What sort of monitors are you using Sup Forums?

What sort of monitors are you using Sup Forums?
4k?
Gsync/ Freesync?
Ultrawide?
Curved?
What's just a meme and what do you think will last?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01HPDAF68/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2I5BZQXZ2BP2W&coliid=I2UDHKWH33PG7Z
amzn.com/B009C3M7H0
amazon.com/BenQ-XL2730Z-Monitor-Resolution-FreeSync/dp/B00TUK9D9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473971060&sr=8-1&keywords=benq freesync
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1440p 27in gsync

>he bought into the gsync meme

i bought an asus mg279q

freesync 144hz ips 27inch meme

the consesus of last and meme is very close.

every monitor you can buy now will soon be obsolete by HDR capable monitors next year, following affordable quantum dot and oled monitors in 2018

4k is a meme right now. Not saying it's not legit, but more it's a meme due to the fact hardly any games/series are in 4k resolution so it's a bit pointless. There's also no point in going 4k with a monitor that is not 35'' or above.

>Gsync/ Freesync?
I heard freesync was placebo, but gsync is actually good. I personally never tried it. unsure if meme

anyway my monitor is 27'' 1080p @ 144hz @1ms , benq

>he bought into the gsync meme
Gsync may be expensive, but it actually works.
Free sync doesn't do shit in most FPS ranges.

best budget 1440p monitor?

feel like i need to make the jump up since i just got a 1070

+1
would love some suggestions

also forgot to mention 144hz

yeah i know, i was just poking fun of what i read.

whats your definition of budget?

The cheapest available without sucking.

Do curved 144hz even exist yet? Why bother with only silky smooth 60fps?

Asus don't fucking know from 10 years ago when my parents got me a "gaming computer" for High School graduation.

I'm planning to get a 4k meme soon.

>free sync not working

My 290 and BenQ Freesync monitor gave me 10x smoother game play than my 980 TI and Dell Gsync monitor did. No I am not shilling. It could just be my CPU and how the different cards utilize it though. It is a 2500k.

yeah, acer and asus feature those

but they cost above 1 grand so it's rather pointless

QNIX QX2710. I hope you like korean meme monitors

G-SYNC sucks balls.

PG279Q reporting in.

Bought a Colormunki display for it as well.

22" Dell U2209 at the moment, looking at upgrading, not sure where to go. either 24" or 27"

Maybe 25" to go in-between.

You got three options.
1.Korean meme monitors like Qnix for less than $300 (they use bad frame/mount to keep it cheap)
2.Pixio PX277 cheapest 144hz ips for $400 (lcd glow + bad frame)
3.Save up for Asus Rog Swift PG278Q

144hz

>PG278Q
The S2716DG does the same thing for cheaper.

Using a Acer XB270HU 27 inch 144Hz G-Sync monitor as my primary display, and I have a Sony 4K 55 inch TV for any games or whatnot I want to play.

Anyone wanting a 4K monitor, I say wait. It isn't worth it yet. I say in about 2-3 years though it will be.

34" 1440p ultrawide curved.

On a TV curved screens are 100% a gimmick, but on a large close up monitor, there is a noticeable effect.

just got this a couple days ago to finally replace my tv. wew lad, no screen tearing and 144hz is so nice.

A 20" 2008 iMac and a PlayStation TV

the colors must be awful though, not to mention that the monitor itself looks like pure garbage with that stand

colors are pretty good once you tinker with the settings and get f.lux. the way i have it set up i can't see the stand. i'm happy with it.

4k, freesync and curved ultrawides are here to stay.

just a generic 144hz 24 inch Acer

I don't really care for the freesync/ultrawide/etc memes

>colors are bad meme

lol no, I just got the same monitor it looks fine

I'm rockin' a 34" 2560x1080 say it's pretty good. Got it for sale too! It uses Freesync but I've got a nvidia card since G-sync monitors are ridiculous. I've been curious about AMD cards so I'll probably pick one up next time round and see how they fare. Apparently better in the long run for the research I've done where cards that used to be bested by Nvidia end up beating them a bit later.

>It uses Freesync but I've got a nvidia card since G-sync monitors are ridiculous. I've been curious about AMD cards so I'll probably pick one up next time round and see how they fare.

