>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

originativeco.com/products/modern-beige
ebay.com/itm/IBM-1392595-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-/201661490819?hash=item2ef3f62683:g:EoUAAOSwHoFXvyk-
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=&led=&capmat=2&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=60%&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1772
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And the old thread

Topre or Matias tactile. Which is better?

There was a drop on Massdrop not too long ago with like ~15$ shiiping to my country when on unicomp its over 100. Maybe it will show up again

Anyone try an Unicomp EnduraPro?

topre, by far

the first part to my next meme board got here...

It's a planck/some other ortholinear, isn't it?

Have you tried both?

planck

for now it's just a super thin block of wood i already snapped and glued together once :^)

Can i order blank keycaps on a custom build on unicomp? like every non-modifier key blank

yes

You better not be putting more memios in there

Marias clicky and matias quiet click and Realforce owner here.
Matias tactile is better if you like clicky, seeing as they are the best modern clicky switch. Topre is good if you like feeling good oneness with cup rubber.
Disadvantage of Alps is it's impossible to get good keycaps, while realforce boards come with the best keycaps you can get.

going to put some lubed gateron blacks in

On that note, what kind of wood is that?

I'm not sure if your camera is just a piece of shit or if that's actually composite.

Also, good choice of switches. Gateron blacks are very nice.

>come with the best keycaps you can get
Eh. They're quite decent and the profile is nice, but 1mm PBT is hardly "the best"

it's cedar wood, definitely wouldn't be my first pick, but the wood inserts on his site are just the shitty leftovers from one of the last planck drops on massdrop

going to stain it with the same dark walnut stain i used for muh atreus later tonight/tomorrow.

What'd be your first pick?

I want to try cutting shit out of wood with the CNC, namely plates, maybe cases if I have enough play on the z-axis, and keycaps once I get into 3D CAD.

emailed you back with project idea also let me know if have the time to do a case for the mini. It would have to be two wood layers one for bottom then a top cover plate.

given the original massdrop options had i'd go walnut, otherwise maybe some kind of meme exotic wood

and that would be cool. wood cases have always particularly stood out to me

that is some trypophobia fuel shit

what are some cool mods i can do on a unicomp?

Help me out here guys, blank or not?

also i to touchtype

You can modify your trash bin to be a trash bin with a cool keyboard in it :D

SoonTM

Do what you want. Blank is better if your printing options suck though.

You can start with converting it to a 103 so you get the full size space bar. 104 sucks

Well meemd my friend

fuck

Just bought myself a fukken Unicomp, when it arrives im gonna go clickclack so hard on LAN partys

Is the poker worth it? I mean it looks like smaller keyboards have the same amount of functionality and things like the keycool 84 have way more function with only an extra row & column of keys (not taking into account programability, just preset layers)
I might just build a planck for this reason.

Are worth it but dont expect them to last years

I can't decide if I want to try a unicomp or go for the real deal... Help me :(

I've been thinking about getting a wooden keyboard case for my Poker 3, but I can only really find the datamancer which kinda looks like shit. Is there any good ones out there?

Just cleaned this up, the thock sounds are quite pleasant.

I don't see why not? Alu frame, doubleshot PBT keys, steel plate mount. Can't think of anything fragile here.

Anyone using matias quiet clicks?

can't decide if these are worth the price

Make your own

I don't know if they are, but I'm still probably going to get them.

I had one but returned it becuase it shipped with key chatter. Still felt nice.

Are these Cherry, or Topre?

They're cherry.

More info here.
originativeco.com/products/modern-beige

Just ordered mine. I cant fucking wait for international shipping! Its gonna take like 2 weeks

got a link? building it yourself or is it a kit? have a thread on /diy/?

Are unicomp keycaps PBT or ABS?

>originativeco.com/products/modern-beige

Just offer him/her like $60. They don't go for too much on ebay.

ebay.com/itm/IBM-1392595-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-/201661490819?hash=item2ef3f62683:g:EoUAAOSwHoFXvyk-

Wrong link..

It's a 200-something bucks kit from aliexpress. Don't know the link since this is provided by the school that I'm attending, though if you're interested I could ask the instructor.

The motors can execute movements of 1/300th of a millimeter. Here's a cutout that was done with another machine like this earlier today, and that's with shitty composite that fuzzes at the edges.

No thread on /diy/, but I'll be setting up a simple blog-style website sometime in the next few weeks if you're interested in keeping track of that and the things that I'll make with it.

>Interface: RJ45

He'll need a Soarer's converter too though.

Ah yeah..didn't catch that part. You can get ps/2 ones for about that price too though. I've purchased 3 or 4 of my model M's off ebay, some in immaculate condition for around $65 after shipping.

Anyone else hype for Nantucket Selectric?

yeah, they are just stepper motors. you can get controllers that can do micro-stepping
how about the electronics or software you use with it?

Just fixed up this omnikey 102. This keyboard is a tank.

How long do you guyd think a custom unicomp will take to arrive in Scandinavia?

Anyone have that picture that compares the different switches?

It uses an arduino to interface between the computer and the machine. There's another PCB on which the arduino sits that has another chip on it. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of that one, or the name of the software that we use. Though you're not the first to ask me, hit me up again tomorrow and I'll be able to tell you everything you want to know about the machine.

not happy with how the stain turned out on the super shitty planck wood insert

i might buy a chunk of macassar ebony (not this much) and have an insert custom made

Enjoying my quiet pro. Strong tactility and they're dampened on both down and up stroke.

