>2GB RAM
>5 inch screen
>LTE-ready
>will be updated to Android 7.0
>works on all carriers in the US
>$99 with Prime ads that will probably get removed by XDA
>comes out Sept 15th

pcmag.com/news/347589/amazon-prime-members-can-get-moto-g-play-for-100

Is the Moto Sup Forums Play 4th Gen going to become the official phone of Sup Forums?

I don't think Sup Forums could ask for more Sup Forums-appropriate phone at this price range.

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkvision.com/articles/eye-resolution.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gentoo?

>720p
Into the trash

Sup Forums official 2016 meme is redmeme note 3 and redmeme 3

720P is fine for a screen that small.

I picked up the Blu R1. The 60 buck one with the ads installed. Took like two minutes to flash it to the standard non-ads version.

Works great. LTE, sub-5" screen, big battery (not removable but fuck, the phone is 60 bucks). Feels extremely well made, but the price makes it disposable. Very nice purchase.

>5 inch screen
>small
I want off this phablet ride.

If it was 5.5" I'd say it had to be 1080P or bust, but it's not. It's still an OK resolution for that size.

>wanting more than 720p for a phone

baka

Go fuck yourself, what did you want for $99?

The iPhone 7 will have a 720p screen and cost $650

Me too. I have always liked the smaller screened phones.

I would buy a 4.5" screen if they were still available

To be fair, it's very noticeable on text when reading web pages

Still, like I said, I don't expect it at this price point

5 inches is perfect you manlet

EVERY offical g phone so far turned out to be shit after all the fucking shilling (fore example zenfone)

neever listen to g in anything because its more of a technology hipster board than something useful

If MetroPCS is your carrier, the ZTE ZMAX Pro for $99 is a much better deal.

The text is a little larger and not quite as sharp, but I like that shit. My eyes suck, so it actually works out in my favor, especially since 720p screens are going to drain the battery less.

>To be fair, it's very noticeable on text when reading web pages

Not with a 5 inch screen unless you are a blind faggot who cranes his neck at his phone and gets a hunchback.

>iPhone has 720p at flagship prices
Is this true user?

4" is the perfect pocket phone size. 5" is phablet size. I use my phone as a GPS, music player, and texting tool. Anything bigger than 4" is fucking stupid and a waste of my pocket, lol.

>zte
>metro pcs

I see you're not working the night shift at the burger joint tonight, are ya?

>implying anybody uses MetroPCS
no

>Snapdragon 617

You mean the SOC that overheats every phone it is in? No thanks.

>5" is phablet size.

You are a manlet. I bet you are between 5'2 and 5'8 inches tall.

Go yell at your parents for making you a genetic freak.

> snapdragon 410

what a joke!

Have you actually owned a phone larger than 4"? It takes a few weeks to get used to, but once you have a 5" phone, you'll never want to go back. 5.5" is pushing it but it's still reasonable.

>not getting the Blu R1 HD for $60

>the size of my phone dictates how tall I am

Oh so does a big phone make you feel more like a man, you micro-penis little cuck?

Gotta compensate somehow huh?

Anyway not even the guy you're talking to but I love the 4" size because of how compact it is and easy to carry in pocket. Yes the keyboard can be a pain but I like the convenience.

Roll

>metro pcs

What's wrong with metroPCS? It's just a cheaper T-Mobile MVNO I get good reception everywhere I go as long as it's not in bumfuck nowhere.

>You mean the SOC that overheats every phone it is in? No thanks

Not getting those issues with the Zmax ZPRO. Great battery life and runs near stock Android.

Just giving you a hard time

Where I live it's shit, but I understand that it's not the case everywhere

Also their phone selection is shit as well

Their pricing is at least fair, though.

MetroPCS/T-Mobile is pretty okay around the tri-state area.

>Also their phone selection is shit as well

Except the ZTE ZMAX Pro. It's pretty much the best value for the price right now because it's price is being subsidised by Metro PCS.

I'm 5'10", my hand is 8" long from the edge of my wrist through the tip of my middle finger. Very average sizes.

A 5" screen is impossible to use one-handed without changing your grip occasionally. I want a phone where I can palm it and reach everything with one thumb. That's comfort and ease. Anything bigger is an inconvenience, for what I do.

Yeah, I have. My favorite phone I've ever had was a 10 dollar brick from Samsung, used it with Cricket for a bit. No camera, even. That thing is a god damn tank. I need the web services I rely on these days though, so I couldn't stick with it.

I've had a Galaxy S4, an HTC One X or Z or something, this Blu R1, and a Huawei phone that had a full qwerty keyboard.

The HTC One S or X or whatever it was had the best form factor, it was just about the size of an iPhone SE.

The SE really fucking tempts me, since it's powerful yet compact, but I'm afraid to touch iOS. I'm not willing to immerse myself in the Apple ecosystem and I'm entrenched in the Google ecosystem on my own devices and at work, so changing over just wouldn't make sense. Plus, the cost, and I'd be support Apple and fuck them after dropping the headphone port.

It's actually 1136x640.

