2020 is almost here

What'll you do when 2020 arrives?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/527v3x/why_did_windows_10_stop_my_work_to_install_update/
stallman.org/intel.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not using superior 8.1

Dunno, jack off I guess. Maybe watch a movie or something.

Continue to use Windows 10.

Start contributing donations to Mint and get developers working harder.

enjoy my coffee

Same thing I do now just more futurey

Enjoy your botnet

dont give a fuck
i used win xp sp2 without an issue until 2013
you read that right fucker sp2

and the only thing that pushed me over to 7 was a game that needed dx11
so until my hardware dies and i can't find any skylake or older cpu's i'll stay on 7

Keep using it, but in a VM. Maybe Autodesk will port its software to Linux? Right?

Switch to GNU/Linux.

I switch back and forth every few months already.

>tfw there's going to be threads like this on december 31, 2019
a-am i taking a look into the future?

based user

Buy a new computer and install GNU/Linux.

Only reason I'm on 7 is because my eGPU setup didn't work on GNU/Linux.

Continue using GNU/Linux

Still be waiting for Zen.

finally make the jump to linux i guess, or just stay on w7

This is a real man.

Pajeets will never EVER be this alpha.

What happens in 2020?

>implying i will be alive by 2020

Mint should drop the "distro" and focus on cinnamon.

Actually pay for softwares

This

Windows 7's official support dies.

Windows 11 turns out to be pretty good.

was meant for

This. I'll continue to run w7 in a vm for gaymes.

Become a superpower and using Windows 10.

The same telemetry features were rolled out to win7 users too you flaming cuck

>vm
>gaymen

There were three telemetry functions added to Windows 7 via the Windows Update system.
- Additional (I know of two set of this) telemetry points that use the existing Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) functionality.
- Code that allows programs built with Visual Studio's telemetry system to work.
- A diagnostics scanner that checks to see if your hardware and software are compatible with Windows 10.

All of these updates can be uninstalled. The first one can be neutered by turning off CEIP. Windows 10 has more than doubled down on these types of botnet activities, which cannot be fully shut off. At least for now, Windows 7 is semi-safe.

but wheat if by 2020 games only support dx12+?

>Using Windows
>2016
>shills

>No flying cars
>No Fusion
>No space elevators
>No electric cars en mase
>No renwables en mase
>CPUs still can't break 4.5 Ghz
>Still no true virtual reality just gimmicks
>No moon colony
>No mars base
>No venus cloud city
>my city still powerd by coal like it's 1920
>no world peace
>no world war
>oil still hasn't run out
>china still not a super power
>artificial limbs still not here
>no true AI
>no time travel
>no 3d printing
>warping space still impossible in practice

Things that came true

>video phones
>miniature video phones

YES

Switch to GNU/Linux

>4.5 Ghz
FX 9590 YOU FUCKING RAGING FAGGOT FUCK CUNT.!!!

>CPUs still can't break 4.5 Ghz
u wot m8

>>CPUs still can't break 4.5 Ghz
you mean 7.5?

>Mint should drop the "distro" and focus on cinnamon.

yeah ok cucklord

Microsoft discontinues support for Windows 7.

Continue using it and then switch to Linux

Accidentally write/type 2019 instead of 2020 whenever dating something for the first few months, other than that I'm assuming I'll just carry on the same way I did in 2019.

>tfw we're going to have this thread multiple times a day for years

Just fuck off you W10 cucks. W7 will have updates until 2020 and W8.1 until 2023. So far W10 does not have any killer features unless perhaps if you are an AMD user. So there is very little reason to update if you don't want to.

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/527v3x/why_did_windows_10_stop_my_work_to_install_update/

And the guy was running enterprise edition. Enjoy your "modern" system.

Stay in my basement

like I always do

by 2020 your mom will be completely used up so i'll stop doing her and do your sister instead.

This, you are the hero that Sup Forums needs

I'll keep using GNU

>arguing over which OS will fuck you less
You look like a couple of theists arguing over whose religion is true. Obviously running GNU/Linux (or any 100% FOSS OS) is THE ONLY way to completely avoid malware/spyware/botnet.

If you drones need your precious exclusive software so bad, then at least run it in a virtual machine where it can be somewhat contained.

