FFT

*** Official Sup Forums Friendly Forth Forth Thread ***

Non autisitcs welcome

I spent alot of time thinking about how to program in a more lazy way and here it is:
forth.com/starting-forth/
repl.it/languages/forth
>This shit is easy as fuck to learn
>This shit is fast as fuck
>This shit can run on any computer, even old computers from the 1980's. You can get it down to less than a kilobyte.
This is some zen monk shit I pulled from the mountains, ok. Don't ask me how I found out about it. Just learn this shit and you will master a computer very quickly.
Google is your friend
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/?nick=newuser|?#forth
That link right up there ^ is the chatroom. These are some old dudes with beards. Just ask them shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6g4dkBF5anU
youtu.be/i94HHGKml9M
lpaste.net/195914
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/RS_Flip-flop_(NOR).svg/1000px-RS_Flip-flop_(NOR).svg.png
pop-art.inrialpes.fr/~fradet/PDFs/HOSC07.pdf
excamera.com/sphinx/fpga-j1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What does it do? What can I make

well for one you can make a better operating system

Alright. I'm not that smart though. Is it hard?

It's real e z p z.

Lets say you want to do 2 + 2

in this language you go 2 2 +

+ takes two things and adds them If you want to add another 2 you can go

2 2 + 2 + which =

4 2 + which =

It's just a different way of writing math. In fact it is mostly just math but in a different way.

Lets get some mood music in here

youtube.com/watch?v=6g4dkBF5anU

So how do I add games to my new os?

you have to copy down the math equation to do it then type the math equation in. Hopefully though these equations can be built off of each other to make this process simpler

youtu.be/i94HHGKml9M

Using reverse polish notation will allow you to properly communicate the arithmetic necessary to complete your desired task. This is the only form of mathematics it will find acceptable

This will mean the end of proprietary sofware. A new era of man shall begin

What is the actual benefit of using this
>non nigger-tier answer please

Forth's window of opportunity came and went, it should have been the shell language of all personal computers in the 70s and 80s, there is no more use for Forth outside of electronics testing. Stack juggling gets old fast, just use Lisp, all the power of Forth without the duping and swapping

the dream of the 80's is alive

forth is shitty you can implement it in just a few lines of bash

look at thse fucking graphics

Why are you posting worst girl?

I remember Forth tutorial consisting of four (or maybe five) commands operating with stack, nothing more. So, what's this language useful for?

>the longevity of code
>the unix way of programming
>designing processors

lpaste.net/195914
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/RS_Flip-flop_(NOR).svg/1000px-RS_Flip-flop_(NOR).svg.png
pop-art.inrialpes.fr/~fradet/PDFs/HOSC07.pdf
excamera.com/sphinx/fpga-j1.html

>This shit can run on any computer, even old computers from the 1980's. You can get it down to less than a kilobyte.

Lisp/assembly geek, the aforementioned langs are capable of this as well, is the magic all in how reverse polish notation changes your thinking?

Could you explain Classic Star Trek comparisons?

Reverse polish notation superior polish notation

emacs is like the starship that is carrying all of the lisp programmers. If you program in emacs lisp to edit the function of emacs you are like scotty holding down the ship. Scheme is purely functional and so it is very logical like spock. Common lisp is the leader of the lisps. Clojure is an attempt to get web developers to accidentally learn lisp.

sure, Common Lisp quickly loses its purity as you start bringing in external libraries and foreign functions, but is still very powerful and makes a great core stack language, moreso probably than any of the other Lisps

papers coming out of the Sussman circle at MIT usually involve Scheme, its a much cleaner language than Common Lisp

Emacs has had a lot of work done to make it into a powerful text editor and Lisp IDE, for a lot of developers its the faithful, cross platform glue that keeps your projects together

the Arc Lisp trekkie kid at this point should be replaced with a dead child in the trash

Mucho gracias.
Do you have more pics "How an X programmer views users of other languages"?