paperbatteryco.com/products/powerresponder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope

to what?

Why

Other types, Alu air for example. Graphene. Foam

lithium polimer?

Why?

>move on from current battery tech to older battery tech with worse energy density and higher cost
Are you retarded?

>and more stable

What about fuel cells instead?

>stability

Considering there was a recent breakthrough that is supposed to double their capacity, I don't think it'll change any time soon.
Hell, the only reason you're complaining is because the quality control is currently terrible, and that's fixable.

>there was a recent breakthrough that is supposed to double their capacity
These "breakthroughs" happen every few months. They are always nonviable methods that were picked up by some pop-sci publisher and pushed as the next leap in battery technology, conveniently without their shortcomings mentioned.

Whatever breakthrough you're talking about will never actually make it to market

Battery tech changes over time. my first mobile phone had a NiMH battery for example.

Eventually, the battery choice will change. The current poor quality control is irrelevant

Oh yeah, because cartridges of Hydrogen in your pocket are a way better idea than relatively stable Lithium.

Why? I like my phone to double as a makeshift incendiary device

Extended range electric

Lithium > Group 1 > stable > does not compute

Also, fuel cells aren't bombs

>fuel cells aren't bombs
physics says otherwise...

LiFePO4 needs to come sooner to consumer devices. Already used in hobbyist RC shit and personal transport.
>Greater durability, (Sony's prototype did 7000 cycles and it still had 74% remaining hold capacity)
>Safety, it doesn't explode and tolerates high temperatures just fine.
>Power, it provides a ridiculously high current, 20-30C isn't uncommon
Downside is that it's less energy dense about 66-80% of regular Li-Ion cells, but I would have rather this because it provides non-destructive fast charging and the battery will last decades even with daily recharges.

too expensiv to research and dev

>Graphene

Only if you want cancer

Yeah, because a tiny alkaline metal is incredibly stable, much more than an explosive gas

It's not too bad, $12 per 18650 cell.
Density isn't too good though at 1500mAh 3.2V per 18650 cell. But it can do 30A without breaking a sweat.

Everything can give you cancer

Concentration of hydrogen would cause, at worst, a minor flame, not an explosion. Certainly less than a Li-ion battery going up

Rechageable Li-Ion batteries don't contain any elemental Lithium, only in Ion form.

Did you do high school physics? Did you ever burn lithium? It goes quite spectacularly. Na, K and Rb even more so.

Compared to how H burns - this is why it's in period 1, above Li. Thus less reactive. So yes, Li is less stable then H. Mendeleev would like a word with you

Safe Li-ion tech

...so don't stab your battery?

Safe Hydrogen Tech

he was referring to hydrogen exploding when ignited

Pretty accurate portrayal of how my anus felt after the first time I got fisted.

Nigger what.
LiPo has higher energy density than LiIon.
The downside is the housefire, obviously.

Lithium iron is unfortunately still way too inferior to LiPo cells in energy density to be used where weight is relevant.
Also, any decent LiPo can handle 30-50C continuous just fine.
There are even 150C continuous LiPos from Maxamps but I doubt that they can really manage that much.

But aren't ions supposed to be stable?

>tfw no francium battery near by balls

The higher the energy storage the more explosive the reaction. The fact that we like making everything super thin also makes them more fragile.

b-but i need my phone to be impossible to hold and use at the same time

>Not having a phone that folds into a tablet or is it the other way around?

>LiFePO4 needs to come sooner to consumer devices. Already used in hobbyist RC shit and personal transport.
Super capacitors have already caught LiFePO4.
You can buy these already, 30-60A charge and discharge, 20,000 cycles, no fires as it's not a chemical reaction. Downside is they're about $70 for the big 9000F cell. Cost would likely come down with mass production but I suppose they have to find someone to order enough of them to get the cost down.
paperbatteryco.com/products/powerresponder/