/spg/ - Smartphone General: THICC edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Two Galaxy S8 model numbers tipped: SM-G950/G955 dubbed Dream and Dream2
phonearena.com/news/Two-Galaxy-S8-model-numbers-tipped-SM-G950G955-dubbed-Dream-and-Dream2_id85406

The Xiaomi Mi 5s might feature Qualcomm's ultrasonic fingerprint sensor technology
phonearena.com/news/The-Xiaomi-Mi-5s-might-feature-Qualcomms-ultrasonic-fingerprint-sensor-technology_id85404

Expected more dual camera smartphones now that Qualcomm's new Clear Sight technology is available
phonearena.com/news/Expected-more-dual-camera-smartphones-now-that-Qualcomms-new-Clear-Sight-technology-is-available_id85418

The best budget Bluetooth wireless earphones for the iPhone 7: sports, fitness and running
phonearena.com/news/The-best-budget-Bluetooth-wireless-earphones-for-the-iPhone-7-sports-fitness-and-running_id85323

New leak reveals LeEco Pro 3 variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage
gsmarena.com/leak_reveals_leeco_pro_3_variant_with_8gb_ram_and_256gb_storage-news-20487.php

Oneplus 3 vs Axon 7! // Best Smartphones under $400
youtube.com/watch?v=qxF9wLH5NKI

Engadget - iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Review: Apple mostly plays it safe
youtu.be/wlb-7FN3Xj4

Other urls found in this thread:

shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirect/straighttalk/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=42730227
oneplus.net/3/specs
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Official-Global-Firmware-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/32672119908.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.266.DNufWe
pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=3341561
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(OP)
is there a single decent recent phone in this form factor?

I miss having buttons that I could press accurately without looking

If I buy a chink phone and it's not compatible with my Cellphone carrier networks (2G 3G 4G/LTE), can I still send and receive phone calls and texts, considering I live right in the middle of a big city?

I don't care about having access to internet.

No, you'll get no signal.

Which country and carrier? If you can live with no headphone Jack then LeEco would work for most carriers around the world.

Reminder that smartphones are consumerist trash. Use a feature phone and a laptop.

That's inconvenient as shit brah

My nexus 5 doubles as my camera.

Cameras come in handy actually many times for school and life. I hope I never have to upgrade from this until I kill myself in 5 years.

Canada, Videotron, with the Redmi Note 3 Pro.

My carrier uses Band4 LTE, and the Kate version supports it, but I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to send calls and texts over it. I still got time to cancel my order if needed.

If it works with either 2g or 3g then you can use one of those. 4g doesn't support calls or messages but you can use data.

If it doesn't work with any of those then you're fucked.

Checked online, godamnit you can't change carrier? You're signal will be so bad even if it does pick up.

I can probably change carrier if needed, but I kinda like my current carrier and it reduces my internet bill by like $5

You can handle being without your weeb shit for five minutes, I promise.

If you really don't a chinkphone you'll need to change carrier mate, I'm sorry.

But I don't watch anime. I rarely even use my computer anymore, most web browsing is done on my phone because it's simply more convenient.

>I rarely even use my computer anymore
Then you shouldnt need a smartphone either.

Currently upgrading from an iPhone 5s. I'm in burgerland using with a local carrier that uses band 2.

Features from most to least important:
>~$400
>4.7-5.2 inch display
>Quality camera
::power gap::
>metal build
>unlocked
::power gap::
>Decent battery life
>Non shit performance with at least 2 gigs of memory
>Micro-SD slot or 64 GB storage

Is there anything new or upcoming that I should consider? I'm considering the Honor 8 and iPhone SE 64 GB at $449.

Motorola droid 4, or if you can find a heat gun, Motorola Photon Q is much better, you need to remove the sprint sim with aforementioned heat gun and free the sim card slot, you should just be able to tape whatever sim to the exposed connector and have it just werk if you flash an xda pajeet rom.
CM13 runs great on it desu.

Droid 4 is still usable and developed for, has CM13 but screen has a shit sublixel layout and although it's fast enough, it gets hot and has worse battery life.

Both are cheap af on eBay and have both micro USB and micro hdmi.

>Every single Cellular provider in Canada is compatible with the RMN3P
>Except for the one I use

Come on, that's just bullshit.

Redmi 3s is perfect for your needs.

Thinking about buying a 6s. The Pixel is my last hope.

I was going to suggest a redmi too, but he said he needs a good camera.

How much is z5c selling for?

Which is better?
shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirect/straighttalk/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=42730227

oneplus.net/3/specs

I'm mainly gonna use it for social media, internet browsing, and music. I'm kinda leaning towards the one plus, but the no micro sd slot is putting me off. Also, can I just bring up the phone to my carrier (Straight Talk) and install a sim card? Which one do you guys recommend

How is MIUI? Xiaomi seems like one of the better chink brands, but software seems to be their downfall.
Also, how long will I be able to live without upgrading from this? I'll mostly be listening to music, taking pictures, and other normie shit.

coming from a mi4, i used it pretty extensively and havent had too many issues. Its gonna come down to personal preference and if u prefer stock android.

Any iPhone 6s Plus users here? What are the benefits over the smaller model? Also, does the larger model have dpi scaling that takes advantage of the large screen?

stop shilling xiaomi
LeEco is the new official memephone brand of Sup Forums

can someone please tell me where the fuck I can buy the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe? I have money. I want my 8 core Snap dragon 821, 6GB ddr4, 256GB ROM, and all metal body. It is THE phone I've been looking for. Finger print scanner, good construction, great specs, MicroSD.

