Privacy

So i've got firefox, installed a whole bunch of privacy addons on it.
And it's absolute dogshit
Barely runs flash, slow as hell, freezes every 5 minutes, private mode is buggy as fuck

I've also started using a VPN and it costed me some performance.

I don't know if i should bother with privacy anymore if it costs me so much performance

please convince me to keep my privacy Sup Forums
also recommend me a non-shit browser

Other urls found in this thread:

panopticlick.eff.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you dont need "privacy" 24/7

just get adblock, disconnect, https everywhere and thats it.

use vpn for torrents or shady sites

b-but muh NSA botnet

I never understood these "Firefox pissed in my cereal, killed my dog and raped my mom threads". I've installed it on every computer I've owned since around 2008 except my home server. On Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 as well as elementaryOS and Fedora. I genuinely can't remember the last time it crashed, I think around 2014? Not sure. Absolutely zero slowdowns, even with +30 tabs open. If there ever was a "just werks" program for me, it's this.

>So i've got firefox, installed a whole bunch of privacy addons on it.
>Barely runs flash
So what was the point of installing all those privacy addons if you're just going to drop an insecure, proprietary blob on Firefox?

And don't use Windows 10.

uBlock Origin, Https everywhere, and Privacy badger is all you need.

Another anti-FF shill thread.

Report and hide.

how is flash unsecure? please elaborate

Icecat runs better and it comes with addons by default

This

>Barely runs flash
lol

Why are these threads allowed on Sup Forums?

>how is flash unsecure?

It gives a website using flash enough information about your computer to identify you. Even without your IP address, cookies, or JS.

panopticlick.eff.org/

is this good?

>Why are these threads allowed on Sup Forums?

Would you prefer "here's you controller bro" threads? Or the constant tech support and consumer advice threads? Or maybe /ptg/, /wt/, /csg/, or the dozen other generals that don't belong here?

Sup Forums is shit, user. Enjoy it. Wallow in it. Let the filth overwhelm you until there is nothing but "is X a meme?", "I fell for X meme." and "COMPANY ON SUICIDE WATCH!" remaining.

So what's the alternative?

forgot to attach

>So what's the alternative?

Either don't install flash, or set the browser such that it asks permission to load flash on a web page that asks for it. In my experience most of the time it's being loaded for ads, so it doesn't matter.

The only way to protect against what they're calling fingerprinting is to have a completely generic, popular, updated browser. There should be another part of the analysis that lists what specific types of information your browser is leaking.

this

This. It works blazing fast on my PC and it's not even that powerful. I don't understand how people (kids) here manage to destroy the browser and make it run like shit on their $2000 gayming computers.
>recommend me a non-shit browser
Firefox
>So what's the alternative?
It's already replaced by html5. Even if some sites use flash all browsers come with the ability to emulate it even if you don't have Flash installed.

My firefox is fine

WORKS ON MY MACHINE

I run a bunch of privacy stuff too. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out how to disable is pressing Ctrl+Z in the address bar. All these sites I've been to popup yet I have history disabled.

anyone have an answer?

My Firefox has been fucked up for a long time. It has major issues with flash, Facebook makes it crash if I load too many things and even youtube fucks with it. Everything is up to date and several of my friends have the same issue

>Barely runs flash
Really insecure.

>Slow
You are using a VPN

>Freezes
>Crashes every 5 minutes
Are you using windows?

all these people worried about security issuses and shit.

tfw im under Incognito mode and no one can see me.