HAPPENING!!

engadget.com/2016/09/15/apple-sexist-workplace-reports/
----
>Apple made improving its employee diversity a focal point in recent years -- but the company is still dominated by men. Women only make up 32 percent of its total workforce, and that imbalance has reportedly manifested itself in some very ugly ways. Mic has obtained a number of emails from female Apple employees and prospective employees, and their comments paint a picture of a sexist workplace in which women face discrimination, harassment and a "toxic" work environment.
----
Apple isn't just a bunch of Spooky Scary Skeletons!
Sup Forums BTFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9qrYz7Ul3Z8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Brennan-Jobs
archive.fo/fAW0z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

APPLE IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

HOW CAN APPLE EVER RECOVER

Why does this thread feel like pol culture.

no clue

Never try to shitpost on Sup Forums
They have ways of getting to you

If i had a business i'd only employ women and pocket the difference between the wage of the women and the wage of the men as profit.

oh look another thinly veiled Sup Forums thread

fuck off

that isn't even how the wage gap works

>hating dumb feminists makes you Sup Forums
oh please

So now they'll start hiring subpar women for the quota and later wonder why their company isn't doing so well anymore.

Really makes you think ..

>tfw this is the reason that Google is pushing the wage gap myth

This

>that isn't even how the wage gap works

It's how feminists think it works.

it's amazing how fast apple is going down the toilet after steve. it's like a dog starving on its owner's grave. ui sucks and the new iphone is a fat flop.

enjoy constantly needing to hire new help when your all female staff go on maternity leave and become distracted by their fuck trophies.

Wage gap exists for a reason- Women can have children and are more likely going to prioritize them over their work. Men are more consistent and thus find themselves in better-paying positions in the long-run.

>Some of the complaints Mic reported on include a female engineer whose "male-dominated" team made jokes about an office intruder coming to "rape everyone."
Ok. Bad taste, but legit complaint.

>Another female employee said she was in a meeting with a dozen other men and no other women; the conversation turned to how all of their wives and significant others were nags, a conversation that the team's manager let go on unchecked.
No shit the manager let it go unchecked, it's not his job to police other people's relationships, least of all human nature.
There's always nag points between couples and married people unless they have mental insanity. Women also complain a lot about how their husbands are nags, but this virgin bitch will probably find some pretentious pseudo-intellectual way to excuse this.

This female employee in particular is retarded for the nature of her complaint.

It's either Pajeets being creepy fucks or niggers trying to muh dick everything

It's important to achieve an optimal balance between meritocracy and diversity however. In a knowledge-economy, ability to innovate is essential. Different backgrounds produce different perspectives. Different perspectives produce the groundwork for creativity.

>social marxism in the work place is /pol culture
Fag. It's been a topic for 40 years. You should try stepping outside once in awhile.

More like
>it won't work, they will just take it seriously

>It's important to achieve an optimal balance between meritocracy and diversity however. In a knowledge-economy, ability to innovate is essential. Different backgrounds produce different perspectives. Different perspectives produce the groundwork for creativity.
Can you cite any studies that conclusively show that "diversity" leads to innovations?

And shitskins and women are useless in any way.

>social Marxism

This is not a thing.

No man, you want to ask a different question:
How can there be different perspectives from different cultures and backgrounds if you remove some traits that define the differentiation of those cultures, such as how Muslims treat women, and basically whitewash them?

t. marxist

I highly suspect that most of the women botching about the place are over sensitive sjw's who rate themselves way over than their actual worth.

BACK

*bitching

>Sup Forums
fuck off newfag

This is political. When did picking even colors and even genders become more important than picking the right person for the job? It's absurd.

Isn't that how the US presidential campaign works for most voters?

I really don't see the goal of this diversity stuff. If a company wants insights into Muslim culture, then they can hire whoever they see fit to give those insights. Probably it would be a Muslim, perhaps it would be a white American Islam expert.

What's the point in pressuring companies to hire "diverse" people just for the sake of diversity?

ofc its political. It cant be politically correct without being political.

I'd like to think not, but I'm sure some people voted for Obama only because he was black and will vote for Hillary only because she is a woman.

