first for Terry sticky

+1 to bump limit

I'm sick of the mods m8 ready to roast and toast them

/os/ - Opeating Systems
>desktop threads allowed
>/prog/ stuff allowed
>Sup Forums tech support threads will decline
>Sup Forums will be about technology again
>only the rest of team [color] remains as iOSfags and Androidfags will fuck off there
win-win

>Desktop threads
>TECHNOLOGY
Bring back sage Hiro.

Still throwing out the suggested cuck -> [random word] word filter.
It would be good if it changed every so often so it's harder to tell when the word is being used.

Sup Forums is obnoxious enough already, limiting cross-contamination is even more relevant than limiting contamination from Sup Forums.

you're an idiot just as much as the people who say 'cuck'

Desktop threads would be technology if there wasn't TWO ENTIRE BOARDS dedicated to desktop threads.

It's like /vp/ splitting off from Sup Forums. Pokemon threads aren't Sup Forums, because /vp/ exists.

Animefags who fap to lolis and circlejerk about it in their pedo desktop threads BTFO
LMAO

desktop threads aren't allowed on /w/ or /wg/ they are deleted and people are banned from posting them

desktop threads have been at home on Sup Forums for like half a decade and now suddenly they are arbitrarily decided to not be technology
get out of here

Allow desktop threads to exist as long as they are about desktops and how to manipulate them, and NOT the pictures people use for their desktop.

The very first time someone posts a desktop with an anime girl as the background and someone else replies with "BEST GIRL" or "WORST GIRL" or "WHAT ANIME IS THAT" the entire thread gets deleted immediately and without warning. Stay on topic.

>desktop threads aren't allowed on /w/ or /wg/ they are deleted and people are banned from posting them

But that's wrong.

no she's right

>the entire thread gets deleted immediately and without warning
idiot

Mods finally do the job they are paid to doand you little desktop thread neets throw a fit. Desktop threads belong on soc.

I'd rather desktop threads be banned and also their posters.
or fit it better so ask hiro to allow them there instead.

hiro response simulator: just message the moderator with a thread and make 'regulations' yourself lol haha, see you next year when i get the mod to show me how to post again'

If you remove the desktop, battlestations and guts threads the board is as good as dead.

These are actually the only quality threads here, the rest is just brand shilling and poor shitposting attempts.

I think we need even more generals, like linux desktop threads, windows desktop threads etc.

splitting desktop threads by os is stupid, i agree with the rest though

>making more boards will solve the shitposting/off topic

no it won't, there will just be a dozen more dead boards with 1 post an hour and everyone will leave

fuckin dumbasses stop giving the gook stupid ass ideas

the only people reading these 'suggestions' are the janitor who will be trying to decide how many days to ban u for rule 8 or whatever

thank god, because they're all dumb af

The janitors don't even care.
Half of the threads on this board right now should be outright deleted. And I'm not talking about the desktop threads. For instance, there are at least 5 iphone threads up right now and no one is deleting them.

>wanting this people here

the absolute dumbest is the /sqt/
it says, right there in the sticky, that tech support isn't allowed, yet we have to make our own containment thread because mods won't actually delete it. and even that isn't very effective, people who post tech support are too dumb to read the sticky much less use the catalog

>this people here
I'd rather have them than you, illiterate fuckwit.

lol Truthfully I don't even come to Sup Forums.

I honestly despise mods and rules. Over the years I've seen so many boards gutted by mods and rule changes.

Boards naturally develop their own culture, they don't need to be moderated at all other than deleting cp and shit. I remember when moot trolled the fuck out of Sup Forums by removing rules, captcha and adding word filters and stuff for a couple of weeks. The first few days were complete havoc. It was literally Sup Forums 2.0 as every other board raided it. But after a couple of days a few Sup Forums general threads managed to survive. After a week it was back to normal, even though there were no rules at all.

Speaking of boards developing their own culture, I used to visit Sup Forums back when I was into kino. All the best and most knowledgable posters were avatarfags, meaning they posted an related image to identify themselves usually in lieu of a trip or name (e.g. a picture of their waifu). They had posted there for years. One day without warning j00t decided to add a rule that avataring wasn't allowed. Within a couple of weeks (literally) Sup Forums was gutted, as all the best posters on the board left. Now it's probably the worst board on Sup Forums, and real cinema discussion is almost unheard of there. I stopped visiting too. I randomly visited about a year ago and found out my entire ISP was banned from the board. Fascism.

Ever try to make an off-topic thread on a board? 95% of the time it gets completely ignored and dies, reply-less, because people go to boards to talk about certain topics. It's 'self-moderated' by virtue of the fact the people there turned up to talk about a given topic. It doesn't need to be moderated.

Mods are people who are fascistic by nature. They are people who volunteer to be in positions of authority, to stamp out 'impurity'. Their nature is to assert their control over other people, to enforce rules above people and community. I fucking despise them. We should reopen Auschwitz and send them all there.

nice insight user

WHY ARE MOD Q&AS NOT A THING
KILL YOURSELVES

ADMIN Q&AS ARE OBJECTIVLY STUPID BECAUSE ADMINS ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO KEEP SHIT UP AND ENSURE MODERATORS DON'T FUCK SHIT UP.

The feedback pages does not update.
The feeeback page does NOT update.

GIVE
US
/Q/
Do you realise why everyone (including myself) spergs the fuck out? It's because of lack of meta conversation.

Ban
the watch threads

Ban
the gpu threads

Ban
the video game threads

Ban
the tech support threads

Put
a big red colored sticky up that says "no tech support" like on /s/.

Then
Make a gun and shoot yourselves

Stormnigger detected.

I agree with , other wordfilters we should add should block phrases like "poo in loo", "suicide watch", "pajeet", and other memes unfunny 12 year olds shit up the place with.

