I7 6700HQ 2.6GH - 3.5 GHz

>i7 6700HQ 2.6GH - 3.5 GHz
>16g ram
>512g ssd
>NVIDIA GTX960M 2GB DDR5
>4K IPS touch screen display
>dat bezel

Just pulled the trigger on this, did i do good?

no

Good job at not mentioning the price

Why ask after buying it?
I think you didn't buy it, I think you're actually an attention whore or shill.

why they shopped the desktop in?

Looks pretty good.
I'm not really familiar with dell laptops because I only had a shitty acer and macbooks (got free from work).
Do dell ones at least last long? From what I heard thinkpads are the kings of durability no?

>touch screen

kill yourself

>4K display on a laptop that size
>Windows handling scaling and fonts

Enjoy.

"G!!! i bought a consumer electronic tell me how i did!"

Maybe just want to brag have money

Money/Battery wasted with the 4K model but it's overall a very good piece of tech

People here are drones who lack any personality and need the confirmation of anonymous people on the internet for shit they do in their lives.

6 gorillion

>4 minute battery life

Yea exactly I have ThinkPad P50 with a Xeon CPU with same RAM and 4K display but, with a 4GB NVIDIA card and it was over 2K.

It would be foolish to say these threads don't drum up discussions. People will come here to jeer at OP, which is a Sup Forums past-time anyways. As well as ask for advice for their choice too.

nobody gives a shit about your thinkpad, virginman

>960m

My sides.

It has some of the best battery life of any laptop.

These.

I'd prefer a 1080p 75hz IGZO or similar on a 15"

It's 84whr, nigger. Literally a full day with the GPU off

How do you see anything with the gpu off?

You've just got to wear the special glasses

cause brightness is garbage in direct sunlight

Still not a fan of Dell, every time I see laptops with very similar hardware the Dell's are 10-20% cheaper.

That software in those dells are built right into the motherboard, its like the Compaq of 2016

Let me guess, 650-700$

For those specs, probably a lot more than that. I'm guessing 1200$.

I was looking at this too but at the 999 shekles price point id atleast expect a backlit keyboard on the thing.

>$1,485.96

hahahahahaa

no

This, and it needs top/front firing speakers.
Even just little tweeter phone speaker shit down on the bottom edge of the screen with the normal midbass on the bottom would make it better.

The CPU already has a GPU in it, I just turn off the novidya card because I don't do any 3D shit and the battery lasts ~10 hours.

oy veh, using shoahs to buy laptops
laptops aren't as useful as israel

>just bought X
>how did I do?
I hate these retarded threads

And i hate retards like you, doesn't mean you're not allowed to post your retard gibberish all over

You're right, they're better ;^)

on sep 11th there was an ASUS from Newegg for 400 bucks, 4K screen 16 gigs of DDR3 AMD 8700 APU

It got so popular on a certain online retail website that Newegg had to remove it from their own website.

That was a "How did I do"

>don't mention price
>just post specs and a nice looking pic
>implying you're not a shill

If it doesn't have Thunderbolt 3, you're a fucking mook.

Should I disable the NVIDIA GPU? I just assumed it wouldn't run if i'm a reasonable power plan or using battery saver - I only have use for it when gaymen or video/photo editing which I usually do plugged in

>needless 4K touch battery hog display
>overpriced compared to even apple's offerings
>dat dere shit as fuck and awkwardly placed camera to embarrass yourself during video calls and conferences

Not going to approve this one m8

>15,6" screen
Fucking dropped.

>dell
no

Dell is the best brand you fucking applel

What would be an alternative to this? I was actually considering getting this for college and for light gaming. Is the 960m THAT bad? I wouldn't be getting 4k because I can't stand the glare on touch screen laptops.

Alternatively, I was looking at the XPS 13. For $1049 I can get the QHD, touch (ew), 200+gb PCLe SSD, 8gb ram and integrated GPU. Can't upgrade ram or add a dedicated GPU.

Are there better options? I need portable, decent batter life, light gaming, and doesnt look like a brick.

For less than $500, maybe.

Got this laptop for mom a couple weeks ago - except it was the 256GB SSD, 1080p display, and 8GB RAM. Same i7 CPU and 960m GPU.

She'll be using it for Office / Adobe CC and some other basic productivity apps.

By the way, it does have a backlit keyboard.

$705.34 shipped. Did I do good, Sup Forums?

>no trackpoint

I have the "2.5k" display with a touchscreen and the battery lasts me 3 out of my 4 classes that I need it from. Only gripe I have is that the bottom heats up like a motherfucker.

The Dell XPS 15 and 13 have massive hardware, driver and quality control problems. Look around at current owners of he Dell XPS 15 9550 and see the kind of problems I am talking about.

Also new GPUs are coming out soon the 1050 and 1060s.

Nice choice.

Lady friend is going t buy me one of these in the near future. I'm just waiting for the next revision that will hopefully have a pascal nvidia card.

Holy fucking shit Dell makes it obnoxiously impossible to get the model you actually want.

>Want 13" 1080p model with 16GB ram.
>Nope

>Ok then how about the 15" model, i7, 1080p screen AND THE FUCKING 84Wh BATTERY.
>Impossible

Fuck you fucking kikes. I don't want a glossy 4K screen. Why is it impossible to get what I want without having to take the fucking thing apart myself and spend money on ordering the battery separately?

