Is GTX 1060 3GB edition a good choice for 1080p gaming?

Is GTX 1060 3GB edition a good choice for 1080p gaming?

Yes.
Go for 960 if you intend to use 1080p. Only use 70-s and 80-s if you have many monitors or that 4k memetor

No.

Most of the developers are just lazy. Witcher 3 runs at max 2GB VRAM usage while shitty games like Deus Ex uses every bit of the memory to load textures and still performs worse.

Cut the crap.mate. I run Witcher 3 on ultra on i5 and 960 on 1080 and it works like a rabbit.

>3GB

Games before 2016? Go ahead.
Current and Future games? lol enjoy being a cuck.

>uneven number on anything

Reading comprehension, mang
He said Witcher runs well

Sorry for my bad english.

Hairworks on and max AA makes 970 lag on 1080p yet you play smoothly on card that is 40% slower. Kek.

hairworks makes most cards tank

Only cucks use 2k and 1440p is still far from anything playable on 90% of cards,1080p will still be base for quite vsome time and 3gb of memory for it would be somewhat decent option.

I bought a 1080 for 1080 gaming. Never felt better.

I bet that's smooth as butter.

Are you serious? Just because you don't have it doesn't mean its bad.
1440p looks amazing.
Seeing a crystal clear light house or mountain peak in the distance.
Not to mention the screen real estate.

I did not say it is bad,just that it is still far from balanced. It will take about 2 more years for it to become truly relevant and somewhat of standard for majority of people. Also solid gpus for it will cost like 350 which will be affordable.

It's amazing at 144hz.

Would a 3Gb 1060 be enough for 1600p gaming? I've got a 7970 and it gets about 20-30 fps in most recent games with AA off

Leaving games and memes aside, which card should I buy: gigabyte Radeon 470 or MSI GeForce 1060? That card I will use it for like 5 to 10 years, also I'll use split screen 1 or 2 monitors and a LED TV.

Which would be a better choice between the RX470 and 1060?

2 different categories. 470 if the budget is tight, 1060 if you can pay a bit more for a bit more performance.

rx470 if you want good performance in the long run.

gtx1060 if you plan to upgrade soon.

amd usually scales better with time, id go for the 470. i just got one a few days ago, it works like a fuckin dream. maxing doom at 1080p opengl 110 fps in some places and 80 at the least. i cant speak for two monitors, becuase i only have one functional. my second only has vga so its no bueno now. my old r7 250x was acting super fucking odd after i put the 470 in though, im not sure what was going on with that but that means i cant use my second monitor anymore unfortunately. also, vulkan seems to be fucked? ive installed all drivers i can for the 470 on windows 8.1, no cigar. vulkan reports that it cant allocate vram, and tells me it cant find an icd. doom does some Crazy shit man, it sends my system into some unheard of power mode ive never fucking witnessed. no buttons work other than the power switch on my psu, thats the only way to turn it off when it gets to this point. the power indicator blinks as if it were asleep but theres no way to wake it up. kind of like a coma? theres no way to recover from it as far as i can see, ive tried everything i can. w/e it performs fucking flawlessly everywhere else so i dont mind. especially considering im running it with an fx-6300 for christs sakes

>960 over a 770
>ever
lel

I'm using it right now. Temps are insanely cool, dude. I haven't benchmarked, but I didn't really notice any improvements from my 4 GB 960

post speccy

note I'm using complete air cooling and this is inches away from my CPU

thats pretty nice temps if youre using air cooling and its close to the cpu
why is it 6gb tho

I almost bought one but my 750ti was running DOOM at around 35fps so I didn't.

:/

>3GB

I've been looking at this card quite a bit.

I currently have two GTX 660's in SLI and have been looking to get a single powerful card for a year and a half or so now. After a lot of research, I finally got the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE GV-N1060D5-6GD (6GB VRAM)

I honestly don't know entirely if it was the right choice, but it was 250 bucks and had a decent clock speed. I don't regret it yet, but the card arrives tomorrow so I won't really know til then.

Any thoughts on the choice?

I bought the 6 GB one. I wanted to upgrade from my 960 4GB.

rx 470 is the shit, but its got super weird quirks that might just be me ruining everything i touch. idfk about the gtx 1060, but it costs more for what i guess is a worse product so i dont rlly care. nvidia is usually too pricey for me so i dont pay too much attention to em lmao

Rx 470 8gb sapphire nitro is the king of 1080p and AMD is always future proof.