ANDROID BTFO

> tfw 4 fucking year old iPhone 5
> battery shitting itself (was probably getting less than 60% for it's original capacity)
> get brand new battery from amazon for cheap
> replace it in about 5 minutes
> phone comes back to life, kicking ass like always
> Apple keep it's legendary support with iOS 10
> I'm afraid of this update fucking with my phone, Sup Forums constantly talking shit about it
> Fuck this
> update anyways
> Now my iPhone is even faster than iOS 9/8 (maybe same speed as 7)
> faster camera
> Siri is even smarter
> security support is legendary
> newest apps still supporting my 4 year old hardware
> no lags at all
It's finally over Sup Forums, you can't defend Android anymore. Wtf is going on with 7.0? It just ridiculous. Also, show me a 4 year Android officially supporting 7.0 (not some indian botnet custom rom that shits itself every 2 minutes), jesus, is there even a 4 year old android that supports 6.0? even fucking 5.0? That's a fucking joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

fossbytes.com/google-making-closed-source-android-proprietary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who the hell keeps a phone for longer than a year anyways?

Smart people that invest their money instead of becoming a consumer whore without money for a good car/house.

I'm glad you got your money's worth out of your $649 phone OP.

I paid $20 for my Android phone (new) about a year ago and, while it doesn't run the latest Android, it does what I need it to and runs every Android app I've thrown at it.

>implying you can't have it all.

People who aren't technological retards.

Your empire of dirt?

Will you let me down?

>being a poorfag

/thread

so the exact opposite of the majority of apple users

I've got an HTC One M7 still. Great phone and I have no intention of getting a new one soon.

I had an iPhone 5c if was the worst phone I've ever owned

You're a fucking retard

Enjoy your 8gb space with all your new pics you'll be taking

Fuck your smartphone consumer buttfucking hell.

I've still got my OnePlus one from very close to launch. It still works perfectly, and I'm not on any kind of upgrade contract so I've no reason to upgrade.

>Now my iPhone is even faster than iOS8
>maybe same speed as 7

Congrats you played yourself, keep showing that apple cock in your mouth

>apple nerf the software on old iShits to force faggots to upgrade
>you can't even downgrade your iShit after that happens
>forced to use exploits in the OS to install custom shit
>Apple in full control of your device at all times

>meanwhile most popular android devices have a community of developers and custom roms keeping devices updated and fast even after the company stops
>if you hate android some even have ports to other phone operating systems
>if you hate the proprietary google shit just install a rom without it and install fdroid.

Good luck when Android is completely closed in the future

fossbytes.com/google-making-closed-source-android-proprietary/

Why replace shit when it still works with newer stuff? I got the 5s and I'll upgrade until next year.

Keep this shit going and I will make you hurt.

My mom has had an iPhone 5 since its launch and she's been complaining a lot about how slow it's gotten lately, I dunno if she updated or what but she told me she's been thinking about buying a new phone because of it

I'm on a 2014 Moto X and I don't feel like upgrading whatsoever, it's perfectly suited for my needs and the leather back is still in great condition and is a joy to hold

That article is idiotic, making android closed source won't fix the update problem in fact it's just going to make it worst because it's going to make porting new versions of android to devices even more of a nightmare.

>legendary support

see:

Iphones are literally designed to break after 5 years...

M7 bro, I feel you but the second the new Nexus/pixel gets announced I'm dumping my M7. It was great with the GPE from, buy man I cannot deal with the shit battery and purple camera tint anymore.

Which is still better than most Android phones, honestly.

I've had an Expedia arc s for idk how long now and even though it only has android 2 it runs every app I need it to and works perfectly fine.

Fair enough, I know don't use my camera enough in low light to care about the tint. Never noticed an issue with my battery either, it still lasts +16 hours daily with pretty intensive use, though I only ever use it for browsing, email, and text.

My Mic is also kind of messed up, but again I simply don't use it enough.

No, you stupid iToddler

>> replace it in about 5 minutes
i seriously doubt it. it probably took you two screens also

It also runs anything the Chinese throw at it too, doesn't it now?

And yet, at the end of the day, you're still gay
How does that make you feel?

Anyone know of a feature phone you can make a lte hotspot?

I doubt it. Moto E 2nd-gen LTE with 5.1 and the latest security updates. No more backdoors than anything else.

I'm impressed then, user. Very few manufacturers actually keep up with updates. Sadly, you can't describe the rest of the userbase like that

It's really annoying to see that Microsoft can update every PC since 2006 (Intel Core Duo and later) with no issues yet Android manufacturers have trouble updating phones that aren't even a year old. You can blame Qualcomm/Mediatek and Samsung for locking down their shit and Google for not enforcing a standard bootloader for all devices.

