Pokemon GO blocked on jailbroken/rooted devices

Is it okay for a company to try to force you to remove jailbreak/root from your device in order to play? Niantic essentially just banned users from playing the game (you could play the game for 2 months without any problem).

I'm not willing to work around this issues (magisk etc) just because it's a matter of principle.

What an ass move. Who else does shit like this so I can avoid them in the future? Should I install gentoo on my phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

apkmirror・com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-35-0-release/pokemon-go-0-35-0-android-apk-download/download/
digitaltrends.com/gaming/pokemon-go-decline-player-numbers/
intelligence.slice.com/pokemon-gos-paying-population-dropped-79-percent-still-profitable-mobile-game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off itoddler

Why are people still playing this? It's the most boring piece of shit I ever played

get out
no one above the age of 10 should care about pokemon

Played it while I was on vacation in Orlando (Universal Studios Isle of Adventures) and had fun since there was alot of people and pokemon but, back home now and haven't played it since.

No, this is illegal. They're required by law to let anyone do anything to the service they offer for free. They aren't allowed to shut it down either, because this is Russia and Putin will force them to keep it running.

>I'm not willing to work around this issues (magisk etc) just because it's a matter of principle.

There's an easier way around this, I think. The dev behind Magisk says that the reason why his system is able to circumvent Pokemon Go and Android Pay's "Safety Net" is because they check to see if su is in the system path. So simply move /system/bin/su and /system/xbin/su somewhere else while you're playing Pokemon Go, and move them back when you need root for something. You could probably write a script to handle it for you.

That said, if it's a matter of principle, you can always enjoy something else.

It doesn't matter since the block is ineffective anyway

lucky patcher didn't work, so I quit in 5 sec.

thank god this game is shit anyways.

Why are people still playing this game? It's ridiculously boring and monotone
Are they just waiting for an update that will include actual battles?
Why couldn't they just make the same GameBoy game but with actually walking around instead?

Why? Well, that's because Pokemon GO is actually based off another game nobody played.

It uses the same mechanics and same dataset for locations, it was basically a reskin for something that failed hard.

Dude, its their software, they are allowed to do what god damn they want with it, if they want it to be an OS, given for free and full of telemetry and spywares and rootkits, they do.

Now back to /vg/

Are you talking about Ingress? Because that game is infinitely superior

This game would have been considered malware before the smartphone era

>bot in computer background for a few days
>level 32 with good pokes
>flood the map with blue gyms

Works on my machine™
You didn't have to update, just downgrade to the previous version it still works. Or mask root, it takes only a minute to do so.

>Pokemon GO
>relevant
It's dead senpai.

The hype is over. Quit and move onto something else.

I played pokemon go at work where we had 4 pokestops together. Got banned for cheating. This is why i don't play video games, it's a gimmick for children to keep their mind busy due to them being so shallow.

apkmirror・com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-35-0-release/pokemon-go-0-35-0-android-apk-download/download/

I also got fucked. You can downgrade to 0.35 and it will work until they forbid users from using an outdated apk.
There's a bunch of bad reviews on Google play so hopefully the lock will be canceled.

they're killed all free bots if I remember correctly

rip necrobot, you were the reason why I had hope on C#

I got a weird message in Brazilian that should go back to 0.35 .. I hope Brazil do something to "let them know" about it They are good with those things
>If you know what I mean

There are bots that still work flawlessly.

I started using about 3 weeks ago, I also haven't been banned yet.

>I couldn't cheat and actually had to go outside and move so I quit

Are you retarded?

He's talking about having a rooted/jailbroken phone.
It has nothing to do with cheating.

>I'm not willing to work around this issues (magisk etc) just because it's a matter of principle.

It's just a fad user. Even normies have moved on to something else or go back to their Instagram/Twitter/Facebook.

>Because that game is infinitely vaporware
Fixed that for you

this t b h

can you give the name of the bot?

checked

Oh fuck sorry, I checked his github now and it's been taken down.
It was NoxxDev

That too

It's fun. I'm getting a secondary phone just for the game

YOU MUST DIE.

Install Flex 2 or 3 in Cydia and look for "Hide Jailbreak" under Pokemon Go in the installed programs tab.

Android cucks don't have anything like Flex.

if course we do, it's called root cloak

Cydia is a skin Debian Package Manager.
Cydia Substrate is similar to Xposed Framework.
FLEX is like Cheat Engine with a built in package manager for user sharing of hacks.

Android has far fewer tweaks on Xposed than Cydia has, and they are distributed through a central distribution channel, as opposed to the debian package manager backend that Cydia uses.

All iOS needs is F-Droid.
RIP DESU Senpai centralized app store controlled by Apple.

Game is dead. Hype and players gone. Gets boring and tedious after a while. At least it makes you exercise.

It needs more content. It's a good foundation, but there's no substance. Why do they not want cheaters? You can't interact with others where cheating would give you an advantage. Gyms, yeah, but eh.

