/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/electronic-2015-brand-3-5mm-Original-Genuine-TAKSTAR-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-Music-Headset-studio/32279127183.html
amazon.com/Koss-T55959-UR-20-Home-Headphones/dp/B00005N9D3/
amazon.com/dp/B00006JILE/ref=psdc_12097479011_t3_B000JC7GEC
monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12009&cs_id=1082302&p_id=16050&seq=1&format=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're 10 posts early...
But at least you didn't include shit in the op so I'm happy enough.

>tfw no bullshit in OP

Finally

.Which one Sup Forums? I'm getting the m40x's. Also sauce on pic op pls.

Holy fuck you are ten posts early this time. Are you really that mad? There should never be a point where the old thread is higher in the catalog than the new thread.

Oh, and you forgot some of the OP.
>Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
>Wireless is frowned upon.
>Headset requests are frowned upon.
>Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
>If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"
FTFY

Fuck off Jakkasu.

You're the one who sounds mad...

Both are V-shaped in sound signature, the M40X less so with its flatter sound signature. I prefer the M40X but dunno if it will be the same for you.

There's a tool to get the image source on Sup Forums. Use it.

>Budget
50-200
>Location
Hawaii
>Source
New PC
>Kind of headphone?
Any
Closed
>Comfort level
Good at the least
>Preferred tonal balance
Any
>Past headphones
G430 headset im using right now.

It's either the
Sony MDR-RF985RK Wireless Stereo RF Cordless
with a clip on mic
or the
G933s. I absolutely need wireless i'm so tired of my wires getting tangled on my chair wheels.

I'd say go for the Logitech, looks more comfortable, has better earpads which will last longer and you get the microphone functionality.

Are gaymen headsets a meme? The G430s have been satisfactory for me until one of the cups broke off and i had to duct tape it back on.

Yes, they are a meme.

Maybe you can read some reviews or watch some videos of the G933 to have an idea of the build quality.

Those are pretty much the reasons why I am going for the m40xs, but mainly cheaper price as well. I'll check out that tool.

>Are gaymen headsets a meme?
Yes. You get charged extra for cheaply built headphones to have a cheaply built microphone attached. There are some rare occassions where you get decently built headphones rebadged to attach cheap mics and charge a redonkulous "gamer tax."

The better choice is always to get a good set of headphones and mic mod it.

They seem to be of good quality but are around 190USD so that is generally kind of expensive. The G633 is wired and is a hundred dollars less so I seem to be paying mostly for the wireless which is retarded.

ZMF Omni

That's exactly why he did it, and you know it.

Thanks.

Wow, what a samefag.
Kys

Bluedio n2 came in. Nice sound for something so cheap, a little bassy though.

Nothing I couldn't fix with an eq.

Battery life and range are both better than the manufacturer stated, holy shit bluetooth is almost 25m, and battery lasts ~8 hours.

Great for my morning jogs, only charge it every 3 days.

Do recommend.

Any other IEMs to compare them to?

Vmoda remotes.

Not as good as them, but disappointingly close for the price difference.

I think I'll just stick to chink shit from now on, when my remotes finally dies I'll get rock zircons or xiaomi pistons or whatever. Seems to be much better value and an eq should put it very close to the remotes.

Don't get me wrong btw, I still use my remotes when the wire isn't a hassle, but when my phone is charging or when I'm jogging, I'll use the Bluedio n2s and the sound is very satisfactory at that price.

Using v4a only helps.

Get the Piston 3.

Cheers mate, but I'll be holding out until my remotes finally break. Really solid earphones.

By then there might be piston 4 out.

Why no Slants?

hi /hpg/,

i just wanted to stop by and thank you for a few counts of good advice these past years. as an established poorfag, i have taken great enjoyment from super cheap options recommended here.
>AKG K326
>Etymotic MK-5
>Audio Technika ATH-M20x
>Beyerdynamic DTX 350m

Never spent more than €50 on an item, and while I would hardly claim to have audiophile ears, I have & continue to take very great pleasure in listening to these.

Thanks /hpg/, you never steered this destitutanon wrong yet.

I have a pair of decent headphones, but I have nothing to listen to with them. Any kind anons to point me in the right direction?

All the Muse albums in the world probably isn't enough to keep me going back to weeb shit.

>Budget
100-120 euros
>Location
Germany
>Source
PC,PS4
>Preferred type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
8-9 comfort, 4-5 hours consecutive use
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral
>Past headphones
some shity headphones.

You mean an mp3 player?

Check out the ruizu x02 from csg.

>Leaving out "If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"
Yep, shitposter.

>Budget
50-100$
>Location
US
>Source
PC&mobile
IEM
>Comfort level
Wearable for a few hours without discomfort
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
ATH-IM50

Are Audio Technica's new IEMs good?

