Just ordered this

just ordered this

what am I in for ?

Poor performance on 99% of games out now

you're gonna make a lot of new jewish friends

An intense sense of regret. For literally the same money you could have had a card that performs up to 25% better.

Fun.

I got mine from Newegg's Ebay outlet for $260 earlier this week. Havent had any issues with it thus far.

locked voltage and shit OC headroom

micro-stutter, horrible power efficiency, AMD drivers

at least you got the card with the best lore

A decent graphics card in general and an exceptional one at 1080p.

Same here, better than the Shapphire in both noise and cooling for the same price

>muh 1060 is better

Fury has a better price/performance than the RX480

But it's more expensive

maybe 50$, but its also faster

I think most people who buy mid range cards dont have the PSU for 300W GPU

Tacky packaging

a medicore 600W PSU should be more than enough. And most ppl buy oversized psus anyway.

Here it's £100 more expensive, I could've gotten a 1070 for that money

Ok than its not worth it, but for example on amazon.com and amazon.de its not more than 50€/$50 as an RX480.

checked this one?

>2-4 weeks dispatch

Also that's just a Fury

A Fury (non X) still has more power than a rx480 and also its MUCH quieter.

That's a shame. Microcenter has brand new Sapphire model Fury's for $300.

Would get the fury over the rx480 all day errday

Is it worth the extra £50? Is the performance that much better?

I can get a Sapphire R9 Fury for the same price as a Sapphire RX 480 (less than 5% price difference last time I checked).

Yes because it's around 20% and quieter.

Furyfriends, care to weigh in?

20% faster*

U dun fucked up

I cancelled my edgy devil card and got an XFX fury for £50 more, this better be worth it Sup Forums

I think I'm going to go with the Fury to replace my 290 but that's pretty close to my PSU's limit (although I read that the Fury isn't particularly overclockable anyway).

>XFX
You fucking idiot.

Yea not really at all. I had a fury when they first came out (since replaced with a 980 ti because of early driver issues, my RAM wouldn't downclock during 2D applications). As far as overclocking is considered, my Fury was able to hit 1050mhz MAX (up from 1000mhz). required quite a bit of voltage to get it there too so I ended up leaving it stock. The RAM on the other hand benefits HEAVILY from even a slight OC. As much as a 11% increase in performance from bumping RAM clock from stock 500mhz to 575mhz (absolute stable max I was able to get). Since HBM is clocked so low, even a "tiny" OC is helpful.

what's wrong with XFX?

XFX is garbage bin tier although their life time warranty is nice. Shame you'll probably be using that warranty in the first 6 months.

Nothing

not that user but XFX was known for mediocre coolers and questionable quality control. I've seen my fair share of r9 290X's that had blown VRMs because XFX cooled cards had ZERO cooling on the voltage regs. Seen RAM modules overheat and die because their coolers were so shit. Maybe they got their game together with the latest gen stuff, but after seeing how many people were burnt in the past, I'll stick with Sapphire. I even had Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ model that was killer.

meant for .

I hope you faggots realize how hypocritical it is to shit on XFX and then go and shill for crap like Gigabyte or ASUS

you won the love of the best waifu

The last time I bought an XFX card I had to register for their forums before they would let me download drivers from their website.

Never bought gigabyte or Asus cards. Sapphire/Powercolor for AMD. EVGA/MSI for Nvidia.

No exceptions and in that order of one over another. Only consider the 2nd if the first is out of stock with no date of next shipment.

that's inexcusable but may I ask what were you doing on their website in the first place?

why didn't you jsut download geforce experience / catalyst

You should have kept the devil. They hold value better.

>downloading drivers from the manufacturer site

Nigga you what? Why would you download drivers from XFX? Why not just go to AMD site? Next you'll tell me you actually used the driver disc that came in the box.

Lol @ you for not downloading the driver direct from nvidia or AMD.

pre-Maxwell MSI is pretty bad too

no he shouldn't

fury > RX 480 by far

Holy fuck intel shills on maximum overmeme

Disappointment.

And this is coming from an #AMDmissile.

My dude.

Bought this for the VR meme.

not at all. MSI twin-frozr and lightning models were some of the top performing models on the market at the time. I remember having an MSI lightning gtx 580 for a little while. Overclocked like a hellspawned bastard and kept right on going.

