Help. please

hey, i got an old IBM thinkpad 600x. My neighbor gave it to me. I need to know how to get into it but keep the contents. in other words how do i figure out the password?

Other urls found in this thread:

ophcrack.sourceforge.net/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Use a Hirens Boot disc (google it) and use the offline password changer

crack it which is easy to do if you use the google and the password is weak

Give it back

Maybe ophcrack.sourceforge.net/?

GIVE

JAMAL I SWEAR

>in other words how do i figure out the password?
At first you place the laptop upside down, so it would be easier to read system messages.

Ubuntu live cd, open files, done

Used this to get into my uncles laptop he gave me, found tons of his ex wife's nudes

go into safe mode and open the command line.
enter this
net user username password /ADD
and then reboot
you should have a user acct. Woeked on a G40 i got with XP on it and it seems that its dont on 2k the same way.

Don't you need to login before you can access the comand prompt

boot xp off a live-cd and either delete the password file or install a new user, or force your UID = 000

something fun like that

Yes, I just did it on my G40 w XP and it showed the standard account chooser, but i clicked Administrator and it let me in. Make sure to choose safe mode with command prompt too.

have you tried just pressing enter?

>have you tried just pressing enter?
That only works if you're not on a domain.

Was that XP Home edition?

Because the Administrator account is hidden on Home. Safe Mode will expose it, where you'll find it has no password set.

2000 and XP Pro don't do this.

What clues do you have that OP is?

Did you tried :
Admin / admin / administrator ... ?

>IBM thinkpad 600x
>ThinkPad 600X - The final model of the 600 series, featuring a Pentium III at either 450 MHz, 500 MHz, or 650 MHz (with SpeedStep technology) and a 13.3" XGA TFT display as standard. This model shipped with a 6GB or 12GB hard drive, a Mini-PCI Modem, either a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and 64MB of RAM on the motherboard (upgradeable to 576MB using PC100 SODIMMs).

Your router is probably faster than this, trash it.
Or learn how to use ntpasswd.

Literally just access the disk from some other OS. You can simply stick a looncucks live cd in and access everything on the disk.

give it back jamal

+1
Hirens is OP

turn image 360 degree and walk away

Tyrone, you know what the right thing to do is...

get out of australia and maybe we'll help

Ask your neighbor for the password.