/IG/ - Integrated Graphics General

GPU? More like GP-poo edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/49020/Intel-Core-i3-370M-Processor-3M-cache-2_40-GHz
software.intel.com/sites/default/files/m/d/4/1/d/8/09nn_Graphics_4a.pdf
notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-HD.23065.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Intel igpus are the bane of my existence.

My CPU doesnt have an iGPU. Probably for the best.

Must suck to hate convenient things.

>JewPU breaks
>no backup

oh yeah, certainly for the best.

intel igpus are the fucking bomb

no need to even have a desktop anymore, have you seen what iris pro igpus are capable of? and no, i'm not a apple faggot

Currently on hd530 graphics until i purchase a dedicated gpu. Shit is good i must say.

>no backup
What am I a normie? I have 2-3 old GPUs laying around that should still work fine in case of emergency.

Not to mention I have a laptop I can use in the 2-3 days it takes to have a new one shipped to me.

It's better because I have more CPU die space for CPU cores, caches, and other logic that would otherwise be unused by me if it were taken up by an iGPU.

>only 4 cores
>beingna corelet

Yeah, you are a normie. You bought multiple shilling devices.

I'm thinking about getting the XPS 13 once the Kaby Lake versions are out. What kind of performance will I be able to expect at 1600x900 (1/4 of the resolution of the 3200x1800 screen so I avoid interpolation)? Will the Kaby Lake iGPU be much more powerful than the HD530 in Skylake processors?

I

They're ok. I honestly cannot wait what sort of performance AMD's Zen APU will deliver when equipped with DDR4 ram.

They i7 mobile Broadwell igp is strong enough to output 4k resolution at 60fps.

It is pretty nice.

No, I have been building my own computers for almost 15 years now. It has nothing to do with being a normie and everything to do with taking care of my devices and usually keeping my old/spare parts.

Also, GPUs aren't shilling devices you literal cuck, just because you only watch netflix and browse facebook while shitposting to Sup Forums doesn't mean thats what we all do.

Anyone who does highly paralleled computing that can take advantage of GPGPU functions would be retarded not to have at least a halfway decent dGPU.

1) you're a complete tard, not a normie. sorry.

2) why don't you leave then? You're shitposting about gpus in /ig/.

I'm not even shit posting about GPUs. Just saying for plenty of people an iGPU would be a detriment as it's just wasted die space that could have been better used on more CPU logic.

Then why don't you

L E A V E
E
A
V
E

Is this a circle jerk thread or a discussion thread?

Can I BCLK OC an A10 7800?

I'm tempted to buy one since its much cheaper than an i3 and has a better gpu.

laptop wit HD 520, nothing wrong so far.
Besides a little slow on the video buffering, everything else is fine

Meanwhile i got 4k youtube without lag and gayms. Bravo intel.

>have intel HD graphics (no version number)
>1080p video lags
>any 3d game gets 15fps
What are the new IGPUs like? Was looking at the 6500 and its HD Graphics 530.

It has a number, you just arent looking hard enough.

>Anyone who does highly paralleled computing that can take advantage of GPGPU functions would be retarded not to have at least a halfway decent dGPU.
Nvidia pls go. Nobody cares.

I just built a computer, but once Zen APUs come out I really want to build something like pic related for a super tiny gaming PC. I'd have no use for it though so I can't.

It literally doesn't.
ark.intel.com/products/49020/Intel-Core-i3-370M-Processor-3M-cache-2_40-GHz

it's the Intel GMA HD, it was the last generation of Intel GMA.

If the HD3000 could run 3 displays i would be happier with my T420. I dont want to get the nvidia mobo because i want to do the quad core mod later on. So i guess I'm buying a cheap workstation and some quadro 400s.

Are you sure about that?
software.intel.com/sites/default/files/m/d/4/1/d/8/09nn_Graphics_4a.pdf

I got the athlon 5350 in the mail today.
Have any of you used it and what were your thoughts?

notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-HD.23065.0.html

Neat.
I guess that's one mystery solved. Thanks!

how bad is the i3-4150 HD4400? i dont need it for gaming only for 3D modeling, also im a poor chemical engineer student

>only for 3D modeling
lol

senpai... 3D modeling will take literally ages on an iGPU.

fuck

Depends really what program you're using you can do GPU rendering or you can do CPU rendering.

With CPU rendering generally more cores is better.

With GPU it will depend how new it is and what sort of GPGPU functions it has and other factors.

It's highly dependent on what programs you'll be using and what exactly you'll be doing.

100+ hours of ark on HD4400

>engineering student
Take advantage of you universities computer labs in your engineering building.
Or use a remote connect to one from whatever cheap chromebook or computer you already have if they offer such a service.

They will have the software you need, and all you'll have to do is upload/save your work before you go.

Source: that's how it works at my uni since they're too cheap to distribute copies of the software to students, yet not enough that they won't buy and maintain hundreds of computers that you can use for free.