Windows 10 is fucking garbage

I'm at a new residence and my roommate has this excellent set of expensive speakers that have Bluetooth connection. He allowed me to use if I want. So today, I picked up a USB BT dongle and have been trying to connect to this set of jap speakers for the past fucking hour!

I'm always getting the same fucking error: "The Passcode isn't right".

THERE IS NO FUCKING PASSCODE ON A SET OF BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS!

He connects his Mac laptop just fine. He connects his iPhone just fine. I connect my Android phone just fine.

But this fucking piece of shit Lenovo with Win10 just can't connect.

WTF do I do?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/bluetooth-passcode-isnt-right/f52c9c27-0231-4cd8-99ca-7adeee44af7b?auth=1
amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B009ZIILLI/
support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4007183
youtube.com/watch?v=toIICnuscHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

did you put in 0000

defaults are often 0000, 1111, etc

I can't even get to that screen bro... this is what I get.

It think it's a set of headphones... fine... doesn't matter. But it won't do shit with it.

>He fell for the winshit 10 meme

try updating your bluetooth driver and reboot, try again

I did that. one of the first things I did was to go on the dongle manufacturer's website and download 150MB driver pack. Rebooted, Win10 says it's all fine but I still get the same error.

Pic related.

Fuck :(

HAHAHAHAHA

Just went on MS support forums and...

HOLY SHIT GUISE... MEMES ARE FUCKING REAL!

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/bluetooth-passcode-isnt-right/f52c9c27-0231-4cd8-99ca-7adeee44af7b?auth=1

Look at the name of 3 MS support people!

Install Gentoo

why? i'm not autistic.

and you never will be

>ALL PAJEETS

And the saddest part is that none of the Pajeets even gave a proper answer. All of their answers are basic Win troubleshooting that never does anything anyway.

RIP microsoft

Isn't bluetooth dead? I thought we were going to replace it with WiFi Direct

>Isn't bluetooth dead

A pass code is probably being saved somewhere. Check your registry. No idea where in the registry though.

There's no passcode. Speaker has no passcode (confirmed by directly connecting like 4 diff devices). And there's nothing in registry.

I might try Linux next to see if that can connect... but Linux looks like shit and I don't even know how to use it.

Fucking hell man... nothing fucking works,

fuck i hate weeaboos
they are disrespectful to the culture, stupid, and not even willing to put in some time to learn
fuck off to the weird anime board where you came from you scum

>fuck i hate weeaboos
goes on anime board and complains about anime.

that's like going on faggot.com/forum/tech and complaining about faggots there.

you;re a fucking moron. go back to plebbit

Nigga did you just use a rage face in fucking 2016

i just picked the 1st pic on jewgle images. sorry.

you should've post a confused looking anime girl with question marks on her head

With your problem, did you tried other bluetooth device on that crap10? so you could rule out if it's the speaker itself or the whole bluetooth system in the crapdows that's fucked up.

btw, not saying the speaker is wrong, the only bad thing there is the w10, but sometimes that piece of shit just say "fuck this thing in particular"

we did more tests.

1) dongle's fine. we plugged it into my roommate's mac, disabled built-in BT and used the dongle. it connected to speakers just fine and played the audio.

2) speakers are fine. we connected a myriad of diff iOS/android/osx devices from ppl on our floor. they all worked.

3) file transfer between android and dongle on OSX works fine. not so on Win 10.

4) when I plug it into my Win10, it can't recognize speakers and won't work even though WIn10 says everything's fine. the dongle has all the drivers.

I've basically given up at this point. not even those Pajeets on MS forums can give you an answer.

OSX and Android bluetooth stacks try a few default pins.

Windows doesn't by default so you need the pin. Look it up.

>Windows doesn't by default so you need the pin. Look it up.

this guy had the same issue few months back:

Look at the responses he got from MS.

There is no screen to plug in passcodes. There is no way for me to try anything.

after BT dongle finds the speakers, it tells me to set them up. after I click the button, I get this screen: There's nothing to plug in or try. Just hitting the setup/connect button brings up the same screen.

IT'S DEAD, JIM.

Win10 = total fucking shit.

Try using the software that came with the driver install

Don't know what to tell you.
I have ran into the same problems with Window's bluetooth stacks and had to install 3rd party bluetooth stacks just to get shit to connect.

Its garbage.

>Try using the software that came with the driver install
We tried that. You know what it does when you run software from the driver? It opens Win10 Settings -> Devices -> BT dialog.

If you fuck around with Advanced options, there's really nothing in there that would allow you to connect/setup a device.

