes ads. Once I've done that, I configure my settings, remove unneeded tabs/sidebars and it's perfectly fine

I used to use uTorrent, but everybody says it installs a bitcoin miner (even if the people themselves deny it) and adds are annoying anyway.

I tried out qBittorrent but it would always "stall". I could never fix it.

Eventually settled on Deluge for Windows. No ads, no stalls, easy to configure. And I've just always had Transmission on Linux.

The bitcoin miner was in a specific version's setup, and you had to uncheck that IIRC.
I tried to install Deluge but I couldn't wrap my head around the Daemon thing. I was on a rush when I tried it though, I may give it another try

>hey guys, uTorrent has a setting for headless (remote) operation. Just let me turn that on and configure it for you!

I just set up Transmission on my server, and I run it through a user that routes all of its traffic through my VPN, and kills the network for that account if it looses connection to the VPN. I use Transmission Remote GUI to connect to it with my computer. I use it on GNU/Linux but it is available for Windows as well. I have everything download straight into my Emby library, where it can be streamed to any of my computers over my local network. So far it is working great, and torrents will continue even if I shut down my desktop. It also automatically starts itself if the server reboots.

Tixati is bloated and slow and many trackers simply ban it.

Nice meme I guess

What stalling?
No seriously, I've NEVER seen a torrent stall in qBittorrent. Unless you are a retard that:

1. Expects full speed in torrents with 0 seeds
2. Doesn't know how to forward ports

>I don't know what I'm talking about

the post.

>all these mongoloids not embracing the greatness of transmission-qt

Don't listen to a ptg NEET. If it's up-to-date with the latest patches, shows no ads and gives you no malware go ahead and use it. I prefer qBittorrent anyways.

>he thinks those torrents have 0 seeds

I bet you also think Chrome's speed is a meme.
>I've never used anything but Firefox, but I can't say it's slow, so how could anything ever be faster than it? Everyone must just be lying!

If you can't hold an adult conversation, try not to post Sup Forums tier low quality replies, newfag. Get out, last (you)

Despite the way of saying it... he still has a point.

If you've never had experience with any other client you have no reference. It's idiotic for you to say, "I've never had the stalling issue" when that's qBittorrent's normal operation.
It doesn't connect well. When it doesn't connect, it shows STALLED. It gives you no indication that there are actually peers there that another client would connect to, it just shows zero.

It's something you'd only really notice if you've torrented a lot on a good client and made the switch. "Hmm... I seem to be running into a lot more dead and intermittent torrents. My seeding has also gone to shit." qBittorrent does not throw up a flashing sign that says, "I'M NOW DOING THE STALLING THING SO GET ON Sup Forums AND TELL EVERYONE YOU'VE RUN INTO IT TOO!"

@56554023
@56554227
>Butthurt newfag tries samefagging 101

Still no (you)

this is why i've seen no real reason to upgrade from utorrent 1.8. since then, torrent clients have added advertisements or are simply too unreliable and prone to crashing. some offer the ability to watch something while it's still being downloaded, however i've only used it once since my usage case is almost always download and forget. if it's a recent anime, i'm sure i can wait the five minutes it takes to download.

It's really hard to say which is best. It's difficult to benchmark a torrent client. And as long as you don't have very complex torrenting needs there's literally a dozen competent clients.

qtorrent is worthless now that all the torrent sites are down. You cant even connect to anything new anymore.

Are you a dumdum?

transmission needs to be on the bottom of this list after all the recent malware fiascos

Why? Linux had no issues anywhere.

Signed package repo master race

none that we know of YET

mac got BTFO, don't think you're safe ubuntufag, it's not a safe client anymore

is there really a search integrated into the client? that's exactly the sort of boat I'd like to avoid

>FOSS
>fast or good
I know this is a meme graphic.

>Thinks he can't connect to the torrent sites
>"Here's how you can enable search plugin"
>Lol bloat

Brain problem

how get theme

Whatever that uTorrent version is that everyone agreed was the best before the bloat and all that other shit. Seriously there's no need for anything else.

I'm not the retard user complaining about public trackers or whatever. All a client should do is
Anything else and I'm skeptical, why is the search integrated? I this program for retards? People prey on retards. I'm not a retard.

Is*

in before grammar pedantry

>Using private trackers
>Not a special kind of retard

That's just KDE

Vuze
you can't afford ram in 2016?
what are you? superpoor?

>thinks all anons with a differing opinion than him are the same user

I bet you also go around thinking behind every post in agreement lies a unique visitor who just had to stop by to add his weight to your obviously correct POV.

>inb4 "samefag"

qbitorrent

aria2

>still no good torrent client
>can't automatically sort torrents in a robust way
>can't select torrent by regex and then create folder for it with backreference

-_-

qbitorrent is ok tho.

i wish i could make it not look like trash on windows.

how do you get yours to look like this?

kde.org/

Pick my client:
uTorrent 2.2.1 or qBittorrent

BitThief so you dont have to seed

gentoo

uTorrent 2.2.1

Only weakness is that it can't handle very large (1TB+) torrents. I run Vuze parallel with 2.2.1, but only for those very large torrents.

qBittorrent is fine if you're a light user, but the stalling issue is real.

If you're on linux, you have a lot of stable options, but even those same options run like shit on Windows (Deluge, Transmission, etc.)