Near end 2016

>Near end 2016
>Still no crack for UltraHD BluRay
>Still no way of playing it on a PC even when you actually buy it

Only alternative is 4k Netflix but its bitrate is shit, so it looks worse than 1080p bluray.

Is this the end? Are we gonna be stuck on 1080p forever?

>UltraHD Bluray
>may have to connect to the internet to play your movie
DOA

>A:10
>V:10
>M:6
>great quality, thanks Yify!

I hardly see any reason to go beyond 1080 unless you have a 300cm television.

1080p is like the 44.1/48k of video.

use normal .mkv and .mp4 files, also isn't there HEVC H.265?

mkv and mp4 are just containers, just like zip or rar files. They have nothing to do with encoding

ive heard hevc has trouble retaining film grain and details that x264 does at large sizes.

No-one has yet to care about ultraHD bluray though

Never even heard of it before now

Test to post on Sup Forums when?

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? OP is asking about the status of 4K BluRay. Where do you think movies come from?

Release groups have been stripping HDCP from UHD blurays for some time now, which should have enough quality. For a true crack don't hold your breath, it has less attraction to crackers than fucking Vita. Maybe weeb crackers will be interested when 4k animus start appearing

Is this real?

Do we have film DRM now?

just put your uhd bluray in a mkv and play it mkvs play everything

this 2bh

those h264 hdmi capture rips are shit compared to hevc.

>now

Most if not all 4k HDCP rips I saw was HEVC. Current advantage of HEVC over h264 is size not quality, x264 is a much better encoder than x265

>just put your uhd bluray
That's the point, dipshit, HOW to do it. You can't.

>mkvs play everything
This makes absolutely no sense. MKV is a container format. It doesn't play anything and and a device/software that supports MKV won't magically be able to play every codec in existence out of nothingness.

What the hell do you think DVDs and normal blurays had before??

Just less advanced DRM.

I'm surprised how poorly UHD Blu ray is marketed. Never seen a TV ad, no hype on mainstream media or social, only neck beards on home theatre forums seem to care about it.

Not even Sony seems to care, they didn't put UHD-BR playback in PS4 Pro

Because they have its own streaming service that provides what they call '4k'

It's a mess just like Blu-ray was. I wish HD-DVD won, we would have had cheaper discs, no region locking, a clear concise roadmap for improvement and Toshiba's players were top notch. Some of the early BD players are unusable.

I'd say no one but a few have the hardware to *really* care.

Any decent 1080p blu ray rip will look better than that piece of shit streamed 4k Netflix is offering.

But at the viewing distance of normal TVs 4k isn't that noticeable. It's noticeable, but not like an SD->Full HD "epiphany".

Besides Blu ray itself is not really used. Most normies I know stream from Netflix, buy DVDs or stream from some shady illegal russian streaming site.

I for once have a P2415Q and would love proper 4k material, but I don't have a GPU that can playback HEVC 4k and no one seems to upload any interesting H.264 4k stuff.

A lot of the "UHD" blurays released are just professionally upscaled trash anyway

any 4k uhd bluray television series releases yet?

I thought most of the 4k releases were 35mm rescans which actually looked pretty decent.

But I've read most special effects scenes are just upscaled.