/spg/ - Smartphone general

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

>News:
Samsung Galaxy Note7 owners can check online if the phone is defective
gsmarena.com/galaxy_note_7_owners_can_check_online_if_the_phone_will_explode-news-20485.php

Xiaomi Mi 5S with Snapdragon 821 SoC now spotted on AnTuTu
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_5s_with_snapdragon_821_soc_now_spotted_on_antutu-news-20477.php

LeEco Le Pro 3 leaked to come with SD821, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, 1440P screen and 5000mAh battery for

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BLU-R1-HD-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01F9N5QXI
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en
zukfans.eu/community/forums/zuk-z2.5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NEW NEXUS WHEN AAAAAH

never
literally

Just got my iphone 7, did I do gud Sup Forums?

How much should I expect to pay for a phone with at least 2gb ram that can browse internet and take/receive calls and texts decently enough?

140$

Are there phones with both Qi and USB-C?

AXON 7 OR ONEPLUS 3????

Anyone here have experience with buying used phones on ebay? Thinking about doing that to save some money.

Have any of you felt ripped off? That's what I'm really afraid of.

amazon.com/BLU-R1-HD-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01F9N5QXI

Iphone 7

Bought my m7 from a local eBay market thingy (not the classic bidding thing) face to face a week after it's release from a boy who had buyers remorse and got an iphone. Long sentence..
Saved 180 shekels wasn't ripping off.

Whats the phone on the right of OP's picture?

also

I'm about to buy an S4 Mini and throw CM on there. What am I in for?

Oneplus

htc one a9

HTC One A9. iPhone clone-ish build with a pretty stock feeling skin. But not worth the price for the middle of the road specs it has.

Someone tell me their experience with the Blu R1

Saved 200$ on my 500$ Nexus 6P. Bought it unlocked. I pay 10$ less each month for my phone plan. Don't buy phones at your cell provider.

Do not buy LG phones. LG is 100x worse than Apple and Samsung combined.

Posted by an actual G4 owner.

I just bought my mother a refurbished LG G2 on ebay for $70.

See

I own a G3 I bought from a friend, it works perfectly fine.

What's the best kernel+ROM combination for my rn3p in terms of battery and stability? Most cm builds I've tried had some wake lock issues or it was buggy.

Yes.

gearing up to switch back to android from an iPhone 6, but every phone I come across in my budget (~$450 USD) doesn't have the band support for Verizon. Switching carriers isn't an option right now because poor recent grad and dad still willing to pay for my phone line for the time being.

Are there any out there I've missed, or am I fucked unless I go nexus?

nexus phones in october should have your bands.

g4 has verizon bands

however, seems like HTC's is going to make it very overpriced.

450$ for the smaller one on the 32gb storage option. According to sources.

Nexus 6 Nougat when???

Is the user that was supposed to receive his honor 8 today here.

That's what I'm worried about, if I'm going to jump ship over to *another* phone without expandable storage, I don't want to downgrade from currently having 64GB internal.

Maybe a 5X or 6P once/if the price goes down after pixel release? Anyone with experience with 5X/is 2GB RAM really that bad?

but no fingerprint scanner :/ I know it's dumb, but a scanner on the back of the phone is something I really want.

>$450

Nexus 6p

What are opinions of the alcatel brand phones like the idol 4s

How does one even fix a boot loop on the LG G5? I'm considering picking one up for the camera, but the boot loop issue worries me.

Chink shit with a name brand slapped in
They did release some excellent value phones in the past, like the Idol 3, but the Idol 4S is ridiculously overpriced
You RMA it, it's a hardware problem

i think it's no more prevalent on the g5 than other smartphones, and it usually happens in the first hour of use so you rma it

seems like that's the way I'm going to have to go, but I'm also a manlet with trump hands. 4.7-5" is just right for me, so is the 6P worth sacrificing that comfort for compared to the 5X?

I want a phone with a removable battery/microsd, that the manufacturer does not interfere with rooting or installing custom software in any way, for freedompop(sprint)

>wanting something to send your fingerprints to the NSA

Is the S4 Mini a good buy?

G5 owner here. It works great.

So I finally got a Galaxy S7 Edge after being an Apple fan boy since the first iPhone.

I heard that there's some kind of app that lets you do lots of shit, kinda like programming every aspect of the cellphone and automation.

Can someone tell me which one it is?

Tasker play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

sounds like Tasker

Zuk Z2 or the Mi5????

Thank you guys.

This freedom is amazing.

mi5 if you want cm support and capacitive buttons zuk 2 if you want a bigger battery

G5 or IPhone 6S?

How's the HTC One M7 holding up?

already too late because of current phone's fingerprint scanner so might as well just go for convenience :^)

S5 Mini or S4 Mini?

You could still change your fingerprints and confuse the nsa

IPhone 6s or GS7

no, neither one

The meme of no support for the z2 needs to stop zukfans.eu/community/forums/zuk-z2.5/
My m7s battery is dying Im looking for a big battery alternative, leading to my question.

Is a snapdragon 625 a decent upgrade from a 600? Geekbench shows a a single core difference of 150 points (780 for the 625..)

How about you name an alternative you fucking autist.