Has nothing to do with technology. Unless you think social and political issues are technologies, which is why you definitely need to go back.

I'm only voting for Trump because he's white alpha male, clearly the right person for the top job, he will make tech great again.

It's not even the foreign cultural meme itself that's useful; just that having a developed acountries unique worldview, mindset, or means of working through a problem is more likely if the folks on your project team have experience tackling different sorts of problems.

How is that a legit complaint of sexism? Probably not the best idea to make a joke about rape in general, but it sounds like the joke was about everyone getting raped. Do you think men can't be raped?

I bet those suicidal Foxconn workers are mostly women. Did they count those?

All Sup Forums has roughly the same mindset, newfriend

>bait thread
>MUST BE EVIL /pol!
Nigger

>acountries
I intended to just type "a". Dunno how autocorrect came up with that...

>Social marxism
Thats not a thing.

>Nigger
>MUST BE EVIL /pol!

There is literally nothing wrong with marxism.

I'd like the meet the guy who apparently was such a little whiny bitch that multiple people on multiple occasions referred to his "man period"

Fucking nazi fascist racist woman hater

This. I bet this is the real issue but they don't want to be seen as racist so let's shit on the white boys

Come on guys this is supposed to be a safe place. Can we please show a bit of compassion for the every day struggle these poor women have to put with against a bigoted male dominated work environment.

>Pleb not knowing what marxism is
I feel bad for you.

Go and stay go

Spotted the Sup Forumsfag

If they keep insisting on nigger and women quotas in workplaces, we will be stuck in 2010s tech forever.

jesus christ, what a shit article.
Every thing you do is a slight against them to these women.

>"Rape jokes in work chat is basically where I completely draw the limit," she wrote to Cook in an email obtained by Mic, "I do not feel safe at a company that tolerates individuals who make rape jokes."

The best part
>Danielle, who took time off from work to deal with stress from the rape joke incident

Are all the major tech companies filled with these spoiled brats? Upper middle class women are out of fucking control.

given that one of them was apparently working night shifts and after she quit she's riding a bike for a job, I have a feeling at least some of them are very, very low level employees whose obvious power ploys failed miserably

i feel like Sup Forums is a male dominated place, we should change that

I have a hard time believing that women from working class backgrounds could be this petty and childish.

>nothing to do with technology
Apple, one of the largest American handheld, laptop, and desktop computer manufacturers, is going through troubled times.
Any sort of reaction they do to appease people who have complaints affects the companies future.
It is Sup Forums related, because if Apple does not tread a tightrope, they might end up the way of Sun Microsystems in ten years

Most rape jokes I hear are usually super gay, so I don't get her problem.

Woman or literal faggot detected

It doesn't work in any way. It doesn't even exist.

The women are just buttmad that the men are only flirting with each other. All male Apple employees are fags.

>>>/reddit/
Why did you even come here?

Bitch didn't even repeat the rape joke,what a miserable cunt of a whore

Sup Forums is a sjw board
Why do you think so many people here are into Linux and praise Stallman, a communist kike? Sorry but that's just the way it is. Lots of people into technology are just beta

>most

You mean all of them.

Somehow this makes me not want to work in a company with a lot of women.

What are you talking about, we're all little girls here

>Mic
youtube.com/watch?v=9qrYz7Ul3Z8

Honestly if I had a tech company I wouldn't hire women. Not because all women are bad or that I hate women or anything, but for the simple reason that there's always *some* feminist woman who tries to ruin everything for no particular reason. It's better to just not hire them. They can find employment elsewhere, just don't ruin my business. It's just not worth it.

Look at open source projects. Pretty much all of them start off as projects by men for men. Then when they reach a certain size, women start joining in. Once women are part of the equation, there's only a question of time before this starts showing up on your wiki and shooting yourself in the head probably seems like a pretty sweet deal:
>On privilege and what we can do about it
>Standing out in the crowd
>Men who explain things
>Mansplaining
>The Male Programmer Privilege Checklist
>Derailing for dummies
>Resources for allies

There's just no way in hell that hiring women is a net gain to your business.

>for the simple reason that there's always *some* feminist woman who tries to ruin everything for no particular reason.
Same as there's always some macho jock who sees all women as prey and won't treat them as social equals?