That's my current situation too.

In all fairness, everything seems pretty smooth to me anyway so I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. R6 siege hits 140fps average and I've had 40+ FPS for the most part of my life, so it's k.

>mfw all I want is 30+ inch ultrawide monitor...

I really just don't want to give up my 25.5" 16:10 monitor right now. The only thing that will make me change is ultrawide that is larger than what I currently have... but there doesn't seem to be anything made for proper gaming and photoshop.

1440p 144hz freesync monitor.
i have an nvidia gpu so i can't use the freesync but i only really wanted the 1440p 144hz.

>implying 34 inch ultrawides aren't common as fuck

What do you goys think of the Dell S2716DG and the ASUS PG278Q? I want 144hz 1440p but I'm trying to decide if its worth shelling out for G-Sync.

anything wrong with an acer g257hu?
have it planned for my gaming rig

40"+ UHD.

upgrading to next year's Philips IPS if it adds DP 1.3/1.4 for 120 Hz.

I have a MG279Q
I like freesync but it only works in certain games, and without it you get the AMD special microstutter

Not if you use FreeSync, no Nvidia tax required

Ur full of shit.
Go back to Sup Forums

>It's Nvidia so it must be better!

I own both a PG279Q and a PG27AQ. Just bought the PG27AQ and the image is grainy. So I'm probably going to be returning it. 4k and Gsync are nice but this monitor doesn't seem to be the one to fit the bill. It makes me sad, really. Let's hope I can get a full refund and didn't just piss away $800.

1366x768 TN Glare

Bro I am not even joking. The Free-Sync monitor with my 290 getting an average of 60 ~ 90 fps in most modern FPS was the smoothest I've ever played. It was so smooth I actually enjoyed playing Hardline. So of course I thought to myself why not just buy a 980 Ti and a G-Sync monitor? Surely it would be even smoother. No, I was wrong. Sure it was smoother than my asus 144hz but the jitters and micro stutters were still there. Like I said I believe it is my 2500k that is the issue due to frametimes or something.

That monitor in the OP, actually. It's an amazing monitor, although whether or not it's actually worth the $1200 is hard to say.

Three monitors: Dell U2312HM(Primary), Dell P2314H, Asus HX242H.
Also a shit LG television for anime and some gaymes on the bed.

I want to buy this amazon.com/dp/B01HPDAF68/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2I5BZQXZ2BP2W&coliid=I2UDHKWH33PG7Z with a Vega card for my next upgrade.

should i fall for the ultrawide meme?
It looks more aesthetic(multimonitor setups are fugly) but im gonna have to patch every fucking game I play and hope it supports my res, right?

I've got my eye on this Asus myself 1440p 144hz under 400
>amzn.com/B009C3M7H0

That looks pretty good.
This one is less than $400 and also has freesync.

pg279q

Not every game, but there are some that don't play nice with it at all. Looking at you, fallout 4. Support for it is only getting better though.

Dell Ultrasaharp

Those are all gay OP. Its all about colors, latency, and refresh. Don't be a casual faggot.

I want to buy a new one but

- 16:10 selection is pathetic at best
- 4k is shit because you need a giant monitor to offset the pixel density (upscaling the UI is shit, esp. with legacy stuff), not to mention upscaling is retarded because you're defeating the main purpose of more pixels (i.e. more space)
- Ultra-wide is riddled with garbage like tiny physical panels, 1080p, bent shit, etc etc etc

I guess I'll get a 27" 1440p, seems to be the least shit option nowadays. Thanks a lot for killing proper resolutions, JEWS.

My cousins truly believe that if they get a 4k TV their games will be in 4k. They're on Xbox One and PS4.

PG279Q here.

3x 27" LG 4k Freesync monitors
I'm slowly being surrounded by the internet

I got a LG 29UM67P. True sRGB 8-bit color, 30-75 Hz FreeSync, and ultrawide IPS for under 300 USD. Websites look like shit though because a lot just reflow to fill the entire width (killing readability) and lots more have a fixed width just slightly wider than half the screen. Still amazing for games and multitasking.

I want one, but I'm waiting for HDR

13" QHD IPS

+1

If you're buying a premium product, why settle for anything that isn't the best?