Really? I don't know how much you're paying but I'm sure those aren't very good options

House Fire 7

>Samsung also said it will forcibly limit the Galaxy Note 7 battery to be charged to only 60 percent of its capacity by using its so-called over-the-air (OTA) update technology to further prevent possible mishaps.
Haha holy shit, how much battery life is left?

I've been asking myself why I own a smartphone.

The phone is nothing but an endless distraction. You even get distraction from your distractions. For example, I would always browse Sup Forums on my phone. But because I'm on my phone posting is a pain, and I'm essentially reduced to short shitposting. So I can't even Sup Forums properly.

I would use it to text my gf, but we live together, so what need to we have to be at each other's beck-and-call? Why would I want to be at anyone's beck-and-call? Why would I want my boss to be able to call me to cover a shift last minute? Etc.

The amount of productive things I use it for include google maps, and the occasional phone call. I'm not a damn CEO.

I think I'm going to cancel my phone today guys.

still lasts a whole day

I know this feel.
I've been asking myself the same thing, and heck, I still have an old Nokia flip phone. Why even get a new smartphone?

how the fuck else are w-they supposed to track you 24/7?

Does anyone know a good place for wallpapers suitable for the Galaxy S7 series?

I can see the benefit of having apocketable computer for say $50-100 because that's about how much the parts cost in relation to other computers

Spending $200, $300, $400, or even like $900 for the flagships is the dumbest fucking thing most middle-class people do from a financial standpoint, right up there with leasing cars and not paying off credit card debt

I didn't knew the Mi5 was CM supported.
Thanks user

/wg/ might be a good place to start

That's what is holding me back, i don't know why Zuk had to use their shit UI instead of Cyanogen.
I really like the Z2's design, reminds me of my old Xperia Compact

This is another factor to consider. But I think if you own a smartphone, your privacy is lessened by the very nature of the phone. Obviously you can be tracked when the phones are pinging cell towers constantly for signals.

Plus the cost. I don't know about most of Sup Forums but in Canada the data rates are grotesque and the major providers are all in collusion with each other so there is no real competition.

Is the V20 our guy?

how bad is mediatek?

I use my phone for podcasts and learning japanese. Do more productive things with your phone faggot.

>work issued everyone Galaxy S7
>this whole battery thing and it now being banned on commercial airlines
>always keep it in my bag or just leave it at work

It could be
I thought the Note 7 only had the battery thing?

he sure is a big guy, that's for sure.

How does the OnePlus 2 hold up today?

I was looking at the OnePlus3 online today, but I found the 2 used in my city for a good price, so I'm wondering

I am still on the first Nexus so anything is a huge upgrade for me

Me likey

I'm looking for some chink shit just like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, except with a good camera (around iphone tier) instead of a shite one.

What are my options? Xiaomi Mi 5 looks nice but is quite a jump in price, people say it has diminishing returns for that price, and I'm a mostly-brokeboi (willing to spend more if its worth it though).

Thanks

It depends on what you're expecting from a phone. They have a really good performance now, they're just not as supported by the community as Qualcomm's chips.
I'm using the Helio x10 now. Good performance, nice battery life, perfect for an everyday usage. i just can't have the ultimate xda stuff.

I disagree, I can justify paying €400 for a Oneplus 3.

I use it to listen to music, use Google Maps from time to time, check mails, use it to take a quick glance at new Word documents, PowerPoints and PDF files from school.

I COULD do these things on a €100 phone, but that wouldn't be a good experience.

hello edoops

You want somenthing about that size?

I do all of that on my used LG G2 without any problems or the RN3P if you prefer to buy new

Buying $400 phones is akin to buying macbooks to browse facebook

>I use it to listen to music, use Google Maps from time to time, check mails, use it to take a quick glance at new Word documents, PowerPoints and PDF files from school.

Holy shit you could do all of this on a Blu R1 HD for $60.

Top-tier smartphones are good for ONE thing only, and that is mobile gayming.

do i need a screen protector for my Nexus 5X?

it has gorilla glass 3 and i dont wont to put anything on there if i dont have to

for you

I have a N5 with GG3 I've used for 3 years and there are only some really light scratches I can only see with the screen off

if those bother you, then go for it

When does it come out

getting OnePlus 3 tomorrow

What are some essential things for it?

pic unrelated

So basically if the place I buy it from only offers a 3-day return/exchange policy, I should be pretty safe?

what the fuck kind of shitty retailer only offers 3-day returns on a brand new phone? stay away, stay far far away.

Is the Xperia M4 Aqua the only worthy sony smartphone out right now?

Any good Sup Forums apps for android?

Clover from Fdroid

Online stores in the Philippines. I can get a G5 for ~$400 (PHP 20,000). Mall retail sells it for $500+ (PHP 30,000+).

Guy who bought the Honor 8 here.

After removing lots and lots of bloatware and installing the stock Android icon pack this thing is godly. really fast, lots of customisation options. unexpectedly the camera became my favourite part of it. The depth and detail in the photos is amazing.

sample.

It feels good in my hands aswell, it's just exactly heavy enough, yet light.

great device, fast and free delivery aswell. If it doesn't shit the bed fir some random reason it's definately a recommended phone. It does tend to get hot though but i've been busy with it the last few hours.

size not too important to me for the most part

Thank you user