Refund tricks

What's a good way to get a full refund for my AMD card? It's not broken, I just want my money back.

I thought about deliberately breaking it, but that could end up screwing me in the end.

It's called buyer's research, and you should've done it before you bought it. Now either try to sell it, or live with it. Stop being such a fag.

sage.

I was too impatient and I was in need of a graphics card.

Counter-sage

Again, your own fault. Deal with it and don't try to screw over an already screwed over company.

AMD fag detected. It's not my fault they suck at doing business.

Holy fuck, I just said that AMD is already screwed. How am I an AMD fag? Jesus Christ this board is retarded. No wonder pajeets and shills keep coming here.

Buy a new one at a place like Fry's or best buy then return the used one in the packaging with the receipt.

>I just want my money back.
Best deal your gonna get is a RMA forum and a identical or similar replacement card. Since retailers caught on to these two step schemes years ago.

It's not worth much anymore. It's a 290x Tri-X.
I could live with a replacement card that is brand new.

Move to Europe?

Remove plastic components and put it in the oven. Hopefully it fucks up some of the solder joints.

>using sage like it's a bad thing

The whole point of sage is when you're replying to a discussion but what you're saying isn't important enough or doesn't add enough to the conversation to warrant bumping it. Sage does not harm a thread or make it die faster.

I live there.

Then you can refund any object you want within like 2 weeks for no reason.

That's a two year old graphics card and only now you want to return it? If you bought it new recently then it should have been a clearance deal. Also what's actually wrong with it that you want rid?

290x is a fucking awesome card. Only reason to return it is if you plan to get 1070 for the 25% increase in performance or a 1080 that gives 40% increase in performance.

My 290x runs most games very well. Even at 1440p

I purchased it a couple months ago.
I regret buying it just before the new cards were released.
I'd probably go for the 1070 if I were to receive my money back.

>I could live with a replacement card that is brand new.
calling up the mfgr before you do this:
Make sure you still have a full replacement warranty by saying you came home and the computer was on but your screen was blank and unresponsive. Your fans were going full speed and you smelt burnt popcorn.
Remove the card from the computer.
Get a mechanical pencil or a normal graphite pencil
On the back of the pcb where the GPU chip's tiny SMD resistors are put down a thick graphite line bridging three of the resistors solder pads.
Grats there is no going back now
Make sure there is no lose graphite dust by using scotch tape to pick up the excess or gently tapping the lose dust off the card into a trashcan.
disconnect drives and any other cards
Have a fire extinguisher handy
Fire up puter.
Wait a few seconds for GPU to fully initiate
Should be a little blue smoke after a couple loud pops
Enjoy the toxic blue smoke
RMA the card

OP you might be brain damaged, only thing better by AMD over a 290x would be a fury. i really dont see how you can be disappointed with that card unless you have vram envy over the 390x/480 which doesnt even matter and you'll be fine for years.

>I regret buying it just before the new cards were released.
I bet you're one of the people I told to wait.
I told dozens of you dumb fucks to wait for the next gen of cards a couple months ago but you wouldn't fucking listen

chalk this one up to being a fucking dumbass.

And it's not like the 290X is broken or anything.

If you want to get rid of it, sell it.

I can break your Ass if YO leke user

Fucking newfag, I needed it desperately.

ok but whats even wrong with a 290x can you give me an explanation

It's worse than the 1070.

and? do you really want to play on meme resolutions that bad? save up more money.

announcing a sage is announcing that the thread is not worth bumping

people that don't think their comment is worth bumping the thread don't announce their sage.

most children learn what context cues are when they learn to read. I guess you missed that part when you were growing up.

There is no need that is that desperate.

Only newfags call people newfags.

you fucking retard, you had 30 days before you could refund that shit no questions asked.
>buying before doing research
>impulsive buying
>wah wah I want it NOW
>wah wah I want my money back
You are acting like someone who can just throw money away but really can't. Kill yourself.

>You are acting like someone who can just throw money away but really can't
I could just buy another one. But if there is the possibility of me getting my money back, why should I?

Also, you might think so, but I'm not Jewish. In fact, I'm the opposite. I'm German.