He didn't just leak info about domestic spying, but a bunch of other shit the US has good reason to keep secret...

He didn't just leak info about domestic spying, but a bunch of other shit the US has good reason to keep secret. What he did was indefensible.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Snowden leaked, in addition to his revelations regarding domestic surveillance, the following information and made it accessible to foreign governments:

• Military plans, weapons systems, or operations

• Foreign government information, intelligence activities (including special activities), intelligence sources, or methods or cryptology

• Foreign relations or foreign activities of the United States, including confidential sources

• Scientific, technological, or economic matters relating to national security

• United States government program for safeguarding nuclear materials or facilities

• Vulnerabilities or capabilities of systems, installations, infrastructures, projects, plans, or protection services relations to national security

• The development, production, or use of weapons of mass destruction

news.vice.com/article/official-reports-on-the-damage-caused-by-edward-snowdens-leaks-are-totally-redacted

Other urls found in this thread:

techdirt.com/articles/20150615/11565531344/reporter-who-wrote-sunday-times-snowden-propaganda-admits-that-hes-just-writing-what-uk-govt-told-him.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A HERO!

Of course they play it like he's doomed US security forever. Are you fucking new to how the DoD operates?

From what i have seen he only leaked material relating to data collection programs.

Do you have an sources pointing to specific leaks that you posted or is this another damage control shill post?

If this is the case, I want Hillary brought up on charges of treason.There's no denying it's on the same scale.

It sucks but hopefully it leads to things becoming more secure. They were insecure before he did anything. That needs to change. Relying too much on computers instead of good old fashioned spying isn't smart. Russia realizes this but we're being retarded because muh contracts. Gotta feed the military industrial complex.

Not all of the documents he leaked have been published yet. But yes so far they only reveal data collection methods. Most of what he leaked were training presentations and some user manuals. No specific targets of spying were leaked other that that there was a focus on the middle east.

It's bad but it's not nearly on the same scale. There's a very big difference between being negligent and endangering secrets and willfully leaking them. If what you are saying is true then we should ship a lot of government IT workers off to Guantanamo.

Do you really think he didn't give everything to the Russians in order to protect his life? Come on now. Just because it's not public doesn't mean it's not now in the hands of unfriendlies.

>Not all of the documents he leaked have been published yet
Well, then he didn't leak them

He leaked everything to The Guardian

At least one person has died because of Clintons negligence though.

>unfriendlies.
The US are the most unfriendly country on this earth. Don't try to swap the roles mate.

>According to the Defense Intelligence Agency
nigga

Another hit piece. Reminds me of the journo that was humiliated for admitting he prints what the government told him to:

techdirt.com/articles/20150615/11565531344/reporter-who-wrote-sunday-times-snowden-propaganda-admits-that-hes-just-writing-what-uk-govt-told-him.shtml

The Russians got everything after they plugged in his balls to a car battery.

I must agree with this. I have never cringed so hard as when Obama attempted to blame and scold Putin over the DNC/elections hacks recently. It goes beyond nervey and straight into assinine territory.

>the US government is running yet another discredit campaign instead if addressing their own issues

Wow dude this is like blowing my le mind

> military plans, weapons systems, or operations

All of which are being used to invade the privacy of innocent American citizens.

The US intelligence community has been long overdue for an ego check.

Freedom is not free. There will be casualties whether OP tries her best to keep Americans safe or white knights like Snowden kick OP in the front butt for being overzealous.

Nature finds a balance. OP's hard-line idealism should too.

I don't think they even had to go that far. I am sure it was just like "cough it up or move on." After the Chinese wouldn't take him I'm sure he wasn't in any kind of position to negotiate.

To all the anti-american types in the thread do you really think things would get better if the dominance shifted to China or Russia? Be honest with yourself for a minute. Look at how they treat their own. There's a lot of fucked up things about life in America and also fucked up geopolitical things on the government's behalf but don't think for even a minute that if it just disappeared as a player, a "superpower", that someone more fucked up wouldn't try to fill that vacuum. I've seen Russians on Sup Forums and Sup Forums that were basically desperate to come here, one guy cried when his visa got denied. That's what soft power will do anons. Don't deny it. Unless you are considered a pest to this country and need to live in exile why would you want to be somewhere else? Either here, Canada, NZ, or Australia.

Words of some middle class white guy.

Actually I live in poverty in Detroit in a house infested with cockroaches. I'm the only white guy on my street. At least here I have the chance to move up from this. I'm working on it.

Is Greenland safe from any agency

>do you really think things would get better if the dominance shifted to China or Russia?
How fucking delusional are you to believe anyone wants ANYONE to be doing this? Seriously, why would you even assume this?

>being this retarded.

>He didn't just leak info about domestic spying, but a bunch of other shit the US has good reason to keep secret. What he did was indefensible.
Yes.

>I want Hillary brought up on charges of treason.
Treason charges aren't exactly legitimate. We aren't formally at war with any entity, so we have no enemies.
She is certainly a enemy of state and a traitor in the common sense, but not according to the constitution.

But on the bright side, she is at the very least guilty of crimes amounting to a couple life sentences.

you understand the "OH HE EXPOSED MORE THAN DATA COLLECTION" is a meme created by the same suits that he was trying to expose

It's a "meme" if you're retarded. Things that have nothing to do with domestic surveillance have been reported by news agencies, based on the files he released. Not him nor any of the people he gave the documents to denies that there are things unrelated to domestic surveillance in the documents.

It's not like he specifically downloaded the "MASS SURVEILLANCE" folder. He put everything he could get his hands on to his USB stick.

Good. There is no place for government secrecy in a democracy.

What a dumb thing to say.