Hey Sup Forumsuise

Hey Sup Forumsuise

Anyone get their moto Sup Forums4 play yet? Mine is out for delivery, estimated to be here in the next hour or so.

With the way most phones lately have had shit battery life, I'm pretty excited to see how much SoT I get out of a 5" 720p IPS LCD with a 2800mAh Li-Po. Since I don't do any mobile gaming, and I do all of my reading with a kindle or actual paper books, this sumbitch will probably last for days of shitposting and Netflix/prime video.

>inb4 shill

Nah, just excited about the new official Sup Forums neetphone

Other urls found in this thread:

motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/87215
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is now just embarrassing
Please stop

Nigga what's embarrassing about it? An actual play device when there hasn't been any in a while worth a shit?

Fuck off back to your 15 iPhone 7 shill threads per hour if you don't like it.

heil?

the camera is terrible

>play device
You are not the first one to be fooled, nor will be the last.

Moto G4 Play is NOT a Google Play edition device despite the misleading name.

>phone body curving up to the camera

This looks so awful, I wish phone

Redmi 3S prime is better but I bought it for stock Android

Uh, what makes it NOT a play device? It's running pure marshmallow, no manufacturer ui bullshit.

I have the 2014 moto G and it sucks dick. Never buying a Motorola phone again.

wew lad, didn't noticed this until now, thanks

it means no updates from google so you'll have to wait for lenovo to make your firmware

I just got my g4 play, and it's a really decent phone. I'm actually really impressed. It's a lot snappier than I expected from a snapdragon 410... I mean a LOT. zero lag so far and I've installed all of my usual apps.

It feels really nice in hand, which I didn't expect since I'm coming from an all metal HTC one m9, and this thing is straight plastic. The camera must have a decent sensor because it's taking great pictures for a $150 phone. The lack of moto bloat is nice, and this is totally unimportant, but since I have a Lenovo laptop, it's nice to see the Lenovo logo on boot kek

Just get the regular moto g4 2016 not this fake shit you're shilling

>fake shit

There's three versions of the g4, moron. The G4 Play, the G4, and the G4 Plus. They're just different price ranges of the same phone. The regular G4 doesn't offer enough improvements over the Play for it to be worth the extra money for what I use it for.

It's worse than that. One of the Moto G4 Play models has only 1GB RAM, catapulting it firmly into the shit budget phone sector in which Android runs extremely poorly. (Can you really call something a smartphone if it couldn't even boot Pokémon Go?)

And you might not know which one, because they're all just called "Moto G4 Play". Never mind, as says, that it isn't even a Google Play edition device, if you bought it from Amazon you won't even be able to unlock the bootloader and flash ROMs officially - whether it's the ad-supported version or not.

The actual Moto G4 looks a little more respectable. Still a non-removable battery, which I'm not wild about. And no USB-C.

>Sup Forumsuise
I appreciate the thought behind this.

I guess I don't count the 1GB model, because it seems like a complete waste. I really like my 2gb version so far, but I don't know where you're getting the info that you can't unlock the bootloader on the Amazon version as it's the exact same as the North American version you can order direct from Lenovotorla, you just have the option of getting a $50 discount by letting Amazon install some apps and a lock screen that shows ads. It's still the XT1607. I'll admit I haven't bothered attempting to unlock the bootloader because I really don't have any reason to since all I'd do that for on another phone is to install a custom rom to get closer to vanilla Android, but this phone already runs vanilla Android so there's no need. And knowing the chinks, kingroot will work within a week if it doesn't already to root without custom recovery.

Forgot pic

>no NFC
>no gyro
>2016
wtf is Motorola doing

THINPHONE MEME
CAMERA
BUMP
USELESS PIECE OF TRASH DEVICE

>entry level smartphone
>NFC
Nope. NEETs don't need NFC. They never go anywhere to need NFC tags or contact sharing, and they don't buy anything outside of their house.

>gyro

It's not a gaming device, fgt. Fuck your babby pokeymans

The fuck are you on about? It's not an iPhone. There's no camera bump and it's no thinner than a SGS3

I still have a first gen lte moto g.
Bought it new. Battery still lasts two days.
Kit Kat 4.4

I have moto g 1st gen too. Gave it to my Bro my main device is Xperia z3

Z3 is from 2014 but gets latest updates, had access to 7.0 before even latestest Xperia lmao z3 God

I'm running CM13 comfortably on my Moto G 4G from 2014 that has only 1GB of RAM.
Not having installed gapps saved me almost 300MB of memory so now I don't have apps closing spontaneously because Play Services really, really needed to call back home.

The official Sup Forums neet phone is the redmi note 3 pro, get with the goddamn times.

My first gen moto g has just broken not too long ago, so I was thinking of getting one of the newer ones, but they seem sort of underwhelming compared to some of the other cheap phones on the market.

I think I'll just try to fix mine.

Where can I get that without getting scammed?

Chinkshit general. It's a pain in the ass. You need the developer version and flash a new ROM to remove chinese botnet

Same model number; different eFuses and serial range.

I got the info from Motorola themselves: motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/87215
>Bootloader unlock codes are not available from Moto or Amazon for the Prime Exclusive Moto G (4th Gen.) devices.

Clarification that it includes both the ad-supported ones and NOT ad-supported ones came from XDA and people who had bought them (they have had to return them for refund and buy elsewhere).

And yes, the 1GB model seems like a complete waste, but that's the one released in the UK. Fuck that noise. It's a shame.

Lack of NFC is a pity.

I thought they sold them unlocked so flashing a new rom wasn't an issue

>it means no updates from google so you'll have to wait for lenovo to make your firmware

loooooooool

faggot