Poorfag here. Is the Thinkpad E450 good?

Poorfag here. Is the Thinkpad E450 good?

Try looking here

if your that poor you should buy an used one

Sorry I'm on mobile and I can't even apparently

What

What is a good new $400 Laptop that you can buy new?

T420

Doesn't exist unless you're fine with 1366x768

What if I am fine with 1366x768?

then you should consider the rope

I almost bought it last week. I got a thinkpad 13 instead, can't complain about anything.
Both seem to have very good price/feature ratio tho.

The thing is I need a laptop for uni projects but I am too poor to afford xps 13 and already have a PC for heavy load, so I basically need it for programming. I'd get a chink pad but I don't think it's a good idea to buy from pajeet on ebay.

The price difference between the 5005u and 5200u models is about 150$. Everything else being the same, is the upgrade worth it?

look for an used t420 and buy a new battery and an ssd, that should add to just under $400
that will be better than any acer or shit you find new for

I got e430 4 or 5 years ago for pretty much the same reasons and it was a great choice, now I'm getting a PC but still keeping it for carrying around uni and work. Never had a problem with it.

I went with the core i3 one, because i wanted to buy the e450 and the 13 was more expensive anyway, so I chose the cheapest version.
But speed-wise it's completely sufficient, I use it only for office, internet etc. For performance I've got my desktop.
PS. I'm in love with my battery life.

How many hours are you pulling?

Obviously depends on what I'm doing on it. But with wifi on and normal screen brightness 6 hours are achievable I think.

Since you considering a E450 you probably not a thinkpad enthusiast or somebody who like business laptops so any used t/x series would do the job even the "shit" one like the t440.

ASUS X555DA-AS11 is about 400$ right now from Newegg, ebay shows about 3700 sold already, You might want to look into that as its probobly a Special event sale.

as a matter of fact, I would probobly Hurry.

bought top version of E540 last year. sold it and bought old ass X230 week ago. that should really make you think.

then buy locally
there are tons of ads on craigslist/kijiji in most cities

NO. FUCK NO.

My school gave us all these pieces of shit and they were horrible. Do yourself a favor and buy a used business class laptop instead. Thinkpad, Elitebook, Latitude...

E series is the shitstain of the Thinkpad line.

Our school let us buy the tax free.
I didn't take the b8 so I bought an old EliteBook

What problems did you have?

E series is always bad. Also enjoy your hinges falling apart after a year

if you take care of it, it should do fine

don't listen to these faggots and their t420 POS