>"EVERY offical g phone so far turned out to be shit after all the fucking shilling"
>forgetting that Sup Forums shilled the Nexus 5 after launch
I, for one, welcome our paid shill overlords.

I hope it becomes the official phone of Sup Forums. That would give it a higher chance of someone porting a CM build to it.

It's definitely getting a CM build just based on that price point and featureset.

Having a removable battery alone makes it certain to stay around for a long time because people can just buy a new battery.

>2GB RAM
>bloatware and adware
>locked bootloader
>approved

Sorry but you don't want the XT1625 from Amazon. The bootloader is locked and Motorola will not give you unlock codes - whether it's the ad-subsidised version or not.

>The bootloader is locked and Motorola will not give you unlock codes - whether it's the ad-subsidised version or not.

For now...

>720p
k4000 pro if limited to 720p.

I'd rather a*

>not getting an iPhone

Just admit you are a manlet

good

>official

This

>4th gen moto g
I have a 1st gen moto g lte

But why? It will never update and support is bad

>720p

SO FUCKING CLOSE, SO FUCKING CLOSE AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Guess I'll just wait for next year and hold out with the xperia z.

720p is ideal right now

That are utter shit specs
To all the 720p shills: once you get used to higher resolutions you can't go back. 400dpi is optimal.

You serious bruh? 720p is all you need for anything smaller than a tablet. Better battery life is so much better than impossible to notice HD.

But why

Can you change the ROM? Can you at least root it? Why would I buy an adphone.

Do you even follow the news, retard? People have been flashing over the ads thanks to XDA.

Did you even read the OP, you dumb nigger?

Who is saying the battery is removable?? Specs on the internet says the battery isn't removable without using tools.

>tfw 720p on 5'5"
im not even mad

I like the look of the phone, but who gives a shit about anything higher than 720p on a phone? That's just more shit for the battery to deal with.

Plus, are you guys watching animu or something on your phones? I hope you like dubs because subtitles are going to be hard to read on those small screens.

>who gives a shit about anything higher than 720p on a phone

Use a 720p phone before you say that lad, the difference is incredibly obvious

clarkvision.com/articles/eye-resolution.html

Reading my yaoi doujinshis is much more comfy with a fhd phone.

Would have been terrific if it had turbo charging.

I don't really look at my phone that much, if at home I use my tablet or desktop and when at work or otherwise away from my other gear I typically will use Reader Mode or actually use my smartphone as a phone/texter.

>720p
>amazon prime only
>ads
>official phone of Sup Forums

You can buy it without Prime and without ads for 50 bucks more.

Yeah, the 3rd gen.

Fair enough if you're only using occasionally, battery life would be more important but if you're not going to use it much I think a small screen would be just right (Not sure if you were complaining about the 5 inch screen in your first post)

I'd rather get the moto maker one with the dank wooden back.

No, fourth gen. On Amazon, you can select "special offers" or "without special offers" just like their tablets. Or you can buy it from Moto without the ads.

Battery is the biggest factor, yes. But of course outside of the SE, which is an okay phone, there aren't too many small screened phones.

Xiaomi literally releases updates weekly, stop spreading FUD
Moto E3 is the same thing for cheaper, and the ads won't be removed by XDA, remember what happened with the Prime ads on the Moto G4
>I picked up the Blu R1. The 60 buck one with the ads installed. Took like two minutes to flash it to the standard non-ads version.
This is better than this lelnovo trash
>EVERY offical g phone so far turned out to be shit after all the fucking shilling (fore example zenfone)
The first Moto G was great desu, the Zenfone was pure shilling though
>It's definitely getting a CM build just based on that price point and featureset.
Anything from the moto E and G lineup has official CM builds
>For now...
For always, this is Lenovo Motorola, not Google Motorola
No, Motorola is locking the phone down as much as possible, you can't even unlock the bootloader
That's what shills consider removable
tbqh this, If you want a moto just go with Moto Maker, if you're too poor for that you should be looking at a chinkphone

>ZTE
>a good deal

What is wrong with lelnovo? Was considering the vibe p2...

No updates and slightly overpriced, if you plan to flash CM in the future then it should be fine

Official poorfag phone maybe

Rom support on the Redmi is shit, the bootloader unlock process goes through a personal review and you have to run the unlocker on Windows. No thanks.

I would love to put cm on that. As long as unlocking the bootloader isn't as much struggle as the request thing of the redmi stuff I'm happy.

>Rom support on the Redmi is shit
RN3P has official CM, go shill somewhere else
> the bootloader unlock process goes through a personal review
That's literally a meme, they give codes to everyone after a few days, you can even order the code without having the phone
>you have to run the unlocker on Windows
Just like pretty much every unlocker
If you don't go with carrier locked crap you should be fine

you can remove the ads from the /oem partition but you can't flash different roms

I have a moto G from 2014 and it's fucking awful. The audio jack is a piece of shit which routinely breaks and the whole thing is fragile as shit

>Took like two minutes to flash it to the standard non-ads version.

Do you still get OTA updates?

2014 g as well, completely different experience.

Could be you just are an above normal user or you probably treat all your electronics like garbage.

>the awful damage control