To be honest we should just make Sup Forums guro again as all the other shit belongs somewhere else.

Desktop threads are okay here but should be on /w/ or /wg/.
Applel threads should be on /fa/.
GPU and related memes, as well as battlestations, belong on Sup Forums.
Programming and ACTUAL technology should go to /sci/.
Freedumbs, botnets, and other stuff of that ilk should go to /x/.
Generals should go to their subreddits.
Windows threads should go to /biz/ while tech support should go to /wsr/.

That leaves Linux """enthusiasm""" and BSD users who think they somehow warrant attention, and that seems like the most culturally Sup Forums thing there is, so there should be a board for that or they can fuck off to /sci/.

Anything else is either shit or belongs on reddit.

>After a week it was back to normal, even though there were no rules at all.
No, after a week every other board was turned into little Sup Forums.
That's when Moot shat himself and brought back the mods.

The same happened when he deleted /new/.

i remember Sup Forums used to self moderate by derailing shitposting threads into doubles threads, then moot made it so you couldn't get doubles on Sup Forums anymore

wow people are so dumb

no one cares about Sup Forums
Hiro, ban this guy for life and delete his posts now

The only moderation that needs to happen is to enforce the "keep Sup Forums in Sup Forums rule" because they simply cannot stop shitting out on other boards, spreading their shitty agendas while ironically complaining how agenda pushing is bad. Stop creating a billion and one shitty boards.

i think all the wordfilters should be japanese like the current ones, helps remind newfriends where they are and is just more fun in general

That's not true and you know it.

smartphone fags should fuck off
guts, desktop and battlestation threads are just consumerist circlejerking threads where weak willed fags get bullied into buying shit by other dumb consumerwhores, not to mention all the setups look the same, taking the fun out of this colorful industry

Go away, kike.

see:

just stop

but mod Q&As shouldn't be a thing either then, it's just their job to ban litteral shitposters, and just brows the sort like normal (i.e. Anonymous)

never reply to my posts again, and get out of my thread this instant

>these threads not being deleted
>not just turning them into desktop threads

Agreed. People get too angsty, especially the shitposters and Sup Forums crossboarders. What's ironic is that Sup Forums is trying to co-opt a naturual haven for degeneracy as some fascist site, when 70+ percent of the people here are LGBT or extreme fetishists, and quite frankly, it's funny that they try to enforce that on other boards. I wish people would either loosen up or take things more seriously, we're in the middle where everyone is fighting because everyone thinks they're more important.

:^)

hi jordan! watch any more anime lately?

>my thread
off to leddit with you

>I honestly despise mods and rules.

Nah, the mods just need to moderate by the rules.

If they want to delete desktop threads, for example, they should add 'do not post desktop threads' to the Sup Forums rules.

I disapprove of the mods' actions when they start moderating using their own personal tastes rather than doing their jobs properly and using the rules.

I hate having to second-guess what the mods will and won't allow any given month. It's out of hand.

yeah the japanese world filters are fun
they should filter most swear words i think

i can confirm she made the thread
do you have ANY IDEA who you're talking to?

The thing is, Moderators effect the communites. Administrators do not. Communites should have insight into who is running (banning) things.

Or what? You will cry?

cuck :o)

this is an anonymous imageboard sir

No, been too busy at work (in fact I'm about to go there now)
However, when I installed Arch the drive that I thought I had killed the SATA cable for since Windows didn't see it (not in disk manager, device manager, or anywhere) is working fine again. SO - now I might either watch K-On!! or the K-On ripoff you linked me to, probably K-On first

hahahahah

i'll bet ur a cute girl
4 me

was it worth the incoming ban to post that?

nice!

>I disapprove of the mods' actions when they start moderating using their own personal tastes rather than doing their jobs properly and using the rules.

Some of the best mods way back did this all the time though, and it worked well as they trimmed garbage not fitting with the site's culture.

>non ban zone inside
Is this the new anything goes thread?

i think it was the Sup Forums idiot who posted that lol

atl least the sticker threads are safe

fuck off already, desktop autists

Could people start posting their desktops? I wanted to show my friend the degree to which 'Linux' can look radically different from one distro to the other along with customization, but Desktop threads are banned since who knows when so...

>some cuck tries to tell us what we can or can't post

Why is this allowed?

Mods, delete this thread please.

epic cuck meme fellow Sup Forums user! upvoted!

Go to you fucking idiot.

ironic

Good thread.

>>>/reddit/

Read this senpai :D

h h-hello i heard someone wanted to see my desktop

That's what happens when you spam multiple desktop threads in a desperate bid for attention, cuck

Thanks desu :D

that never happened
on /wg/ mods would randomly delete threads, so people would post a new one (because desktop threads are literally in the sticky) and then get banned for "spam"

Then don't spam your shitty desktops no one cares about.

Ayy jordan@BEDRIG aren't you the tripfag i roasted a month ago for saying stupid shit?

your dumb don't reply to me anymore

post a screenfetch NOW dammit

Please post your desktop so I can cum on it

Gross. Looks like a half aborted mess conceived by shitty anime nostalgia awful "retro xD" aesthetic. Kill yourself.

this is a no bully zone

nice, they'll never suspect your from reddit if you tell them to go there!

Absolutely disgusting.

>The attention-seeking trip using whore thinks "her" opinion counts

If you want to be treated special go post your non-existant tits on reddit.

Ignore this person and their meaningless opinion.

No, I'm from Sup Forums, you filthy yid.

whats the difference xD

Yes but the current mods are shit and are an active detriment to their boards.

leave her alone you big idiot

Kill yoursel.,
With love,
user.

fuck everything protest

Current mods are great, with the exception of them not deleting this thrash thread

An arm's length.