Has anyone noticed ublock origin slipping?

has anyone noticed ublock origin slipping?

some sites showing "hey! you're using a ablocker! I totally understand but.." bullshit and similar?

I'm thinking of doing some research to make it block those too.

Other urls found in this thread:

exabytetv.info/blog/listas/
adblockingdetector.johnmorris.me/
allmusic.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

update your lists faggot

why do you even bother posting?

You want to enable Reek's Anti-Adblock Killer - that's both a blocklist (for your adblocker, i.e. uBlock Origin) AND a userscript which you'll need GreaseMonkey or TamperMonkey to use.

That's generally pretty damn effective.

>Reek's Anti-Adblock Killer
ill look into that. thank you

>u block origin
>dash board
>3rd party filters
>ads
>enable anti-adblock killer

Could someone post a site where they have the ad blocker detection script just to test?

i think forbes might have it.

www.mypapercraft.net/

>Not using noscript

Enjoy your computer aids.

I have literally just updated the ublock lists

exabytetv.info/blog/listas/

Updating the lists doesn't mean shit if you don't activate the adblocker blockers list.

>suggesting noscript over ublock origin

why are you even here? you clearly have no idea what youre talking about.

did you mean umatrix?

no, i mean ublock.

umatrix is definitely a much better choice down the continuum of security, but it blows my mind how many people think ublock origin is an ad blocker. its a fucking script blocker/security tool.

umatrix just gives way more granular control with some additional features.

I've noticed it, too, op. On both Firefox and Chromium. I also have Anti-Adblock Killer along with the script, all fully up to date.

for example, gives me the error even though I have adblocker blocker.

i use ublock+umatrix+https everywhere

anything else i should use?

its that the websites themselves have introduced new code to detect if 3rd party content is being blocked. as a security baseline, this is what a lot of script/ad blockers do.

websites are getting more aggressive about it and the tools arent necessarily set up in such a way that they are looking for escalating arms-race style blocking-blocking-blocking.

like others have suggested, an additional tool with ONLY that feature might be worth a look, assuming the tool were trustworthy, it having a narrow focus means it could probably keep up.

>use ABP
>haven't seen a single ad or 'turn of ur adblock' in 9001 years
come at me

thats cause they dont bother showing the ads, abp just sends your cookies to their preferred partners direct.

in the forseeable future ublock+greasemonkey userscripts should be enough.

I haven't seen any of that. Guess you're just retarded, user.

uBlock user here, haven'T seen any either, but that's because i haven'T visited a big news site for a while. Not many sites employ them, just some popular ones.

The way anti-adblock works is very easy. The site is unusable by default (pls disable adblocker). Then a script that is disguised as ad (e.g. advertising.js) gets loaded to unblock the site. A lot of adblockers will block that script that removes the adblock notice. That is why I have only enabled filters that block servers (ad, tracking, malware, ...), none that go by keywords.

I think the problem I had was my lists, because your selections work just fine with AAB on known websites that complain about adblockers.

Disable scripts. Its just a blog not sure why you need to have them enablaled. uBlock should allow you to disable scripts local and global.

A downside [to my list selection] is that you will see self-hosted ads on smaller sites. But I'll either block them easily with the element picker, or just let them be if they don't bother me.
And honestly, that rarely happens since most sites use 3rd party ads.

>www.mypapercraft.net/
It's johnmorris.me

>pirate bay....

get the nsa out of here faggot

adblockingdetector.johnmorris.me/

i just do this

>I see you're using AdBlock!
>Hey so do we!
>>le hehehe we're so cool and hip and we totally get you XD
>(((but)))
>i want to tell you what you should see in your browser running off your OS which is running on your computer which you bought with your own money, and use your bandwidth that you also spent money on to show shit that you don't want to fucking see so that we can get a couple of cents or so off you

Lynch all fucking adblock-blockers and adblock naggers.

You first ;^)

>detect if 3rd party content is being blocked
What if adblockers implement a fake http server or just generate a fake response to those requests? It could solve the issue of scripts that try to connect to random ad hosts to see if you're blocking them.

Looks like you're missing some underscores, no?

I take that back. It looks like gorhill is missing some underscores.

blocking first party scripts is enough

How do you activate it?

allmusic.com/

can anyone get this piece of shit to work?

What?

It works fine for me, but i have cookies globally disabled. maybe it has something to do with this

>[to my list selection]
that's a general issue with how adblocking currently works.

it's an example that's commented out so it doesn't matter.

disable 3rdparty scripts in ublock

canvasblocker
decentraleyes
no resource uri leak
privacy badger
random agent spoofer
self destructing cookies

>but it blows my mind how many people think ublock origin is an ad blocker. its a fucking script blocker/security tool.

It blows your mind that a browser extension which was constantly shilled on Sup Forums as an alternative to ABP is confused for an Ad blocker?

git gud faget

>an additional tool with ONLY that feature might be worth a look

You do realise that scripts exist to do just that and can be incorprated into ublock