Pc build for arma 3, a badly coded game

hey Sup Forums i love this game but have never been able to play it properly thanks to my toaster hardware but i'm getting a few bucks soon so if you were going to build a pc specifically for arma 3 what parts would you chose?

thank you.

Get a nice macbook pro.
Pick the retina one for brilliant game experience.

t. Apple Genius

I concur with this fellow. Nothing tops the performance and portability of a Macbook Pro with Retina display. You'll be the envy of all your friends.

t. Fellow Apple Genius. (NYC)

As much single-threaded performance as possible.
I.e. an i7-6700K with a good motherboard and a powerful cooler. Then overclock it to 4.9GHz and enjoy 33fps.

Arma actually uses only 2 cores. So what you want to have is CPU with high GHz. Ram is actually not very important. A mediocre gpu is actually okay for this gane

okay so wouldn't a dual core be better then a quad?

I bet these guys aren't even Apple Geniuses.
Pah.

Get a decent Macbook Pro Retina (Tm) (C) and enjoy Arma III on the go, thanks to our ultra portable machine.

t. Apple Genius (SF)

Oh the trollan. Can't you guys be nice and just tell him to fuck off to Sup Forums or Sup Forumssqt/ ?

you're going to get funny jokesters poking fun and pretty much any board its not really a big deal.
giving me bumps.

Eww, video games. Buy Alienware I don't know like the fuck lol to be honest family.

You don't need a powerful PC to run ArmA, just find a proper server that doesn't lock framerate.

i'm posting from an alienware

i don't play online.

this is false.

Arma is heavily dependent on disk speed. You definitely need a fast ssd. If you already have one, install arma on it to test. I bet you will be amazed by performance increase.

Or, if you can, buy a fuckton of ram and install arma on a ram disk.

>Sup Forums - Technology

>Sup Forums - Gaming*

> Sup Forums - GPUs

like the other guy said, get 32GB of RAM and install Arma onto a ram disk. runs sweet.

a NVidia GTX 1070 with 8GB of video ram will do the job.

6700k has better single thread perf than 6600k for example

arma on a ram sounds funny

yea i don't have a ssd but its definitely on my list.

if i install it on ram will it take load off the cpu?

i really want the Intel Core i7-4790K but its a bit pricey for me.

do you think the i3-4370 would still give me some good power? it only has 2 cores and arma uses 4 but 2 with huge loads and then 2 are wasted with small operations.

what kind of autist plays singleplayer arma

>if i install it on ram will it take load off the cpu?

no but it will cut down on stuttering massively as loading times are effectively zero.

what gamemode? 100+ player server or small missions with your community?

get an apple

seriously

an autistic one?

isnt ssd basically ram?

how much would 32gb of ram cost?

single player

yea I've already posted on all of those

i'm trying to get as much input as i can.

Fuck off manchild

you post on a technology board on an anime image website

that insult doesn't really work here guy.

Get a Sabertooth motherboard.
Get a compatible Intel processor, like an i5 or i7.
Max out the ram.
Buy a non-shitty video card.

I get about 70fps average on a 6700k with a gtx 970. Get the fastest processor you can get and overclock it if you can afford the cooling required. You probably won't hit the 4.9 GHz mark with a 6700k, mine is running pretty stable at 4.55

>Ram is actually not very important
It's important for arma.

7700k + faster ram you can get.