1. never delete or autosage threads without telling the community why
2. reply to the feedback form
3. if you delet this thread then hiro will ban you
4. screenshots of peoples workstations are technology

We need less meta threads.

we need to get rid of the tech help threads

Bump

>4. screenshots of peoples workstations are technology

I still don't understand why the mods don't split the board up into technology and consumer technology (and maybe even technology generals for the cancerous general threads), the only reason graphic card threads are here are because the mods over at Sup Forums or /vg/ don't seem to allow it, there's zero technological discussion over whether which brand of cards run specific games better or worse

>screenshots of peoples workstations are technology
1. No it isn't. It's the same as saying "screenshot of peoples' microwave is technology"

NO technological discussion happen in Workstation threads, just /soc/ tier circlejerk. Workstation threads are off-topic and belongs to .

Taking a photo of a computer and pretending it's technology is a very low quality excuse.
>>>/global/rules/6

2. If workstation threads are allowed, so should be desktop threads. By your logic, "screenshots of peoples' desktops/workspace(es) are technology"

3. Technology is "the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science." (Dictionary.com, viewed 15-Sep-16)

Workstation/battlestation threads do not follow the definitation. So considering this new thread is implausible.

4. If this thread is allowed, Sup Forums will become more of a consumerist website for gamer consumer reviews (which it already is to some extent).

Battlestation threads (aka workstation threads) are just an excuse fo Sup Forums spillages to show off the gamestations they purchased and they ALL are hungry for others' validation.

Threads or pictures like these has NO place in Sup Forums

desktop threads are technology, i only said workstations so i dont get autosaged
i dont care about battlestation threads

Bottomline:
/BST/ - Battlestation threads = Validation thread for insecure Sup Forums spillages.

NOT technology

Delete desktop threads on sight, they are not technology. Ban anyone who posts in them.

I didn't read any of this

agreed

masturbating over how few icons are on your desktop is in not directly related to technological advances unless specifically framed in that light, which desktop threads clearly are not.

>masturbating over how few icons are on your desktop is in not directly related to technological advances unless specifically framed in that light, which desktop threads clearly are not.

yourre an idiot and I bet your desktop sucks alot
custimizing your desktop is very technoligicaly involed, there is a reason that like 10 people make threads everyday asking how to make their desktop look nice now that desktop threads are gone

Desktop threads belong on and keep it there.
Battlestation threads should fuck off to some board about interior decoration because that's what it is 99% of the time.

Desktop threads are dealt with already. Battlestation threads are what we are now talking about

BST should be pruned from Sup Forums

your stupid

who is 'we're'

6. faces of Sup Forums are technology

Your argument is that something not tech related was ban, and people keep posting it regardless, so we should un-ban it to keep them from posting.

You see why that's retarded? Just keep banning them.

>very technologicaly involved
>technologicaly
Sure it is lmao

this x1000

I'm close to agreeing completely, they used to be neat but now its even more of a circle jerk than it was in 2012

just fucking change the name of this board to "Technology Consumerism" this board is a fucking mess

Everyone except for you

please point out the rule against desktop threads LOL

im eamailing hiro your posts right now, lets just say i wont be seeing ur posts anymore soon haha

your dumb

didnt read the thread did ya lad.

t. Win baby

You guys do realize if we banned all the consumer threads we would have almost no activity on this anime image board right?

she made the thread baka

I'M the thraed laddo
get out of my thread right now if you dont want to ban, this is your last warning

No one said anything about consumer threads it's just the people that are making the press that are not technology related at all

>>>/global/rules/6

I know you. You are known for being one of the most obnoxious shitposters on Sup Forums. You evade bans. You and the manchild named 'jordan' are samefags

WE NEED MORE WYMEN IN TECH

MORE JEWS FAGS AND NIGGERS

divserity ect

your and idiot

>>>/global/rule/get out of my thread

I'd rather have a near-death board than the piece of shit board we currently have.

