Give me one good reason to still use Windows 7 and not glorious 8.1 with Start8 Sup Forums

Give me one good reason to still use Windows 7 and not glorious 8.1 with Start8 Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

babeltechreviews.com/windows-7-vs-windows-8-1-mini-performance-analysis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aero

you shouldn't DESU

Aero is an issue. You might not like the ribbon either which breaks visual styles. The start menu thing which is honestly a petty issue at best.

Not much really. Unless you use weird shit like retroarch, Aero is not exactly an issue.

There are 3rd party tools for that, you know

Win 8.1 with the Windows Server theme (light aero or something like that) is good, but I still prefer the good old classic theme of 7.

Is this supposed to be a thinly-veiled desktop thread?

aero is really ugly

Aero is nice but flat 8.1 colors and desing is not that bad. I have always used classic 98 look so the loss of aero wasnt that bad.

P-Please delete my desktoppu

Yes. Many. Aero glass, XDDM, NFS, ShadowCopy, no METRO garbage (no you can't get rid of all of it via PowerShell commands), WMC, more lightweight and more market share (which means it's the first consideration for developers). To name a few. Also 8 is unusable with UAC completely disabled or if you force XDDM, which is anyway somewhat boken in 8 to begin with. Meanwhile all this works perfectly on 7.

Btw on all Start menu clones the frequent used list is broken on 8 and 10.

Aero looks like trash, it's literally one of the worst designs Microsoft had.

Windows 8.1 is faster, memory is better optimized, it's more secure, it's going to be supported longer.

>Windows 8.1 is faster, memory is better optimized, it's more secure
Any more buzzwords, Pajeet?

Something tells me XP is getting more support than 8 will.

>more secure
They're the same since Vista.

>memory is better optimized
No.

>Windows 8.1 is faster
Not rweally.

babeltechreviews.com/windows-7-vs-windows-8-1-mini-performance-analysis/

Just finished installing and updating 8.1

Is it normal for thumbnails to take like fucking forever to load when browsing images? On 7 it was almost instant.

No. Something's probably fucked up

I know the "pajeet" thing is satire and all, but it stopped being funny a while ago. Now it's just racist. You can stop already.

Go figure. SFC scan didn't even want to move 0% until I went to safe mode. And errors there were.

I found a fix, go back to Windows 7.

on desktop,
*bsd > os x > linux > windows 8 > windows vista > windows 7

so why won't you use Linux or OS X?

classic shell>start8. Taskbar skinning and more customization. Also use 10 if you're going to use windows at all, it's not worth using an out-of-date OS seeing as you already don't seem to care about privacy.

If you absolutely have to use Win8 for some reason (native 4k drive support is probably going to matter soon) you might as well just use Server 2012 R2 with the Desktop Experience role installed. Less Metro filth, less telemetry filth by default, Windows Update isn't broken every month requiring another "magic patch" to fix, can be OEM activated with Daz Loader, will get support for longer than Win8.1.

If only it didn't sperg on my multi-monitor system

And it got only slightly faster. That's it. Going back to 7 tomorrow.

Lol

Sup Forums is literally full of retards

Hm?

Windows 8.1 literally just werks, have fun with 7 and support for two years

Know the source of that wall?

If not for TRIM I'd probably still be on XP.

DX11 too I guess

Ok.

>praises 8.1
>literally has to use a third party addon to emulate native functionality of windows 7