How's the G5?

How's the G5?

Heard good things

Heard bad things

If you happened to get a phone without one of the qc issues its amazing

>always on display that actually shows third party notifications
>excellent camera, the best right now. see image
>widescreen angle camera is very useful
>LG skin is ok. It is not as streamlined as Sense, not as slow and shitty as touchwiz, but its no stock android
>removable battery. once your phone battery goes to shit in a year or 2 u can replace it. you can also replace your battery if it was at risk of explosion
>gets bright enough in sunlight, but nothing exceptional
>battery life is OK, not amazing. Quick charge is game changer
>USB type c
>very fast speed
>the highest repairability rating of current flagships

Great camera, good battery life, battery swapping is super easy but it also charges fast. Honestly my biggest issues are the seams and volume keys not being on the back, like my g3 had.

Needs more modules though, hopeful LG will deliver

>removable battery. once your phone battery goes to shit in a year or 2 u can replace it.

People always say this, but what if you have a no-name chinkphone with a 4000mAh removeable battery? Where do you go to then?

How's the smartphone general?

Just buy another chinkphone, because im assuming they are inexpensive anyway

Well yeah I know that, but I was wondering if there were a site where I can get third-party phone batteries that are a certain mAh and size so that it would fit into my phone?

I honestly don't know, sorry.

It's pretty good so far. It's nice and fast, charged fast, camera is so good, battery life is pretty good and the always on display is nice.
8/10 would recommend

My G5 has gps tracking issues and quite a bit of screen bleeding. However the camera is the best in business, the removable battery is a life saver, and it's fast as fuck.

Usually you can get knock off batteries that are unofficial, because the companies stop supporting that model etc. The battery life is usually garbage though.

Can't name you any sites though, we got a local battery store where I live and I was trying to get a battery for my old galaxy s3. Carriers didn't carry the battery because they don't care about old shit and Samsung is pushing their new shit too. All the batteries on amazon are knockoffs.

The battery I got goes from full to dead in like 3 hours of use. It sucks. If you get a phone with a removable battery I'd suggest stocking up on official batteries because they're the only ones worth a fuck in my experience.

Don't get one with a locked bootloader.
That's most variants.

The v20 looks great, only interesting LG phone since the G2

My battery got warm and I feared for my life.

I love mine.
Always posting from it because I'm a disgusting casual. Took this picture from it

I found the size quite appealing, since my G3 feels a bit too big, but then I heard about the detachable bottom being badly secured and floppy, and how there's a visible gap between it and the body. So I'm trying to distance myself from this phone, despite it looking pretty impressive, all in all.

To avoid being a cancerous parrot, could I ask G5 owners to confirm, debunk and/or opinionate on this matter?

I have no gap on mine
Mine doesnt even get warm

That picture looks like shit learn to photography.
Taken from my V10.

It's a good phone with a fuckton of QC issues. Locked bootloader on most variants as well.

>Lock button on mine stopped working 2 months after getting it
>Send it out for warranty service
>A month later, i still haven't gotten it back from LG
>Get an email with the repair report and a tracking number two days ago
>They diagnosed the phone as dead, replaced the flash memory instead of replacing the fucking fingerprint reader/lock button
>Stated on the ticket it was just the lock button
>Mfw

I love mine. I got it on release day with a free charging cradle, battery and 360 camera. I'm probably going to stick with it for several years. Its awesome for trips

>wide angle camera takes great shots
>replaceable battery means I can just swap batteries while on the go and charge them from a powerbank with the cradle whenever
>usb type c is the future
>quick charge is great
>fingerprint reader in the back is very fast, I can actually use fingerprint to unlock reliably

I just with the 360 VR add-on wasnt so shit and that they released more Friends.