Depends, I'm running a decent quality IPS panel on my 34" LG 34UM68 or so the reviews declared.

Samefag as

I am thinking about buying the Dell 2515h since I do a lot of graphic work. Is it worth the price and does it perfom well enough for gaymen?

>What sort of monitors are you using
43" UHD IPS, it's great

>What's just a meme and what do you think will last?
>4k?
Meme at

>What sort of monitors are you using Sup Forums?
Two normal 27" monitors in 5120x1440p eyefinity.

>4k?
>Gsync/ Freesync?
>Ultrawide?
>Curved?
None of that.

>What's just a meme and what do you think will last?
Curved and ultrawide. They're not wide enough. You're gonna want more if you go wider, so might as well just use normal monitors for cheaper.

>faggots not mentioning their monitor model

I'm currently using 28" UHD screen

Ultrawide 1440 is really the only way to go.

I was going to order the view sonic xg2401 today. apparently it's the best 144hz 1080p monitor (and it even has free sync). what do you think lads? good buy?

Question for the pg279q owners here: do any of you reliably break 144 and get full use of the 165hz?

4K Dell
>hardly any games/series are in 4k resolution so it's a bit pointless
>go into game resolution setting
>set resolution to 4k
>game is older
>set custom resolution in .ini file

How did you solve the problem?

I do. I'm not sure what is going on with it though. I had GTX 1080 with which I didn't really get that 165Hz refresh rate. The screen was flickering and showed artifacts, occasionally disconnecting. I don't get how could it be dependent on the GPU here. I received a new GTX 1080 as the old was faulty(crashed in heavy 3D loads, artifact patterns appearing when it crashed, bluescreens) and now everything works. Same display, same cable. The cable is the DisplayPort included with the monitor.

That said the 165Hz is nothing over 144Hz which is only a little over 120Hz. Not getting 165Hz is meaningless.

should i get a 144hz one?

I never did. Waiting till new CPUs to come out to upgrade.

5K apple imac, ui scaling actually works, fonts and terminal are clear as a textbook, you won't ever turn back.
All this gaymur 144hz/memesync shit saddens me.

Tried that one, but couldn't stand all that cum in my anus.

>iShit

No thanks.

Can someone explain me why is the refresh rate of new monitors exactly 144 Hz? That seems like such a random number (compared to 60 Hz/100 Hz monitors at least). Is it because of some technical limit?

Get 27''

You won't regret it.

amazon.com/BenQ-XL2730Z-Monitor-Resolution-FreeSync/dp/B00TUK9D9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473971060&sr=8-1&keywords=benq freesync

Do I? I have a r9 390 btw

>using an old flatscreen tv with hdmi>hdmi connection
>everything looks like shit, have spent the past two hours trying to unfuck
I got memed on didn't I?

Divide it by 6 and you get a special number.

2xPB258Q.

2560x1440
IPS
60HZ
25"
117PPI
$265 each.

5120x1440p total res is nice and for under $600, far cheaper than the decent 3440x1440p IPS options while being more overall resolution.

8K LED 144Hz.
Flat.
Freesync.
memes is ultrawide, curved, gsync.

Because everyone will instantly run reading the full spec of every model posted.
Blow it out your ass.

WQHD IPS here.

4k is meme

I use two 24" and one 27", all 1920x1080 60Hz.
>4k?
>Gsync/ Freesync?
>Ultrawide?
>Curved?
If anything of those are a meme I would say Gsync/Freesync

144hz at 1080p is all I really care about.

Twice as good as a 60hz monitor plus a little cinematic experience on top.

Because tv/film standatd starts at 24fps. Math.

Correct, but 120Hz is better. My 144Hz stays at 120Hz when not gaming.

I wanna get that dick in my ass 1440p just for the gaming performance I'm not ready to commit to 4gay.

mg278q is nice. sub 400 but with a tn panel

1440p 240hz hdr when?

>intentionally using a lesser setting

not OP, so whats wrong with that?

Reduce resolution asshole.

4k Freesync TVs when?

>G-Sync is more expensive
>Freesync requires and AMD card
Such is life under capitalism. Global communism when?