That's a fair point, but there are too few women to hire just women. There are certainly enough men to only hire men.

Applel has always been a toxic work environment.

Suppose there is: How does this affect the workplace if there are no women hired into it?

wtf i love apple now

>Jobs, however, publicly denied paternity after she was born, which led to a legal case. Even after a DNA paternity test established him as her father, he continued to deny it.[1][4][5] The resolution of the legal case required him to provide Brennan with $385 per month and to reimburse the state for the money she had received from welfare. After Apple went public and Jobs became a millionaire, he increased the payment to $500 a month.[2] Michael Moritz interviewed Jobs, Brennan, and a number of others for the 1982 Time Person of the Year special issue, released on January 3, 1983. In his interview, Jobs questioned the reliability of the paternity test, which had found that the "probability of paternity for Jobs, Steven... is 94.1%".[6] Jobs responded by arguing that "28% of the male population of the United States could be the father."[1][2][6]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Brennan-Jobs

/ourhero/

How is Sup Forums blown the fuck out?

>I really don't see the goal of this diversity stuff

If you haven't realized yet it is about removing anything white and male (i.e. non-Jewish white male) from any company or institution. Why? So there is no competition of course.

Got one better. HP on Houston had an employee appreciation day. Basically a social were ice cream is served. Only thing is they wanted to save money by not hiring servers, who serves? The females from each developer team. If a team had just one she would be randomly selected to serve. That's some shit.

>Same as there's always some macho jock who sees all women as prey and won't treat them as social equals?

But there isn't. "Macho jock" is a stereotypical bogeyman that feminists like you just love to bash. It's less likely there will be a stereotypical jock in a tech company as said jock usually isn't known for his intelligence so wouldn't get the job. Also, define the vague "treating them as social equals" line. It seems when women are treated just like the guys, it's offensive and toxic. But when they're treated differently, it's sexist. What the fuck is it?

because Apple isn't the SJW shithole Sup Forumsentoomen claim it is.
We still have our people in there

>denied him millions because he called out jobs for being a deadbeat father

>our people
>applel

which is why womyn have been major players in innovation?

Oh wait no all of the out of no where inventions have come from white males surrounded by white males.

This is the rape joke in question.

>Mr. Cook,
>I have been the only woman on the [redacted] Team in the [redacted] organization under [redacted]. [Redacted] is the head of that team, with 30+ people. I have attempted to change this, by trying to alter the recruiting methods, and improve the culture.
>Except, yesterday, I was greeted with rape jokes in our work chat.
>[Text of the chatlog]
>In case you aren’t familiar with the song, the lyrics are like so:
>He’s climbin in your windows
>He’s snatchin your people up
>Tryna rape em so y’all need to
>Hide your kids, hide your wife
>And hide your husband cuz they’re rapin everybody out here
>I do not feel safe at a company that tolerates individuals who make rape jokes. [Redacted] I feel *incredibly* unsafe at Apple now. I have tried to escalate to my manager several times that the culture was toxic, yet nothing has appeared to change.
>Rape jokes in work chat is basically where I completely draw the limit. I would prefer not for folks to make fun of something, which for me personally has caused me *incredible* trauma, having actually been sexually assaulted in the past.

archive.fo/fAW0z

>The engineer subsequently was given a month off work, but on her return

Did you consider the possibility that pol is right and the mainstream is overrun with diversity agenda

Yup. Fucking drama queen. These people are adult children with snowflake syndrome. I could see her point if some bunch of guys kept on making rape jokes personally towards her throughout the day/week/months, but for this? America, grow the fuck up.

They're still more white though.

Also it's not social justice if they were hired through a purely meritocratic process.

>meritocratic
>pajeets

>Rape jokes in work chat is basically where I completely draw the limit.

"then you are fired".
Is it so hard, Tim Cuck?

restating my comment in greentext isn't evidence of anything

You bring up very good points.

>optimal balance between meritocracy and diversity
the optimal balance for that is 100% : 0%

Most newfags flock to Sup Forums kiddo.

Because it isn't on the side of SJW retards and SJW retards like you accuse anything that doesn't toe the leftist line of being part of a right-wing conspiracy. Get help.