God I hope they somehow cram a 1060 in the XPS15. I hear the TDP is actually 10w higher so that probably won't happen but I can dream.

>4k and a GTX 750ti graphics
its like they designed it for work only

Underrated

>4k TOUCH
fucking shit
I have the 9343, and battery is awesome because I didn't fall for the touch screen meme.
>touch screen on a laptop
Literally WHY

How much does touch screen effect battery life though?

>4k
>960m

I got a better Alienware for that price lol

That recyclebin

>4k on a laptop

But why

How did you get it for this price?!

whats the point of buying mac-like windows laptops? just buy a mac or regular good laptop instead of this fragile shit.

>buy a laptop with powerful cpu
>its constantly underclocked to keep it cool and extend battery life
why are you like this

How the fuck is this "Mac-like"?

How did I do lads?
My only option is a laptop because of my job.

Get one of acers nitro series (vn7-572/592-xxxx)
The frame on those is pretty nice, and the 1080p matte screen has bretty good colours and brightnes
They come with various internals, so make sure u get one with a 6700hq and a 960m

>Not Eurocom
Get gud.

>4k touch on a 2gb 960

Dude

non touch is rated 11 hours
touch is 8
also adds like 2lbs because of glass

Are these built well? They also seem a tad heavy for someone who'd be lugging this around for school.

>960m 2GB
>when the 1060(laptop) wrecks even the 980m
user, I....

>this trend where new laptops have a huge bezel but only on the bottom of the screen making them look like they have a birth defect with their lip when a 16:10 display would look infinitely better in their place and fix this
but NOOOO
I fucking hate consumer electronics.

that chin bezel though

4K displays are dumb on laptops, they waste power and cause lag. This thing also likes to throttle. The better one to get would have been the 1080p model.

> touch
> not 16 x10

Might as well return it. You fucked up bad.

>unncessarily thin
>power cpu thats underclocked because cooling is shit
>meme display

>You GPU in the CPU is better than ur dedicated GPU

>4k meme touch on underpowered GPU

>Buying a laptop without removable ram

>No clitmouse

I NEED HELP.

I have ~$1000 to drop on a laptop. I need something with good battery, non-touch, 13-15", 8gb ram, SSD with room to upgrade, and doesnt look like a turd.

Dell XPS 13 seems perfect but they seem to have a million issues. What do I do?

ebay, T450s, or T460(s)

Why are they so ugly?!

Are these a meme or are they actually good laptops? Also, no dedicated GPU for this price? A little suspect.

You didn't do good, Superman does good.
You also didn't do well.

Asus ROG, alienware or eurocom if you are not poor.

Very nice font rendering

yes
retard

You can get a CLEVO with a 1060 (same performance as desktop version), i7, 8GB, IPS for $1329, or a TN version for $1229.

christ that bottom bezel is disgusting.

>>NVIDIA GTX960M 2GB DDR5
K IPS touch screen display
you fucking goofed

enjoy it though

that might actually be the first gaming laptop to rival the price:performance of desktops

considering the price of a laptop includes kb/monitor/os...damn dawg, you're right

You guys realize the high dpi screens are glossy because pixels that small would get color distortion if it was matte.

Yeah, you did, you rich bastard.

Jesus fuck that's a sexy ass laptop

Dells xps and gaming alienware (off topic, but gaming laptops are retarded) last a long time. Their budget stiff is a bit hit or miss. My inspiron has been running great for the past 6 years, others aren't so lucky and last only half as long.

Essentially, you get what you pay for, but their premium and gaming lines are really fucking good.

Business Dells are another beast entirely. They're even better.

It's a touchscreen, that's why it's glossy.

I got the Precision version of that a couple weeks ago. Great device so far - basically identical specs except I have a Quadro GPU and TPM, which is handy for Bitlocker.

I recommend reducing the scaling from 250% to 200% though. At 200% you have a functional desktop real-estate equivalent to 1920x1080. 250% is just too restrictive and too small, you don't need the UI elements scaled that high.

>Let me guess, 650-700$
Are you retarded? The used price of that laptop with those specs is twice that amount. Brand new it's over 2 grand.

Wow. Who'd have guessed it wasn't designed for gaming.

Fucking idiot.

That's actually every Skylake chip right now. Fucking Intel fucked everyone up. This is all AMDs fault for sucking so bad that a CPU with shitty drivers is still the best choice

The touchscreen doesn't change anything. It's the fact that the only way to get the 4K screen is to have it combined with the touchscreen is what increases the battery draw.

>i7, 16GiB, a fucking discrete graphics card and 4K on a 15 inch screen

you played yourself

get the i5 and 8GB and use the savings towards a proper desktop

Shit, high performance laptops are a waste of money.
i5 with 8GB RAM and an SSD. Then buy a real computer.
What do you even want with 4k on a screen that small?
It would have to be scaled up so you can read it, completely removing the purpose of 4k.
Also you have an IPS display that your going to smear your fat fingers over.
Fuck these piss me off.

60,000 Harembe Dollars

Probably shit build quality desu

Linux Yoga series have this spec + touchscreen for a couple hundred less. Although XPS look sexy