Anyone know where I can buy affordable side print pbt keycaps?, I want to replace my stock quickfire rapid keycaps.

aliexpressis a good site

Is it safe?

what's a mechanical keyboard ?

it fix your car or something ?

yes. I've bought stuff from there before like pic related

lol

pathetic.

its the only keyboard that's compatible with Alldata automotive software

I'm not spending $150 on a keycap set. 35 is more then enough regardless of worse it is compared to the original

I guess I'd just rather have the original than a knockoff.

pathetic compared to paying 5x as much to wait 6 months for assdrop shipping?

makes sense.

>I'm not spending $150 on a keycap set
why are you even here

to shitpost on why IBM model Fs are the best keyboard in the whole world

>that pic

Unless those whites were made in the 80s they're the same weight as green. They just don't kick the clicker up as hard, making them sound softer.

Unicomp Model Fs when

What can I get so I can be gucci gucci vendi vendi prada all em basic bitches want em so I don't even bother

Oh dude, when did you polish up that wood case? It looks almost respectable now.

well if they made them with the same quality as the old ones then prepare to pay $700+

get a hipster model F

you could learn the lyrics correctly

The patents are expired so technically any chinkboard manufacturer could build and sell them worldwide.

most of the model F was built with metal. Even if the chinks were to do it it would still be very expensive. Just think what the shipping costs of a 10 lbs keyboard would be

Model Fs weigh between 5-9lbs depending on variant but most of your cost in shipping anything substantial is on the first pound. Also chinks pay fuck-all for shipping.

I'd gladly settle for a Model-M like build though, with a modern layout, not-shit rivets and the F's capacitive switches.

'm a little lost with what i should get or if i'm looking at decent things, because I've never had a mechanical keyboard.
>Budget
less than $100
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Again no clue but, I play shooters when gaming and use my computer for schoolwork & shit posting
>Form factor
probably looking for and 80% TKL
>Backlight
White prefered
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer Lycosa? basically garbage especially with limited desk space.

I'd recommend you get PBT keycaps or else your keyboard will look like pic related in a few weeks, dye sub is preferred, but they are on the pricey side. Anyway fill out the filters and pick one of these that you like
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=&led=&capmat=2&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

thanks, any recommended switches? I was thinking cherry reds or something like it but I don't know how these other switches like gaterons, compare.

To get a general sense see
Gaterons are smoother then cherry mx switches and alps/matias are more tactile then both. Kailh, Outemu, KBT are also cherry clones that feel about the same.
My preference is tactile and loud switches which is why I have an IBM model M with buckling springs, but if you want linear switches then reds and blacks are the way to go. If you want tactile switches stay away from browns as the tactile bump that cheery uses is pretty bad. Matias makes really nice alps clones which is what I would go for.

looking to get a smaller keyboard for use with my laptop

>Budget
$100-$200 USD
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
i've used reds, browns, and blacks and am fine with all of them, switches aren't really a big deal for me honestly. no blues/greens tho
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
80% or smaller
>Backlight
unnecessary
ducky one, ducky shine 5

what d'you suggest, /mkg/?

why not try some matias quiet click switches?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=60%&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

If you want to use it with a laptop I suggest going 60%

try out this though nigga it'll make you gucci gucci vendi vendi prada on a nigga mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1772

V60 or Poker is your best bet
unless you want something like a Keycool 84

I want something heavy, but also something that feels nice to type on.

I was thinking about getting a blue skcm board, but It's expensive.

How do matias switches feel? Should I go gateron or cherry and what switch?

>How do matias switches feel?
Like blues but heavier, smoother, and a higher actuation, and deeper sound. Pretty much universally agreed to be better than green. Go look up an Alps white typing demonstration because the sound is the best part.

Hi. I'm new to mechanical keyboards. I bought a Qisan Magicforce about 2 weeks ago. It has Cherry MX Green Switches. I really like it.
I have one problem though. In Linux, I can't open the terminal using Ctrl+Alt+F2. Because my keyboard has no functions key row, I have to hold down the function key and press 2 while entering in this combination of keys, but unfortunately the key combination doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a solution to my problem?

So, I'm wanting to mod the hell outta an already existing keyboard, I've got a budget of $100 total, spent $33 on switches and $15 on caps, so i've got around $50 to spend on a board. I was thinking about getting a cheap chinese boards, like a tokomo board since the price and the switches don't matter so long as they're cherry clones, but it's got that "floating key" style thing going on and I don't wanna go about making a faceplate if I can get one that already has one.

I really like the look of the CM Storm Quickfire rapid, but that's out of the price range, even used. I'm looking for something very professional, square, and simple, and those keyboards that are just the floating key style without a faceplate just don't have the look I'm going for.

just to simplify

>Budget
$50
(shipping included)
(used is fine if not in shit/broken condition)
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Doesn't matter, so long as they're cherry/cherry clones
(gonna be replaced)
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
No, but no a deal breaker
Rosewill thing w/cherry blues
Logitech G710+
(current) Blackwidow X Chroma TE

Planning on taking the board and slapping some gateron reds with o-rings on it to see how quiet and smooth I can get a board.
Just looking for something simple and not gaudy or gamer looking, just plain and square.

How about you stop being a nig

why don't you just buy a pcb and a case?

Whaddya on about now.

Because all the ones I'm finding are almost the price of an entire cheap board for just a PCB. Many of the ones i find that aren't $60 just for a PCB don't have widely available cases, so you have to make it yourself and I'm not planning on building a whole keyboard from the ground up.

What are you even doing?

As stated in the post, take a TKL board, and replace the switches on it with some gateron reds since i can only seem to find gateron reds on 60% boards that cost a pretty penny for it's size and the fact that it's, technically, using chinese knockoff switches.

Now, I'm looking for something like a cm storm quickfire rapid or a ducky one tkl, in terms of design. Simple, square, flat, not-gaudy, and that has a faceplate.