>> Now my iPhone is even faster than iOS 9/8 (maybe same speed as 7)
>> faster camera
>> Siri is even smarter
>> security support is legendary
>> newest apps still supporting my 4 year old hardware
>> no lags at all
No

I'm sorry user. I used to have an HTC Sensation 4G. It was ok, until 6 months in. After that, I went back to my iPhone 3G. People asked my if I got a new phone because the call quality went up so much. They never updated the Sensation passed 4.0.1. HTC's interface was a fucking mess too.
I've got a 6s currently. I miss the Linux portion of android, but everything else was such a fucking disaster
I don't hate androids, I like my Nexus 5x as a testing phone, but holy shit the ecosystem is garbage

>implying most androids even get updates on a regular cycle
>implying most androids get updates

>Buying last years phone (2012) in a shiny plastic case in 2013 when you could have sprung up for a 5S
>He doesn't know that iPhone 5 (the year prior) offered 32 and 64 GB capacities
>Not just buying a used 5 if you wanted to be cheap

Don't blame apple for your shitty decisions user. You're just fucking retarded and you're mother should have swallowed you when you were a sperm.

iOS never gets updates either, only killswitches.

>iToddler
>calling anyone else retarded

You keep acting like they're making the iPhone obsolete on purpose, but have you considered the alternative?

Maybe apps are optimized to work with the newer hardware and updated for the newer hardware, requiring more power, but they don't want to spend man-hours optimizing for the older hardware

Not going to lie, made me kek.
Both Apple and Google are shitty companies, albeit for different reasons

>maybe they want sheeps to buy new jPhones
kekkles

>iphone 5

>shit battery
>shit resolution
>shit screen size
>shit camera (2016 standards)
>toddler OS
>phone is front heavy so it lands on the glass usually

What brand is the battery? I need a new one for my 6 plus

'▬'

>android oems release phone
>dirt cheap ones ignored as soon as they're sold
>flagship ones supported for 2 years by which point 3rd party roms already prove older phones wouldnt be able to handle newest version

>applel makes 2 phones a year
>can't even put forth the effort to trim down latest OS for 2+ year old phones
>releases it for them anyway and let the update kill the phone to force cuckstomers to buy another

Bravo.

>Maybe apps are optimized to work with the newer hardware and updated for the newer hardware, requiring more power, but they don't want to spend man-hours optimizing for the older hardware

Yeah, do you know how they do that dipshit? By setting a compiler flag on the latest releases to favor the latest versions and artificially hobble older architectures/phones.

It's like Intel compilers screwing AMD cpus all over again. Best thing is, there's no way to outright prove it because we don't have access to any code. It's bullshit.

I'm ok with this if it makes android better than the steaming pile of shit it is now

Srsly does anyone benefit from Android being open source?

I own a 5 and I'm glad. But user you forget one little thing. Micro SD storage. I'm thinking of going to android for freedom and better screen.

App sizes and cache is increasing. Your phone is dead user.

>shitty a5 SoC and 512 mb ram
Vs
>superior A6 and 1GB ram

Just look at any video showing an iPhone 5 on iOS 10. Rock solid.
The 4 and 4S are some of the worst iPhones Apple has made. Glass panels that easily crack, antennagate, low ram, small screen size for their time, etc.

I bet you also think that double-blind studies are perfect. People will convince themselves that something is different and by extension wrong, when shown an alternative. Your graph would have validity if people were using one iPhone for an extended period of time in the absence of seeing that there is a new iPhone on the horizon.

All this shows is blind consumerism, which is likely perpetuated by women. Since intrinsically they pursue newer shinier things to acquire, while internally criticizing themselves and her possessions.

"youre retarded if you're more successful than me"

Good. Freetards always ruin everything.

>Only thing you can resort to is name calling
>calling others childish
Pick two
Not my fault you spent money foolishly. Say, you want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn? I got a really good deal for you.

>The 4 and 4S are some of the worst iPhones Apple has made

Oh shut up you fucking dingus. I suppose in 5 years you'll be saying the iPhone 7 was one of the worst phones ever made just because there will be something more up to date available.

kek

>you spent money foolishly
>coming from an iToddler

lmao

>iPhone 5
>Still supported and runs better than its competitors of its time
Pick two

A 2013 phone lasting 16 hours in 2016. I fucking call bullshit.

4 year old Nexus 4 with CM13.
Constant updates and the phone still works great.

>Spending $200x4 over 4 years
>vs my one time purchase of $400

Gee I don't know. Sounds like you're the cuck who can't manage money.

But the 7 does suck. No headphone port. Don't lump me with other applefags. Removing such a port at this time is still 3ish years too early.

What I'd like is if they offered Android Pro. A closed version that's improved. But also have Android open. Basically the same android as before but still open. Think of it as a dual boot device.

Bait 2 strong

>Great phone
It was until 6 months after released when Sense 5.5 and 6.0 FUCKED IT IN THE ASS.