I spent $25 on this dongle and it won't work. It's also not dongle's problem since it does work. I haven't tried Win7 but don't have Win7 handy since I left it at home.

>I have ran into the same problems with Window's bluetooth stacks and had to install 3rd party bluetooth stacks just to get shit to connect.
It's fucking crazy. It's not like I'm asking it do something fancy... just to connect to a damn speaker. Every mobile devices we tried worked. Mac worked. Win10 won't work.

I know how to fix your problem.

Step one:
pic related

Notice the remove device. Remove yours.
Whether it removed it or didn't it doesn't matter, because it is lying to you....

Step two:
pic related

That fucking dirty rat. You may need to view>show hidden devices.

>Remove device
Wish I could user, wish I could. Problem is that the device isn't paired :( I can't remove it because I can't add it in the first place. When I hit Pair, I get that blue screen above.

There's no way for me to get to that screen.

Hey, we have the same chip inside of our BT dongle! Broadcom.

I see you connected it to a keyboard. I don't have a BT keyboard to try it with but maybe it would work. Try connecting speakers.

Yeah it is like a best seller on amazon. Cheap and it works. Not the best of range, but good enough for most purposes. Mine had the problem were it wouldn't connect and had to be removed from device manager before it would let me pair again.

You can generally make Linux look however you want might be able to find some stuff that you just download and install or something.
There's allot of user-friendly versions of the major distributions allot of people to like Ubuntu(Debian),Manjaro(arch) and Mint (I don't know honestly)
I find arch more straight forward and less cumbersome underneath which is more my thing, however that said you'll probably get more "easy and less complicated" answers on the surface level with Ubuntu.

>BT dongle
Also I forgot to mention that I didn't download any separate drivers. Windows 10 recognized my dongle right away.

amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B009ZIILLI/

Interesting. Yeah, it's fucking weird. After reading more threads on MS forum, it seems to be a systemic issue with MS and speakers. Win10 just doesn't work with them.

Oh well, I wasted few hours of my life on bullshit.

>Also I forgot to mention that I didn't download any separate drivers. Windows 10 recognized my dongle right away.
Yep. Same here. It set it up right away. It's just that it didn't work and I went to grab drivers from the dongle manufacturer's site to see if it would make a difference. It didn't.

And people still insist on using 10. Boggles the mind.

Thanks for the advice. Installing Linux will be my this weekend project. I got too much shit to do tomorrow and on Friday.

I gotta learn command line too so Linux will be perfect for that.

Which distro is easiest to setup so it works with Windows?

It's fucking garbage. I installed it because it was free and there were so many threads on here how great it is. It fucking sucks.

As someone on 10, I don't know what the hell they're smoking.
Direct X 12 doesn't matter yet.
Windows 10 hurts, problems and headaches everywhere.
I like the flat theme with dark personally but theirs better looking windows seven mod themes.
It's "meh" with pain

What do you mean works with windows?
I might not really know, I use them independent from each-other.
When choosing which distribution to go with look into them heavily so you can pick what works for you.

I started with arch (trial by fire kind-of of guy) and after trying to migrate to Debian and being put off by how all the managers and stuff worked went back.

Debian is the most popular however, Steam OS uses it, I think it's the most used and Ubuntu is based on it so that might be a better investment desktop wise.

Fedora might (no experience on my part) be good for getting your feet wet before having to deal with red-hat which (unless things have changed) is on most major servers.

>What do you mean works with windows?
I need to be able to back into Win after I install Linux. I heard that some don't work with UEFI bullshit and your Win partition is killed. I need Windows because of all the programs & email etc.

As for distro, I'm thinking Ubuntu or Mint... heard good things about both.

>Having roommates
deserved it tbqh senpai

>bluetooth speakers
>non wired speakers
fell for the meme it's your fault.

hey, OP, have you tried this yet?

support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4007183

I think Grub took care of that but I haven't had to install it on anything with the newer UEFI stuff so all of the details are lost on me.
Only negative I heard lately was windows 10 trying to fuck with it because Microsoft doesn't like competition.
Grub is the only one I have experience with, seems to be the most popular and most sported as well.

Install gentoo

Nope, haven't tried it. Hope it works with Win10! Will try it tomorrow AM when I get up. Too tired right now.

Thanks for the advice user!

hey, man, try the Toshiba stack before you try anything first
This helped me setup a my bluetooth earpieces that couldn't connect to windows due to a similar issue (always the wrong code, but I never get a code prompt)

>hey, man, try the Toshiba stack before you try anything first
Thank you!

