Hear that linux os's are generally lighter

>hear that linux os's are generally lighter
>my laptop's fan gets loud sometimes on windows 10 so why not change to linux? I only stream vids and write some documents
>download ubuntu
>dualboot it
>start it
>laptop fan goes crazy, everything is painfully slow
>fuck this, delete it
>a few months later I get memed again by the 'beautiful' elementary OS
>install it
>same shit happens
>fuck it, install windows 10 and everything is blazing fast

This was on an i5 sony laptop from 2014 which is still pretty ok.

Also I tested it on my desktop and linux stuff just runs slow on it.

Do you nerds like to meme people?

install Debian you stupid faggot, it runs fine on my machine, fans are running much fucking cooler than before, maybe you are just an autistic faggot with shitty hardware, go complain somewhere else

>shitty hardware
>runs windows 10 the 'bloated piece of shit' OS perfectly

>it runs fine on my machine

Dude you're making no sense

it runs fine on my machine, thanks for restarting what i already said
Windows 10 is garbage

>download ubuntu
found your problem.
>elementary OS
ubuntu fork made by retards who think design is the only important side of an OS.

Why was my fan going crazy?
Ubuntu is surely lighter than windows right?

Well then try something different than Ubuntu. ElementaryOS is just based in Ubuntu. Download Manjaro XFCE or KDE.

yeah what a retarded saying, your one experience proves nothing

sounds like SONY lacks freeware drivers, get to it neets

try Xubuntu Lubuntu or Ubuntu Mate.
Unity(the "oficial" DE) is hard on resorces.

Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU? It might be that your laptop defaults to your dedicated GPU to render everything and not to your integrates graphics. If you install bumblebee you can get the same functionality as NVidia Optimus (smart switching between dedi and integrated GPU). I'm not a supporter of Linux though, I run Windows on my XPS 15. It's just that I think this might be your problem.

>be me
>on a HP i3-350 laptop
>install antegros arch loonix
>learn about it since i know jack shit
>programs i use just refuse to open up
>everything slow as shit
>reinstall windows 7
>all fine with decent speeds

Things that never happened: the post

i got proofs, but it'll have to wait until i get home from work.

Ubuntu is the most bloated of all distros.

For a noob try Debian.

If you're more proficient try Arch.

>fans are running much fucking cooler than before
>meaning that the heat is somewhere else
>meaning that fans aren't cooling stuff as much as in Windows

>He thinks the assembler makes the hardware
Why are you here, Sup Forums?

Yeah it has an amd mobile gpu.
Is there no way to counter this shit

Windows may not have as many noisy fans, but it has a large number of annoying and persistent shills.

>install windows
>never get dubs
>install linux
>always get dubs

your digits prove that youre using windows.

>using any Gnome 3 based DE
Fucking retard.
And don't use KDE either.

Works for me™©®

Yes, but it's desktop environment (unity) requires a lot more resources than your average linux DE. You should have used Ubuntu mate to begin with.

no, i was on iphone.
now im on linux.

>falling for lunix meme

Most likely a missing driver or two. Did this laptop feature a discrete GPU?

>now im on windows
ftfy

>hear that linux os's are generally lighter
>install ubuntu, one of the most bloated distros out there
>it's slow
>install elementaryOS, which is ubuntu based
>same shit happens
no shit

Xubuntu runs flawlessly on a laptop I have that's 8+ years old. All you Pajeets are full of shit and haven't touched Linux in your stinky smelly life.

You need to run it against a Windows version with no driver support for your laptop. Try vista.

All the people I knew that died used windows.
All the linux users I know are still alive.

There is no top/htop just shitposting. Gud job pajeet.

Well, that can be a reason.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

c

now im on my linux machine

*windows machine

Arch, Debian or even Ubuntu run perfectly smooth on a Thinkpad X220, a laptop from 2011.
Maybe you should consider to buy a real laptop, user.

install gentoo

>hear that Windows are generally better
>my laptop's fan gets loud sometimes on Linux so why not change to Windows? I only stream vids and write some documents
>buy Windows 7 and upgrade to 1o
>start it
>laptop fan goes crazy, everything is painfully slow
>fuck this, delete it
>a few months later I get memed again by the 'beautiful' Anniversary Update
>install it
>same shit happens
>fuck it, install Linux and everything is blazing fast

This was on an i5 sony laptop from 2014 which is still pretty ok.

Also I tested it on my desktop and Windows stuff just runs slow on it.

Do you nerds like to meme people?

XD

Maybe you should by a laptop with good Linux support if you plan to run Linux on it
fucking nigger

I also noticed that my laptop got hotter when I ran Linux on it. Everything ran smoothly though. Turns out it was using the Nvidia GPU and it was ignoring the integrated Intel one. I found the right drivers which allowed me to switch between them whenever I wished and solved the problem

>Fan gets lout
>Reinstalls OS

How fucking dumb are you?

I've already cleaned it up, replaced the fan and the cooling paste you mong

>learn about it since I know jack shit

I doubt this part. Really highly. If you were trying to learn something, you wouldn't just stop when it got difficult. You didn't learn. You skimmed and got frustrated when it didn't "just work".

I'm willing to bet you know next to nothing about linux, and just about zero when it comes to OS design or function.

If you REALLY want to learn, get back on there and don't quit because it gets hard.

BRB, gotta download more thermal paste so that Windows can handle my fans better.