Besides xposed, why aren't you using android n?

besides xposed, why aren't you using android n?

muh devs (phone brand) didn't have N yet.
inb4 root
no root, it fu up my old phone

waiting for cyanogenmod to release cm 13

No xposed

Omni isn't N yet

It's Android.

> S4
I really thought I'd get support beyond 5.0.1 but that shows what a fool I am. Really want the granular permission support.

Why have 2 windows with the same thing open?

Why do people use Xposed? Aren't most features just baked into custom ROMs these days?

For features that aren't baked into custom ROMs and for people who can't use custom ROMs

>For features that aren't baked into custom ROMs
Like?

I don't know, I don't use Android. I'm just assuming that not every custom ROM has literally every feature anyone would want though.

Im running 6.0.1 marshmallow on my s4 dude but it's not touchjizz Incase you're looking for a recent Touchjizz rom

This.
But they seem to have merged the fix(es) to build it yourself now. It gave a sync error upon trying to build when i tried about 3 days ago.
Will try to build for Angler tommorrow.

How? Are you using CM or something? How does it run, is it worth the switch?

Yeah I'm using a cm based rom stock cm is pretty boring and won't feel worth it the rom I'm using right now is called team octos but what's your version of the s4 mine is the sprint one but doze is worth it and I'd say it saves more battery than Lolipop

Ah cool, I'll look that one up! Mine is the carrier free GT-I9505!

>gravitybox
every single feature i want all in one place

Why are you even using Android N? It doesn't introduce anything except worst battery life.

every custom ROM i've played with never had the exact options that gravitybox had.
plus
i just run rooted kitkat 4.4.4 vanilla.
when im not using gps/bluetooth/wifi i have it all disabled.
all apps force closed.
no sync'ing
nothing in the background running
battery life lasts for days which i like. every other custom ROM ended up using about 2%/hr of battery life. i'll leave it unplugged overnight and in the morning wake up to 7% battery life gone but in my standard kitkat 4.4.4 phone, it will use about 2% max overnight.

You can get a phone that doesn't have shit battery life.

You forgot the biggest aspect: Holo
Fuck that shit Material Design.

Fuck it. Can't sleep anymore, had nearly 5 hours of sleep anyways, syncing right now.

I'm on the dev 5 preview on my Nexus 6 but I'm mad the full thing isn't out yet

Only thing Android N would give me that I don't already have is functional multiwindow and a lack of Xposed. Everything else I can get with root and Xposed.

Also, the only working Android N builds for my phone have a broken video recorder.

You can already get multiwindows with cm or xposed. I've used it for years.

i dont have a shit battery life.
although i've only ever had 2 smartphones.
i've tried custom roms on both.
at least 8 different ROMs between the 2.
they all drained my battery even when not in use.
>install new ROM
>install and configure all apps
>charge the battery
>leave it unplugged overnight
>wake up to find 8% of battery life drained overnight
>disable all background apps. disable gps/bluetooth/wifi
with every single custom rom. from 5.0 to 6.0
only way to get back to 1% drain was to put it in airplane mode.
fuck that.
never had the problem with plain kikiat.
>root phone
>uninstall/disable unused apps (google+, google reader, books, etc)
>configure apps
1%-2% over a span of 8hrs overnight.

TL;DR:
anything newer than kitkat would run things in the background and drain my battery (i dont like things running in the background)
kitkat didn't have this problem.

Do you already know about the developer options setting for limiting background processes?

I recommend chink extended battery from eBay. Battery hasn't blown up yet and I'm getting extremely long standby and up to 10-11 sot on a full charge. Using WanamLite kitkat + Xposed and for me it's pretty much rock solid stable.

Cont.
Forgot to mention mines 6200mah and by "anpower" and it only cost me 13$ cad and only 2 weeks to ship (good for China slow boat).

yup
and
wakelock detectors

not needed.
my phone didn't have any bells and whistles to begin with.
so after rooting i just removed a few apps
pretty vanilla.
i rarely use my phone anyways.
about 45 mins a day before it drains to 20% at the end of the week.
but on all those custom ROMs i needed to charge my phone every 2 days.
my mp3 player died so now im using my phone all day while at work. it still only uses 30%.

Gravitybox has some features that are not from custom ROMs

i use just about every single setting in gravitybox.

Because Samsung is shit and I have to wait a year for them to update ShitWiz and add bloatware before I get my upgrade.

Manufacturer is still in testing and I can't be fucked to download the beta.

I'd try CM, but I hear the camera has major issues.

S4?

Because I have a xiaomeme redmi note 2 and it's still on android 5.

that's what I like to do if the manufacturer is sane and doesn't install and change so much shit that you can't even recognize it's android. for example, i wouldn't be able to use a huaweii phone, my mother just got one and it's absolutely fucking disgusting. Their stock launcher doesn't even have a fucking app drawer, but instead it puts all the installed apps right on the homescreen. I installed nova right away but shit broke after the phone got a 6.0 update and nova doesn't work on it anymore.
God forbid anyone has to use that horrible notification slider they have, absolutely horrifying.
I have a Z1 and other than the lockscreen, it doesn't change so much shit. The phone heats up too much though, it burns my hand every time it runs a bit more demanding app. no idea how to fix, tried underclocking it a bit but that didn't do shit and all other governors are trash.
I don't know if I should even bother installing the pure AOSP, the bootloader is locked and the development for it in general isn't all that great

because i'm not an idiot that uses stock android over touchwiz

also holy shit I just realised that the android releases were coming out in an alphabetical order by the codename

Because I want to have the possibility of using my phone longer than 5 months without losing update support

CM 13 is Marshmallow. You mean CM 14 (or is it 13.1?)

oh yeah, CM 14

Guys, I'm running Android 6.0 on freaking S2 and it's running nice, stop asking if it runs good if you have a phone that has at least quad core -_-

Yeah but it's iffy. Not as functional as in N.

I'm running CM 13.1 on my ZenFone 5(2Gb), runs fine, I'll try out N when most of my apps support it.

Material design is pretty fucking fly dude

There is no Android 7.0 firmware for my device, neither official nor inofficial.

What's even new in n that's worth upgrading for?
Only thing I can think of is multi window but my note 5 already has it.

Retard

Aquos crystal a shit

> Nexus 5X

Loving Android N, the in-notification reply is one of my favorite features

Sony is taking their sweet time.

To be honest, I really want their newest phone, but I'm not going to upgrade my phone until that phone gets Nougat