If you're referring to quality control or defective models from the factory, then I can't speak for that. That shit happens from all companies but XFX not only has shit Quality control half the time, the cards that aren't broken still underperform in pretty much every aspect compared to the similarly priced competition. (OC headroom, cooling potential, noise)

I'm building my first PC and i'm looking around for parts. I found a pair of EVGA GTX 960 4GB that comes with a SLI bridge for $200. Should I throw this in until I can afford a nice modern card? I am only interested in gaming at 1080p, but I would like 60FPS as well. Would they cut it?

>why didn't you jsut download geforce experience / catalyst

They didn't exist back then.

I downloaded the drivers from AMD instead of jumping through the hoops but still.

Should've got the 390x, which is being sold at a very decent price right now and has much more mature drivers and better support. The only thing the 480 has going for it is the power effeciency.

There's a version of the XFX RX 480 sold exclusively at Best Buy that has removable/upgradable fans.

What the fuck?

Work on those smoothing groups, m8. Especially on the stock, looks like it's made of playdough.

Hard surface modelling requires good smoothing groups.

looks pretty gimmicky desu

I bet Amada stutters like an autist

looks even more flimsy than those 'genuine replacement parts' fans

>THOSE DIGITS

Edge

666% less heat dissipation.

WITNESSED

poorfag status and pathetic non-GloriusNvidiaGamingExperience performance.

the fuck is this fedora tipping shit

no
its amd
/thread

2-3 weeks of wow perfect performance and then... nothing... Just another toy.

>buying a product obnoxiously stamped by jews
Can they be any more obvious?

>powercolor
dead on arrival

kek same

bought x2 HD 4790s

both dead so they send me 2 more and 1 was DOA kek

ended up getting a GTX280 I think.

The XFX cooler bodies for the RX 4xxs are pretty decent actually. The problem is that they could have spent time and money fitting bigger, better fans than gimmicky removeable fans, though I can see how removeable fans would be useful.

You can clean it without having to screw out everything.

>bigger fans

It's already cool enough, I think only MSI's one beats it. There's no need to fit bigger fans.

(((N/v/idia))) merchant leave

any 500W+ GPU worth its salt should be able to cope with a GPU that uses 300W

half a GTX 1080

*Averaged out from stuttery as fuck framerates

this guy isn't wrong. R9 furys have been going for around the 250 to 270 price point as of late.

Nvidia is used for deep learning. AYMMD is used for gayms and buttcoins. It's ayyymdfags that must gtfo to

>Nvidia is used for deep learning.

And every gaymer kid and Sup Forums autist EVER.

Anyone remember last year when AMD cards were actually better than the nVidia at the same price point.

Don't get me wrong, i own an AMD R9 280x and i am a fan of the underdog and all that. But when i bought mine it was at the same price point as a 960 and it blew it out of the park. Not that much of a fanboy though to keep to AMD and keep shilling it when at the same price point you can get a quieter, cooler, more power efficient, and, above all else, better performance nvidia card.

>red devil
>devil
>has star of david engraved on it
What the fuck

this is gaming videocard

Prepare your anus for Satan.
Or really if this was 2010 then maybe you can finally summon AMD drivers.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Hey, gamers. How is rx 470 nitro for old titles like heavily modded new vegas on 1440p? pls respong

the star of david is the symbol of the devil

succubi

Kind of like every nvidia card one year after release?

well, AMD drivers are still horseshit compared to nvidia, and I say this as an R9 owner and previous HD7950 owner.

never had issues with amd drivers

even with the shit that killed the fans that one time

pebcak

this is so typical of AMD fanboys, they always blame the end user, even if the fault lies in the product or drivers.

>AMD

Some devilish fucking shitty performances.

work on you're mum m8

>what am I in for ?
Further delay of your maturation.

Borrowing thread. How about this? On 1080p you'd think 4gb and this card over all is an on purchase.

Free as in freedom drivers on GNU+Linux, provided by AMD themselves.

Nvidia however does not respect your freedom in any way whatsoever.

this little bitch is sitting on some bomb ass Aeron though.

No they fucking haven't. Show a single one anywhere.