>Budget
40$ max
>Location
germany
>Source
phone
IEM
>Preferred tonal balance
bassy
>Past headphones
bought pic related about a year ago and liked them, now the cable broke
are there better alternatives by now?
should i just get pistons 4?

Hey all,

So, I'm a bit curious if anyone has ever used the Sony Pulse Elite wireless headphones before.

I'm wondering if anyone's used them before because I'd like to get more people's opinions on them. I've owned a pair for about a good year now and I'm liking them, but I don't really have a point of reference for what to compare them to for the sake of quality. I've only ever used the VR-6's before and I absolutely loved those.

Opinions?

moxpad x6's are great alternatives to those if you don't mind the shape

hd650

yes or no? paired with schiit modi2/magni2

Lads
Fostex t50rp mk2 modded or grado sr325i? I can get either one of them for about 125 dollaroos.
Gonna be driving them with a fiio a3.

HD 599 review when?

ATH m40x

Ew kill yourself.

Can amyone give me some good music recs?

goreshit

I have these
sounded a little tinny, but I eq'd them and they sounded great for the price
i tuck them up into my beanie so i can listen to music at work without getting flak
lasts all day

and get the hybrids, not the zircons/pistons
theyre best xiaomi atm
tho the capsule air or whatever is pretty good too

The best headphones under $500 that are "fun" / v-shaped / u-shaped?

just check out Sup Forums and look for generals you like
also dive into youtube and soundcloud and let playlists guide you
always fun to find new music that way

As far as cheap Chinese ones go, how are the Superlux HD681B?

Are there any better in the $20ish range?

honestly at that range youre better off with IEMs
theyre better at everything other than soundstage and imaging

the HD681B is quite bright, and has fucking horrible pads [like ear aids tier shit, worse than M?0X's]
the 668B has these issues too

if you can make the jump to around 40 USD you can get actually decent shit

aliexpress.com/item/electronic-2015-brand-3-5mm-Original-Genuine-TAKSTAR-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-Music-Headset-studio/32279127183.html

there are a few other options but desu that is your best bet unless you want to go higher or must have closed
the 681b is open anyway

I'd rather not spend over 30 since I'm a real poorfag. To be honest sound quality is not THAT important to me. Just decent enough for the price.

I had a pair of Takstar 2050's I got for 23 bucks which I loved(most comfortable headphones I've ever worn). but the cables were really giving me issues and it broke a few hours ago. That's why I started looking at the Superlux one. It would be nice to have a detachable cable

the sound isnt the worst about the cheap superlux tho
its the comfort
the pads with high clamp force is legitimate suicide
you'd need another 15 for decent pads anyway

just get xiaomi hybrids
theyre like 20-21 on gearbest and aliexpress
or ask /csg/ for the most durable IEM you can get if you /really/ aren't bothered about sound quality that much

i snagged a pair of takstar pro 80's for 32 USD a couple weeks ago, but sadly theyre like tripple the price once again, otherwise you'd probably be pretty good with them at that pricehonestly your best bet is to just look for sales, or just go with IEMs

also, repair the cable if you can
where did the cable break?

What's the best amp under $100?

Pic related?

Can't stand IEM's. My ears are really sensitive so even the smallest of the smallest of IEM's feel like shoving a piece of sand paper in my ear canals.

And I wouldn't want to use one in front of my computer for hours on end.

>i snagged a pair of takstar pro 80's for 32 USD a couple weeks ago, but sadly theyre like tripple the price once again
Shame. I will keep my eye out though.
>also, repair the cable if you can
I have, three times. But this time I'm not sure it was even a cable. One of the cups(different one from the one that usually fucked up) just stopped working, seemingly at random, tried pretty much everything I could think of to fix it, but nope.

What's the best pair of lightning headphones currently /hpg/? Or any pair coming in the foreseeable future that looks good.

What's wrong with the Koss Porta Pro?

I haven't had much success with on ear headphones(my latest pair were so uncomfortable I couldn't even wear them even) so I never really though of them as a candidate.

I lurked Sup Forums for a bit and it looks like all they do is post nigger rap and dubstep screeching noises.

I own a pair that use for hiking because their cheap, sound like a pair twice the price and are well built. The clamp on them isn't tight, I don't even notice that I'm wearing them. If you want to go cheaper there's the Sporta Pro which are the same drivers in a different housing.

Would you wear them for pretty much an entire day of desktop use though?

Because that is the only use I need. Portability is irrelevant to me. I mostly juts want comfort and build quality(for the price I mean).

I've worn cheap 20 buck headsets from random electronic stores most my life so I'm not exactly an audiophile.

Yes, I would would wear them for that length of time. I find them to be perfectly comfortable. Take this with a grain of salt as it is my opinion and I find having Etymotics inserted quite comfortable as well.