I saw this: youtube.com/watch?v=toIICnuscHk

Seems like it's an involved process... since you have to trick it that you have a Toshiba,

Can confirm my gnu/linux lenovo laptop connects to all kinds of audio devices over bluetooth just fine.

oh, I linked the latest version, but the modified DLLs you see floating around might be for different versions of the stack, so you just select the one you need on that page.

Had a similar problem with a chink bt mouse not long ago. Turned out I had to hold left+middle+right buttons while turning it on enable auto pair mode.

tldr: device's fault in my case, not win10

Instead of fixing this problem consider suicide, weeb degenerate.

>Sachin Venkatesh
>Deepika Gowda
>Sangeeta Sarkar
kek

Use windows 7 bluetooth has been fucked up since they changed it in wangblows 8

or use a real OS

Today was the last straw Sup Forums. I'm going to 7 again. There has been a steep drop in quality with 10. I'd use it otherwise, but it's far too buggy.
Windows 10 has been draining my battery compared to a couple of months ago for no apparent reason (it's Enterprise edition without AU).
It has been slow to wake up and extremely slow to go to sleep whenever it feels like it, regardless of the decent hardware.
So today I had to use it for a bit, then I put it back in the bag and now that I come home I see that the laptop didn't go to sleep, so I restart it open up Aida64 and see that everything is at 50' C and half the battery is gone.

le rage face xdd

It's just a driver issue dude. No os is perfect

You mean GNU/Linux?

10 seems to have a lot of those

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

0000 default passcode idiot

Also don't blame the OS or manufacturer for a USER ERROR. I have a Lenovo Windows 10 laptop and NO problems well not anymore since I disabled updates

read the fucking thread you stupid shill

Mint is based off ubuntu. Mint 18 is based off ubuntu 16.04

>Windows 10 has been draining my battery compared to a couple of months ago for no apparent reason (it's Enterprise edition without AU).
Same here. Win10 uses about 20% more of battery. Before, I could get through the day on a single charge and now I have to charge 2x a day. It's Win10's fault.

Well, seems like quite a pickle to me. Might as well just kill yourself. Might fix the issue. Report back after and tell us if it worked.

in windows 10 how do i make the search work properly, i can't even search for shortcuts i made on my desktop from the search on the taskbar

Please help

>Sup Forums hates Windows 10
>Sup Forums continues to use Windows 10

>Sup Forums is one person.
OK retard

Reset your indexer.

Classic shell or Everything + Launchy

Gotta love that 9gag meme ontop of the minecraft character

You mean rebuild it?

Unfortunately, this driver won't install on a non-Toshiba PC.

Honestly it's probably a driver issue, like most things are with windows

semi related reply
my winshit8.1 doesnt recognise my programs installed on my HDD when searching for them. While it does recognise that I have them on my OS SSD.

That other location isn't indexed. Search for indexing options and add that program-folder to the list.

i think that done it. More file are indexed now.
How long with take before I can search for programs? Does it need a restart?

No need to restart. Give it at least 10-15 minutes.

>using bluetooth devices
>not avoiding wireless wherever possible

I know... fucking kids these days...

Sup Forums tech support reporting in
Let me google search for you winbabies

>all this autism in one (1) post

I really hope that this is a carefully crafted bait.

Has nothing to do with kids user. An occasion in which wireless is the preferable solution is much rarer than you think. In most cases, just a few bucks can get you a wired solution that's unobtrusive and functionally superior. Like powerline ethernet.

I bet you still clutch to serial ports and floppy drives, gramps.

and I bet you have a fag crush on Tim Cook for Apple AirPods, even though equal audio quality 3,5mm in-ear phones are like $30.

>like wireless
>must be applel shill
go to bed gramps. go burn a few CDs and play them in your CD player. or are you still using vinyl?

What do old people, CDs and vinyls have to do with every single wireless standard being unreliable shit? Are you retarded?

haha le epic rage face xD

underageb& being tech illiterate, what else is new

Why are the error messages typed out like they were written by a teenage girl?

>written by a teenage girl
Given the state of microsoft today, they might as well be written by a teenage girl (probably an indian one).

>neo-Sup Forums continues to use Windows 10
Fixed

hehexd

>with every single wireless standard being unreliable shit? Are you retarded?
I've been using Wi-Fi exclusively for 5 years without any issues.

Quit buying cheap chink shit you old man and it will work. When you buy chink shit, of course it's unreliable and doesn't work you motherfucking retard.

Should I keep sticking with W7 for work and W8.1 for vidya then?

>That didn't work
>That didn't work

stick to win7.

Pro, Enterprise or Server?