Half dead battery that barely survives 30 minutes

>half dead battery that barely survives 30 minutes
>third of the letters on the keyboard don't work
>dvd reader doesn't work
>overheats to above 100 C when playing shitty games like league (it is clean inside)
>the fans cannot be controled, so when it overheats the cpu fan (?) keeps turning on and off, making it very annoying.
>only 2gb RAM
>pretty heavy
>barely runs windows 10, shits its pants occasionally

what would you do with this trash Sup Forums?

fix it

Look up part numbers for your keyboard and heatsink/fan assembly. They're probably cheap. If you don't have enough ram, buy more you cheap fuck.

This, but only if the repair costs are no more than half of the price of the laptop. Otherwise just sell it and buy a new one

Remove win10bloat and use windows 7? Or even XP SP3. You will notice a huge change

this is why i never bothered fixing this trash. i was thinking to use it as a server or something but im not sure even about that.

Sell that trash in parts and buy a business notebook

I've got that same model and aside from the shitty ACCU it works just fine.
Boots up in under 10 seconds because I swapped the HDD for a SSD.
What the fuck have you been doing with it?

i bought it in 2009 from a shady and cheap shop, never dropped or damaged. it worked fine for 2 years though

Fix it, install Ubuntu mate or Solus, use it as a multimedia pc for watching shows in bed.

throw away m8, repairing gonna be expensive for that keyboard battery upgrading ram etcf, not to mention you need to cleanup and buying thermal paste.

Install gentoo

I guess that's a satellite a300 series, i have an a300d-16q with amd turion x2, ati3650 and 4gb ddr2, these were awesome post 2010, the sound is great, the video card is removable and have a slot, not soldered on the motherboard like on most of the laptops, but they are now too old to catch up. It gets over 70 degrees just by installing hearthstone from battle net, even i cleaned the dust inside it at a service. They told me after many years that liquid inside the copper heat pipes from the vent starts to degradate and the heat transfer capability become weaker so it will overheat very often.

download more cpu

Clean it, re-apply thermal paste,upgrade RAM and throw a SSD in it, install Linux with a light DE and you have a comfy shitposting box.

Replacing keyboard/battery might be a decent option but at that point just get a new laptop.

take it apart

clean it

replace thermal paste

buy a new battery

maybe upgrade the RAM

sell it on the internet

put 7 on it you slob, 10 is a total resource whore

>i expect my laptop from pre-2010 to hold up forever
>even considering putting money into a laptop that isn't a business line model

get a thinkpad, you fag. t430 or x230

throw it at a wall

might as well pour kerosene on it and set it on fire tbhfam.

This.

These are decent suggestions, but I'm assuming you don't have thermal paste lying around. Upgrading the RAM and buying a new battery, plus the thermal paste, is going to end up costing you way more than if you just fucken went on craigslist/kijiji and bought a used thinkpad

That's actually very good to know. I used to have one and it would idle at 100C even after a full open and dust out/re-apply thermal paste cleaning. I chucked it a long time ago. Used to play source games on it non-stop. Miss those days.

i need at least 15.6" screen, and the thinkpads that offer that size are too heavy and too expensive for me.
i already got a pc, and pic related is another laptop of mine that is slightly better than the asus (only problems are weight and half-dead battery) so i won't be investing in a thinkpad anytime soon.

Are you me?

Forgot pic

>the fans cannot be controled
Sounds like a Windows problem.

a t520 can go for $175, which is cheaper and more powerful than a new laptop

what are you, a faggot?

Fix it up a bit, order a keyboard from china. There, stop complaining.

You already said your laptop is
>pretty heavy
Get a cheapo new windows laptop, they cost as much as chromebooks anyway

at least yours is not missing the Q key
the point is that it hits 6000 rpm for 3 seconds, and then 2000 rpm for another 3 seconds, repeat. even then it stays at 100 C. i will have to constantly run the fan at 6000 rpm just to cool it to normal temperatures.
not a fag, just a poorfag arab from israel who doesn't want to spend half of my part time job salary on a used thinkpad from abroad (that i can't be sure if it works, scratched, dirty, etc.)
i am both guys (asus in op and the lenovo are me) i am still not convinced. buying a new battery for my lenovo would be more than enough.

and besides, i was asking what to do with the junk that is the asus laptop. no need to turn this into /tpg/!

>2gb ram
>AMD C-50 1ghz
>the down arrow key is missing
>the bottom panel is half loose
>Gets really warm to the point where I can't have it on my lap
>Had to switch to lubuntu after windows got too slow
>Sometimes when I boot it up it makes a really loud beeping noise for 30s

My next step is replacing thermal paste and ripping out the motherboard speaker.

load win server 2008 on it and use it as a file server.

what's up with all these retarded posts about people who can't seem to pin the use for an intel atom?