If you have doubts about the Porta Pros, look at others in the Koss range. I have never had a bad sounding pair of Koss headphones.

These look like they might be perfect for you
amazon.com/Koss-T55959-UR-20-Home-Headphones/dp/B00005N9D3/

Also consider
amazon.com/dp/B00006JILE/ref=psdc_12097479011_t3_B000JC7GEC

They do look pretty competent. But part of why I wanted cheap Chinese ones was to get away from everything being so god damn expensive in my country.

The UR 40's being almost double the price in some stores for example.

Man, I feel like an asshole responding so negatively to everyone suggestions. I'm sorry. I really appreciate it though.

Requesting headphone purchase advice

I live in Iceland where customs will add around 80% of the original price to headphones, and buying headphones locally is out of the question

I am hoping to find some Chinese shit general that does the job, Im not an audiophile or anything

>Budget
50 USD
>Location
Icelandic, will buy online
>Source
PC and sometimes Phone
>Preferred type of headphone, via bluetooth
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Most important factor of them all. It's for work.
I'll be able to charge them for ~1 hour 1-3 times every day
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral > bright ! bass

If you are looking for Chinese headphones then give this headfi thread a read. It's all about Chinese manufacturers.

i had the exact same headphones with the exact same issue, taped them back on, used em for 5 months or so, broke again, this time for good.

The SMSL M3 is also bretty gud, from what I've heard.

hey ordered a pair of akg k240s to replace my sennheiser 558s that my "friend stole from me" the only three headphones ive listened to out of the 50 dollar range, are a friends pair of beats studios, a those senns i mentioned and my old athm50.

will i be dissappointed they both costed like 50 or 60 dollars more

Apply yourself.

M6 PRO?
You should.
Buy HD650, if it isn't loud enough, get an amp.
The volume pot on this is shit.
Do you want wireless?

yeah

>Budget
£50
>Location
UK
>Source
Smartphone and PC
Doesn't matter
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfortable for 2-3hrs at a time
>Preferred tonal balance
No idea
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones

woah did you just magic

Is the grado sr80e my best choice for an under $120 open back headphone?

Sennheiser HD451
:^)
HD558 or SHP9500.

Couldn't find any used, found LFF's email but I wasn't ready to pay the price he charged for the Slants. Plus Zach was having a B-stock sale so I got to pick up the Cherry Omni at a sweet price. Maybe I'll buy a used Enigma one day and see if I like it more than the Omni (if I do I'll sell the Omni.)

But honestly LFF being hard to contact doesn't aspire much in terms of customer service even though I know he really goes the extra mile for his customers. Hope his busy life gets easier for him soon. Because that man has talent no one can touch desu.

DT770, Fidelio X2, DT990, M50X.

Fostex th-x00 or ZMF x Vibro mk-ii. They're the closed kings in that price range as far as I know.

I just want some cheap, comfortable, easily portable headphones for my laptop for about $30

what's a good choose?

Is there any virtual surround software that doesn't noticeably distort the audio?

Yeah, I just got one and I like it better than my old E10 (though it was the original E10 and not the Olympus or E10K so I can't say if the line has improved since)

The fact that it shows up as a speaker jack and not a SPDIF output in Windows is also nice since it means I don't need to fuck around with SPDIF Keepalive anymore to not have the beginning of sounds cut off. Also SPDIF input on the back so I can plug my game consoles into it too.

Any good waterproof headphones so I can listen to music in the hot tub?

I've seen waterproof earbuds, not sure about full headphones though.

any advice?

That sounds pretty nice. Might buy it.

they're fine

Are akg really that bad? K7xx on mass drop right now and I was tempted

K7XX have different earpads, it doesn't have the bass sealing issues on the K701.

Do the K7XX have the memory foam ear pads of the K712 though?

Yes. It's identical to the K712 in design.

>£150 very flexible
>UK
>PC, may look into amp if needed
>full size
>open
>good comfort
>bright
>ATH900X

My ath900's have given up the ghost, looking for some replacements. Will mainly be used for gaming, so looking for something with good positional audio. If you've got any recommendations for sites to buy from would be appreciated, used eBay for my last purchase but would prefer not waiting over a month and having almost no warranty.

monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12009&cs_id=1082302&p_id=16050&seq=1&format=2

wat

So they're good for listening? Think it's worth 200?

Whats the best dual driver earbud? Under 200 usd?

I recently bought into the portapros meme.
Gotta say, extremely satisfied.

What are the best bang for buck headphones out there?

ATH-M50X / ATH-M40X.

Say I have 350 usd. Have a dac and amp from a friend and like bass. Any recommendations?

HD 600.

HE400s

That's an even worse rec than HD 600.

Fidelio X2

If money isn't an issue, is buying the ATH-M50X the best choice over bluetooth/wireless headphones?

Yes.