Is there any actual reason for me to switch from debian to arch...

is there any actual reason for me to switch from debian to arch? are there real benefits or just circlejerk points online?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/arch_compared_to_other_distributions#Debian_GNU.2FLinux
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

and the arch one

debian and arch are exactly the opposite

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/arch_compared_to_other_distributions#Debian_GNU.2FLinux

>is there any actual reason for me to switch from debian to arch?
no

in fairness to archfags the wiki is honest and unassuming about the differences

I switched because I had more than a few packages that I was manually building and installing to keep them up to date. I figured I'd rather use a distro whose package manager can so some of that for me and arch with aur helpers fits my needs well.

If you prefer/like:

- a rolling release model
- new packages being the main focus of the distribution
- the AUR
- a more minimalistic approach to packaging allowing you to pick and choose more

Then switch to Arch, if not, don't.

wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

yo this can't be real

Arch is a private jet.
Debian is an oxcart.

AUR
U
R

Why weebs and transbians have to mix their fetishes into their operational system choices?

Fucking hell, I feel disgusted at being a weeb tranny myself due to you fuckers.

I wish I was a lesbian desu

Dear christ. Literally installing redhat on every debian machine in the office as I type.

did you used to post in tf2g?
i remember that image with that exact filename

kek

>succubus
>weaboo
you on drugs?

>user never read the succubus (male) doujin.

Arch is okay and debian is okay.
If you are comfy with one, keep using it.

Also the whole "arch for lesbians" thing doesn't work.
the whole "debian for lesbians" thing works because they sorta rhyme.

sauce

how?

if you don't like debian switch, but there's no positive reason to use arch

You seem triggered.

you mean debian stable and arch

Actually debian sid and arch are pretty similar.

>no progress allowed

well, there is one distro less to choose from.

The only lesbian I've met running Linux ran Ubuntu desu.

Yes. If you're serving a prison sentence, Arch would be a great way of killing all that time. If your sentence is long enough, you might even be able to make it almost as stable as Debian by the time you're out.

Haha time to install Centos!

That's not the real Arch one though.

Holy shit, that incident timeline is pure comedy gold

>The mail alias has been setup as contact point for Debian event organizers willing to have an anti-harassment policy
Also, sounds a bit like most of the debian team doesn't give a shit about this and just allowed that page to shut the landwhales up

Can't believe this is official Debian shit, lmfao.

>The Male Programmer Privilege Checklist
>Mansplaining
>Geek Feminism Wikia

HAHA OH WOW

Glad I'm using Fedora/CentOS

i switched once upon a time, immediately regretted it. the AUR and wiki is nice but arch is ultimately like slack for tryhards.
debian requires less work to get a system configured to your preference, and generally just works. there's a reason so many distros are or were offshoots of it.

I installed Antergos recently because I broke my Bunsenlabs installation... It just looks so sexy.

After maybe 20minutes trying to poke around pacman I got so frustrated I installed Devuan.

Literally for me I don't think I'll ever go near Arch again. I'm way too used to Debian based systems.

Is the irony in that picture deliberate or not? The distro name is a product of a heterosexual relationship.

Yeah, for people who always use the software that comes bundled with their DE.

On other Distros most people who have been using Linux for a while now, will spend as much time removing stupid software they don't need and installing their preferred programs as they would spend setting up Arch.

Every single time I try to install something on my debian box the instructions always start with 'add a new repertory'

arch if u want up to date packages
debian if u dont

im not sure where you'd come up with that idea
if you dont want a ton of shit, just don't install it during setup? i have machines where i just use a DE and others where i use a WM and install only what I want specifically, both work fine on debian.

It stems from people switching from one OS where, say, KDE was the default, to another, with GNOME as the default.

Now they can say something like:
"God OS -blah- is so bloated. I had to immediately uninstall nearly everything to get it how I like it. I've used multiple operating systems having run Linux since I bought my Android phone 10 years ago, so I know what i'm talking about".

Kernel is the only thing that matters. The only conversation that counts is BSD or Linux, and the answer is both.

How's that an argument? You do realize that as long as you're not killing people/being a dick none of that applies to you? Wait, nevermind, I forgot I'm on Sup Forums.

>You do realize that as long as you're not killing people/being a dick none of that applies to you?
Unless you're white, in that case you're all of the above by default.

Don't fall for the rolling release meme. It's a waste of time.

pacman and aur