Install gentoo

What do you mean almost ? It's still more than 3 years away.
If you think years go by fast then i'm sorry for you because you're wasting your life.
Try being productive 90% of your waking hours for a week and then rethink your life user.
btw i'm not going to die before 2020

Keep using gnu/linux

Doesn't matter. Botnet is at hardware level now.

stop encouraging normies to switch

Do it now and take ownership of your machine from those microfucksticks.

All we need is a few more progressivly worsr Windows versions and the nations will accept the GNU world order by 2020

>Windows 95
>botnet

>Debian
>Systemd
>No Botnet
TOP KEK

>Microsoft drops support for windows 7

So what?

No really, so fucking what?

As long as you aren't a fucking clod you wouldn't get viruses anyway, and the "security updates" they announce every couple of months are never essential.

Check it, back in 2010 I brought a dell laptop running windows 7. I never updated it from its factory version, and guess what? It's perfectly fine. I've downloaded shit from reputable https sites to dingy .ru sites, and to this day I shitpost on.

This
stallman.org/intel.html

>muh botnet
As of yet, there's been no evidence of systemd doing shit akin to a botnet
so you can shut the fuck up and fuck off
systemd is the fastest init system

There's no evidence but there is high suspicion, and systemd is nowhere near as fast as OpenRC because its so bloated.

Unless evidence surfaces (like win10 and chrome) I 'll just continue to dismiss claims like yours

not go to tokyo for olympics

Well since I don't really install any updates now, the fact that support "runs out" in 2020 would be irrelevant I suppose, the OS will continue working just fine for a number of years without issues. It's not like I'm currently updating every fucking piece of software to the latest available versions - what I have works and I haven't updated any of the programs for some time now since everything is rock solid stable on this Windows 7 Pro install.

Windows 8/8.1 are dogshit and Windows 10 is that dogshit thrown in a blender set for Ludicrous speed so no thanks folks.

Windows 7 is good for nearly another decade. If not, there's always macOS nowadays which runs just as well on the native hardware of my laptop (pure Intel hardware - I'd replace the Wi-Fi card with a Broadcom or something for macOS compatibility).

But Linux? Never.

Get my vision checked, probably need glasses by then

Keep using 7 happily. What else? And nearly? There's a lot of time till 2020. Probably Sup Forums won't even exist or maybe sold to the Russians. WHich would be better than its current state anyway.

It doesn't matter. You can still use it. People are still using XP.

April 2014 hit for me, too. Hasn't stopped me from using XP, though.

I'm not using the POS updates, either.

many of ppl like gameing , I guess

>2020 is almost here
No it isn't, shut your filthy mouth.

Already switching to ubuntu MATE

sudo apt update

as vista was between xp and 7 so is 8.1 between 7 and 10, just a hybrid OS to make the pass from one to another.

Using mint on all of my computers,never looked back

>
>Enjoy your botnet

On a grand scale Microsoft and Google are pretty horrifying, but can you give me a single way the botnet hurts me personally?

Between paying money or watching ads, something that will never affect me seems like a win win.

Spoken like a true cuck, enjoy your botnet

tpbp

take a shotgun mouthwash

ITT: niggers that don't know how to block telemetry

We've had 3d printing for 5 years now

>No flying cars
Airplanes. Is everyone who wants these things not the dumbest motherfucker on Earth, or what?

Longer.

Stay with Linux Mint and using any Windows I like in a VM

Same here, but sp3 with updates disabled. Only installed 7 for some game requring dx10

I still have it as boot on another HD attached to my main pc. Some old games play much better on it like bf1942

>he has malware and doesn't know it
>laughingblacks.tiff

You can't eliminate all the privacy problems with windows 10 and so doing anything like that is pointless

It OK user.

I don't like it when my computer can run software either.

install gentoo
[spoiler] not even joking [/spoiler]

>Doesn't matter. Botnet is at hardware level now.
LibreBoot here. I'm just fine :3

Why are you on a significantly less secure OS to windows 7 that has no benefit in terms of privacy, technical capabilities or anything

Pay tribute to my indian overlords

I use windows 10 on my gayming computer, it only have steam and my games installed, for my shit posting I set up a dual boot with arch.

:^)

Crappy computer. That's really it.

>no /w7g/

How is this menu called? And how can I change it? Can't find something proper in Google.

vista is literally nothing like xp, 7 is the same as vista though

8 on other hand combines the best of vista but without the shit
keep on using os x mavericks

Goto japan watch anime olympics

Found it. "Windows 7 Navigation Pane Customizer" helped a lot.