I'm sure it's to protect their shekels, but they should update the game instead. Plus, the IAP are fine. It's not pay to win, not like there's anything to win. The only thing is the incubators which just save time, the eggs are by luck anyways.

There's my analysis. In conclusion, it doesn't matter because it's a video game and all the points are pointless and you should kill yourself. Thank you.

Oh, lay an egg.

How can the app even detect whether you're rooted or not? Don't you need to permit it root access first?

I dunno, but it's not the only one. TWC app has disallowed rooted users for years

Yeah and no one over the age of 10 should get enjoyment out of watching chinese cartoons depicting underage girls wearing next to nothing, but look where we are.

What an idiotic statement

just install hidemyroot

They can just try to do a su command and see if it works, or they can look for the su binary, apps with even more permissions can also look what other apps ypu have installed and see it you have a root manager

But you can't do a su command without permission?

Doesn't work. The paywall one doesn't either.

su is disabled by default on android, so they can just try to execute and if it works they know the device is rooted even without actually getting root aceess.

I already left my 1 star review on google play

Why does anyone like this game when there are basically no battles?

They aren't. They've lost over 79 percent of their player base, it's dying just like any other mobile game does.

It's still the most profitable for now but its hayday is long over.

No fucking thanks,I don't want a real-life Lavender Town shitstorm kill my ass.

>still playing this dying flavor of the month

>implying there's anything wrong with that.

besides niantic ruining the game even more with their crappy """""updates""""""

Because they enjoy it obviously.

>Pokemon GO blocked on jailbroken/rooted devices
It also doesn't run on any custom rom that can be rooted, you need to go around deleting system binaries
There's no reason to play this shitty game after Niantic showed how little they cared for it, they're trying to finally put the franchise to RIP in peace

>They've lost over 79 percent of their player base

Do you have a source for this?

digitaltrends.com/gaming/pokemon-go-decline-player-numbers/
intelligence.slice.com/pokemon-gos-paying-population-dropped-79-percent-still-profitable-mobile-game/

Kek, I played it for about 1 day after launch, got bored of the constant Pigeys and quit.

Everyone at work was going nuts about it but surprise surprise, 2 weeks later nobody played it any more.

This game really ages like milk, only autists remain

>RIP in peace

>so new

Lurk for 2 years before posting

>paying-population-dropped-79
Not the same as playing population.
Especially as things like bag and storage expansion will be one off or very occasional purchases for most people.

I'm pretty sure that rooted/jailbroken users are never especially considered in apps that don't offer that functionality mostly because it is a tiny portion of the total population and the functionality itself opens up the app to potential exploitation.

I haven't even bothered to root my current phone and don't feel like I have to.

Read the other article, they are bleeding literally millions of players.

Also, the fact that they are stil making money despite losing 79% of paying players shows just how much the game is depending on the whales, which is always a sign of a death spiral

>I'm pretty sure that rooted/jailbroken users are never especially considered in apps that don't offer that functionality mostly because it is a tiny portion of the total population
There's OEM's catering to this population, it's significant
>and the functionality itself opens up the app to potential exploitation.
Only if you're a dev that's completely retarded

They can jew out any restriction they want, it's their freedom. Just like you're free to tell them to fuck off and corcunvent or stop playing.

>what is rootcloak

Rootcloak doesn't work with it

The other article said it dropped 15million of around 45million, which is 33%, not 75%.

>Only if you're a dev that's completely retarded
How do you detect location spoofing apps then? Especially if the user makes sure not to jump between countries/cities faster than humanly possible.

Root cloak doesn't work for me famalam

>what is no device check

Came here just to tell you to kys yourself nigger

Niantic is digging their own grave.

Most of the normies have left that shitty game and I'm pretty sure the autists left playing had some form of root or custom ROM like cyanogenmod.

Fuck em, who fucking cares normie.

>How do you detect location spoofing apps then? Especially if the user makes sure not to jump between countries/cities faster than humanly possible.
Blocking root doesn't block location spoofing apps

That's from 1 month ago, and that was the number of total llayers, not only paying ones

It blocks being able to hide the apps as without root the only way to spoof location is by allowing mock locations, which can be checked for in API.

>It blocks being able to hide the apps as without root the only way to spoof location is by allowing mock locations, which can be checked for in API.
It's not, in the early days it was, there's a plethora of ways to spoof location without getting banned and without root/xposed

They probably can't update the game with better features, because there's some mandate from Nintendo, that they can't do this. While Nintendo doesn't own The Pokemon Company, Nintendo does have something like a 30% stake in it. On top of that, Pokemon to date has been exclusive to Nintendo handhelds and consoles. So if they added new features, it could "potentially" impact handheld and console sales. Which Nintendo is notorious for being absolute against. Literally NavySealsPasta levels of notoriety.

So, Pokemon Go will die.

This tbqfh famalamadingdong

Easy. They want to stop pathetic people like you to use fake GPS to play it and gain advantages.

>everyone playing on a rooted device must be a cheater!
Niantic, please

This has to be b8