Massive push towards 4K displays

>massive push towards 4K displays
>streaming services barely provide 1080p
>playing modern games at 4K with maxed settings is going into 1080 / Titan SLi territory

Where's the rush?

Just wait till they start pushing 8k or higher when market saturation for 4k is meet

I just got a free 50 inch 1080p tv for my new apartment and now everything goes 4K. Figures...

Everyone has 1080p led ips displays already do you expect them to cut production and sales until more 4k content is avaliable?

>no one has hardware for 4k
>no one makes 4k content
>no one buys hardware for 4k
etc. etc.

>going into 1080 / Titan SLi territory

what are you, fuckin poor?

4K is unnecessary unless you want to sit with the screen in your face or have a huge panel. My 46HX850 at a distance of 6 feet is considered "retina" territory.

Capitalism, literally.

DVD quality
>good for chick flicks
720P
>good for most movies
1080p
>good for sci fi or fantasy movies with a lot of effects
>who cares???
>Ummm we stopped caring last meme resolution

4K for computers I can totally understand.

Everything looks great, not to mention if you have a big monitor the real-estate is fantastic.

I can't tolerate lesser monitors anymore.

4k televisions I don't get. Most broadcasters haven't even adpoted 1080p yet.

>4K for computers I can totally understand.
I don't. I see no point in going 4K and turning all the visual affects off. 1080P at full AA and other settings looks better to me.

Only thing good about 4K and beyond is for VR.

>the only use for a monitor is NETFLIGX and GAYMEN
I forgot this was Sup Forums

Ever heard of this type of content called "text"?

>dumb ass has never done any work on a computer

>Being content with anything less than 1080p ever

>I see no point in going 4K and turning all the visual affects off.

Poorfag

It's about as "rushed" as the "HD" move was, to be honest.

2006 is when 1080p TVs, displays, and more began being railroaded into production and people's homes. Same year Blu-Ray and HD DVD really hit the market too. A year later, Crysis wasn't really possible at 1080p with jacked up settings unless you had a mega-rig. My HD 3870 couldn't really touch it. 4K for the home was introduced with 4K streaming/offline content, too. And as with Blu-Ray/HD DVD/1080p content in 2006, it wasn't really accessible to the average person in their living room. Right now, we're getting more and more 4K content, and better and better mainstream/enthusiast computer hardware to handle the new resolution. Hell, I can run some semi-modern games at 4k these days with my RX 480 (Maybe not at jacked up settings, but still).

Things are progressing as they did before. Stop whining.

>Poorfag
Yeah, I am. Want to offer me an accounting job? I'm in Pittsburgh and have been looking for months.

Wake me up when 4K 120Hz is attainable on new games.

>I'm in Pittsburgh and have been looking for months.

Move to where the work is senpai.

>implying computers are only for muh gaymz

>Pittsburgh

Yooooo. Shitsburgh bro.

Right outside McKeesport, here.

4K is a fucking meme pushed hard by Sup Forums

>Right outside McKeesport, here.
I'm actually in North Braddock.

Blame nvidia. Just when 4k 60fps is getting attainable, they cut sli support down to 2. We could have 100 fps 4k by now.

All those normies itt only caring about gaymes and movies
and not seeing that the real advantages 4k offers are sharper text and increased work space

There will always be something holding back technology. If we would constantly not progress because some piece of hardware isnt ready for it yet we would still be stuck on 480p and vhs.

I prefer additional monitors to a single huge screen when it comes to productivity. And sharper text only happens if screen scaling works properly, which is still patchy on many operating systems. At the end of the day, a 1440p monitor of typical desktop size, without scaling, is the limit of what my eyes can comfortably read.

thats why it was free lol

User interfaces and literally anything but >muh gayyyyyyyms and mooveeees profit from 4K at this very moment

>gaming shit
what board is this

VR. VR needs 4K.

Everyone is making VR now - Intel, Microsoft, Sony, Facebook.
VR is the nearest future, portable VR is a near future, people with headsets in the streets is a close future.

>I prefer additional monitors to a single huge screen
>typical desktop size
what do you consider huge and typical?
for me 2-3 27" 4k monitors are the perfect solution at the moment
$500 for a decent quality one is also quite a reasonable price point right now

27" 1440p is near the limit my eyes can comfortably see before scaling. A 4K screen would need to be about 24" with 2x scaling, 32" with 1.5x scaling, or 48" with no scaling, to have the same readability. I could handle a 32" inch screen without losing ergonomics, but 1.5x scaling is pretty poor on most operating systems. Bigger than that and it's uncomfortable.

This technology has been stagnating for a decade now, that's why we're in a rush

that sounds like you should rather look into getting glasses than a new monitor

got a 4k cheap vizio and a xbone s and a 4k blu ray. it looks amazing. such a difference when the screen is big.

>1080p 144hz/1440p 144hz

OR

>4k 60hz.

WHY

144hz 4k WHEN?

I have an Asus 4k monitor and use a 1080 ftw and I get 60fps on pretty much everything

Probably in 2018 with the new graphic cards lineup

3440x1440 masterrace