>iFaggots buy iPhones every year for incremental update

if you went outside you would know

Do you not care about the environment?

So close to quads/quints

>> get brand new battery from amazon for cheap
>> replace it in about 5 minutes
It was here that you revealed you are not a normal iToddler. Most iPhone users would rather pay $700 for a new phone than replace a battery.

I thought iPhones couldn't have there batteries switched?

What Android phone is just 20 bucks?

He forgot to convert USD to rupees

>I thought iPhones couldn't have there batteries switched?
exactly

Yeah, he's a delusional poorfag iToddler.

Yeah no. Releasing a phone that horrible is inexcusable. Why would they try to fuck customers like that. Fuck apple.

This is Apple we're talking about, are you aware?
They are the king of fucking their customers up the ass.

>
test

No phone has the battery soldered into the phone. All phones with "non-removable" batteries are just phones with cases that aren't readily removable and with batteries clamped or screwed in. How else do you think mall-tier phone repair people are able to switch out your battery.

Jesus. I didn't know people on Sup Forums were this easily fooled by anti-shills.

Poo in loo tier phones.

Also still using my iPhone 5, will wait with iOS 10 though, experience says that it's a bad idea to update right away with major releases.

I think the nice part about it is that it's so easily repairable. I know they have the opposite reputation, no idea why exactly, but all parts are easily available for cheap, there are retard proof tutorials and dozens of videos on how to do anything.

I'm not sure I would buy a new one though, the prices are ridiculous in Europe. Thanks brexit and refugees.

Well said, iPajeet!

iCucks

Cucked

Again

>not using Android
>continues to not use Android
>still not using Android
>says Android is shit

Did I miss the part where you used Android somewhere so you could compare?

> CM13
OP clearly said "no chink shit"

I never said poorfag. Just iToddler.

lmao

It's the same every time a major update gets released. There are so many millions of devices updated that there's always some hysterical cunt who is incapable to backup before updating. In the end nobody remembers the "major headaches".

Poo in the fucking loo Pajeet.

True to an extent in the past because jobs was an asshole. However at least he knew what to make or at least show people that they needed it. Cook not so much. Even with him as CEO I still get the feeling from him that he does care but that he isn't completely in control of the company and that he has a second in command authority to it. From my time of using Apple products from a kid till now (system VII-macOS and iOS) I have had little complaints about how things performed. In most cases I actively chose the Mac system over Windows 95/98 or XP.

What I'm getting at is that even as an applefag (I have the latest non-retina MBP, an iPad mini and a 5), I don't like the new shit Apple sells these days. All of my products are from 2012 a year after jobs died but still well within any timeframe he undoubtedly had laid out for the company in his last year of living. The watch? Shit and gaudy for everything currently. The iPad pro? Needs to run some slimmed down version of OS X/macOS, until then a meme. The humpback charge case, pencil and mouse that has the charge port on the bottom. Ugly and stupid design choices. No headphone port? Very bold risky decision that likely should be done 2-3 years from now. The soldered thinned out MBPs and 12" MB? Yes they look nice and are powerhouses for their size. But why so fucking thin and locked down? The trashcan? Stupid as fuck and looks like a fire waiting to happen.

Granted I'm one of the few applefags that would use android but don't since I don't like Google, pajeet coders, and OEMs that don't maintain products. I also have about a thousand dollars put into iTunes over the last decade. So I want to use those purchases.

Literally no one answered OP, fucking stupid Android fags, try answering these:

Show me a 4 year old Android that officially supports 7.0 (not some indian botnet custom rom that shits itself every 2 minutes), jesus, is there even a 4 year old android that supports 6.0? even fucking 5.0? That's a fucking joke.

Moto e 2nd gen LTE for VM - brand new from Walmart. Previous phone before that was LG F3, which might have been closer to $50.

Nobody cares, redditfuck iTard.

Thinkpad uses relevant software capable of actually running stuff other than facebook and Itunes, 2X more powerful and 1/4'th the cost. your turn.

this post made me go back and watch those.

... thank you based user.

>2X more powerful and 1/4'th the cost. your turn
[citation required]
> your turn

Ah right, the OP, we could say they both have something of an excuse because smartphones are actually somewhat new so the hardware has been expanding quickly, I don't think we'll really know a good comparison for another 10 years; with that said doesn't apple have a history of planned obsolescence and abandoned hardware?

There are no walmarts here and the Moto E is at least >100 EUR.

>Thinkpad uses relevant software capable of actually running stuff other than facebook and iTunes

Right because professionals NEVER use Mac's

Ever.

>2X more powerful and 1/4'th the cost. your turn.

Not true

Then why are you droidcucks throwing a fit over obvious but valid shitposting for a 4 year old idevice? Does someone using technology different than you trigger some malformed autistic part of your brain?
And with 1/8th the battery life.