>implying

Face it user, some people are just willing to admit that

who said ban consumer threads? This is about desktop/battlestation threads.

listen here ladaroonie, my dad's an engineer at forChan and he told me I can post in any thread I want

and your a loser

Still voting for /os/

>who said ban consumer threads? This is about desktop/battlestation threads.

that's not what my thread is about stupid

Fuck off

Got problem with rules?

it's her thread she makes the rules here

that would be slower than this is my thread lad

THIS IS MY THREAD

just nuke this whole board in my imo

Seeing that Sup Forums is a good junk on OS specific topics, i disagree

first time I've ever agreed with this trip

lad, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

by worse, I meant slower than

Literally the same thing

ikr
people don't like anime as much here, it has to go
we need an /at/ - anime technology board

do u have ANY idea who I am

Better than being a literal samefagging manchild that lives in mom's basement

>only lain and navi posts allowed

>man

>lain
ew more like 'lame' we only like maki here

>this thread

tates good, yep

elaborate

that'd be lit. I could finally post tech without weebs replying with dogshit waifu pics arguing about which transvestite is better.

like this

No, it cannot be, NOOOOOOOO.

>screenshots of peoples workstations are technology
Screenshots are not technology

no delet this board and only have /at/
this is an anime website after all

what's wrong with this poster desu

There's nothing worse than the blatant shilling that occurs in approximately 90% of threads on this board. Consumerism is materialist cancer.

>Butthurt faggots shitting on the thread

Then what do you use

this thread is fucking gay so I'm going to post TECHNOLOGY.

had a long day tbqh user, got an even longer on tomorrow.

It's been a problem for years. But how are you supposed to moderate that?

I'm having a good time tho user

This website was created with the intention of planning a second bombing of Japan user. Dont you know anything?

>what do you use
For desktop? Stock Ubuntu at home (and M$ fuckme10 for gaymes when I have free time once a week), Stock Red Hat/CentOS +others at work (various docker containers), and macOS Sierra on my personal.

Used to be really into customization, but I never deluded myself into thinking it needed to be on a tech board.

I'll help

i didn't read this post because of the reddit spacing

wait, you can delete your own threads again?
Select all images with boats

>reddit spacing
u autistic chap?

vintorez is mechanical technology of glorious soviet design.

>chap
8tips fedora good sir good day 2 u today we'll be browsing reddit

He's trying to fit in. Ignore and move on.

Please post a screenshot for proof. Anyone can lie on the internet

your trying way too hard lassie

figures

How retarded are you?

*she

ok you're filtered
don't bother replying

how to make Sup Forums great again
>ban /bst/
>ban desktop general
>ban screenfetch general
>ban all tripfags
it's really that easy

He's right

Rule 30

>you can delete your own threads again?
You've always been able to delete your own threads.
They just stop you doing it a certain amount of time past the thread was created, which is 10 minutes if I'm not mistaken.
It was to counteract the people who would create a thread, delete it after a while and then blame the janitors.

ticky tacky board of many symbols is clever electronic technology.

rule 52534532

agreed.
its no different than a thread.
/fa/ for your desk.

wow u expect me to read that far down

No he's not. Without the centralized questions thread Sup Forums would be plagued with a bunch of individual help threads (yes there are still a bunch of threads that should be in sqt but it was 10x worse before sqt was a thing)

>not knowing the rules of the internet

>individual help threads
Autobanned for not using /wsr/

the thing is that those threads shouldn't be here in the first place
we literally have a containment thread for something that is outlawed in the sticky, because the mods won't fucking delete it
how fucked up is that

remove /sqt/, delete tech support threads

Yes, in fact i do.

litteraly epic Sup Forums meme kill yourself right now

proof of what?

My work? Your dumb ass wants me to drive to work, break down the security gate, walk into my office and take a picture of my computer?

Fuck off.

Isnt announcing a filter akin to saying "saged"? Can someone ban this fag?

he has to be kidding. There's no way.

Someone mod this man.

It's simple
Ban all BST or battlestation threads

>lol 2016 and you're still using linux/windows/mac/amd/intel/nvida
it does feel like these anti threads are getting out of hand.

wtf i hate apple now

No fucking shit, but they are and will continue to be regardless of what the rules say. /sqt/ helps to drastically reduce the number of them.

>Isnt announcing a filter akin to saying "saged"? Can someone ban this fag?

holy fug
btw your desktop looks like shit

U mad, bro?

You said you use Ubuntu at home. Post that

Best slav gun ever. Too bad they are impossible to find.

>Never ever

What if he's not home?