Amazon has all models BUT the deluxe. Pic unrelated. Pic I took with my Moto X pure.

I'm planning on getting a CAT S60. do you guys think its a good buy? here in my city we don't get that much variety of makers/models.

Does someone know a android app that works like jdownloader and downloads all pics from a link in full res not only thumbnails?

Likewise. Until Sundar Pichar is fired from Google. I am not returning to Android

Dude, chinkphone lmao

>inb4 cuck kys

does anyone know where to find a cheap iphone 5s for 180 bucks, i dont feel like paying 300 bucks for one.
im in the usa.

Should I do it?
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Official-Global-Firmware-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/32672119908.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.266.DNufWe
Friend recommended it to me.

Why suffer 5 more years when you can end it now?

Everyone I know communicats trough WhatsApp.
How do I use whatsapp on feature phone + laptop combo?

Why the fuck are some vendors saying that the Redmi Note 3 Pro support 3G 1700mhz while the official Xiaomi website says it doesn't?

What is this bullshit? Neither China or international versions seem to support it, so what gives?

Ye - where do you live?

Mexico.

will the 1+1 get the new android?

I heard the snapdragon 801 will not be supported

It isn't.

Eh kay I dunno about Mexico check the frequency compatibility at willmyphonework.

I'm in the us and I've been using a lumia 521 with windows, which apparently is a piece of shit ghetto phone compared to what most people use, on tmobile

it was a $60 phone and I've been happy with it, but it's starting to act weird and I think it's going to shit

I don't need a super fancy phone, but want to switch to android because windows sucks with apps, and just looking for something that's comparable to the lumia 521 by today's standards, that's hopefully under $150 or so , without ads

does that exist? what are my best options?

fug, not even cyanogen?

It'll probably get cm14 with hackery drivers and shit

Looking for a smartphone around or under $200-$300 which has a good camera, iphone tier at least. Is Xaomi mi5 the best option here? Most comparison sites say so, but anything else worth checking out?

Battery life and speed would ofc be very nice too. Size doesn't matter too much for me. I'm in the UK.

How about LeEco Le 2 pro?

>tfw no thicc blackbull bf

>still waiting on Oukitel for the k6000 premium

HURRY THE FUCK UP i WANT MY DREAM PHONE ALREADY

Vibe p2 or recently produced v10 with extended battery

>what are my best options
Chink phones.
Any cheaper xiaomi phone.
Oukitel k4000 pro if you want a really cheap device.
Oukitel k6000 pro if you want a decent phone.
Oukitel k10000 if you want an undying battery.
All of these are much better than lumia 521.

You won't have ads in the phone itself, but if you want to block ads you'll need to root your phone and patch the hosts file. There are other ways but they consume more battery and phone's resources.

Wow, thanks user!

Now I'll just see which one is better value when they both finally come out. The wait is killing me for fucks sake.

LeEco Le Max 2 is only $230 if you don't mind forking over the extra 80 dollars and it has very similar specs to flagships from HTC and Sony and shit.

Zuk z2 should be a similar price.

He's in the US, isn't he?

Hey guys how is the LG v20 fampai?

Oneplus would be good; just have a backup

Shit I didn't notice he's in US since it wasn't capitalised. Xiaomi phones will still work on most providers, I think.

I wait too but am really consideribg a zuk z2. Now it's 240 shekels in my country and has 7hours sot. Best battery life on a 5" snapdragon 820 phone and has unofficial cyanogenmod.

The 6gb ram of a k6k prem would be nice but it wont get much custom rom support.

A snapdragon 625 of the vibe isn't very powerful..

Probably the best premium priced flagship this year if it won't get bootloop. Zerolemon is already working on a extended battery.

why would they need to extend the battery? it already lasts forever because the phone can't turn on.

>actually just want a cheap chink phone
>scared it might have botnet like my Windows tablet that I bought from aliexpress
Fug I guess I'll just get an iPhone 7...

What does Sup Forums thinks of the BLU R1HD? I want an emergency smartphone and have a tight budget of 75 dollars. Was thinking about a 2014-15 low-middle end phone with good specs (8 GB Internal, 1 GB RAM, Quad Core) even thinking going for used/refutbished but then i looked at this offer from Amazon.

I'll be using a Telcel SIM in Mexico. Is there a more solid option? Currently using a borrowed LG L70 and doing more or less well but the limits are evident. Is there a solid option under that price?

Sorry for being noob. What is this zerolemon extended battery?

Yeah but I'm in it for the helio x20, AMOLED display, and 6000mAh battery mostly. The 2GB on my Nexus 5 is still enough but more would be nice.

That combo should result in very nice battery life.

Oukitel c3? You'll get 3g and 2g, but no 4g. It's 40usd on aliexpress.

40 usd iirc*

It's probably closer to 50 now, lol

Sup Forums what is the cheapest I can do with IP68, don't need to be the fastest just need two things:

-decent screen AMOLED pref.
-decent camera, don't have to be fucking iPhone camera

It's good enough, just make sure you remove the bloat and ads. You'll probably need to root it but I hear ads dissappear if you change the launcher and/or default lockscreen application, but since some custom lockscreens will cost you battery life you should just root the phone and block ads.

As said, you could get a cheap chink phone but you'll need to see if your carrier supports the phone, check the OP's link "willmyphonework".

are you implying the iphone camera is good? are you a gay? or a woman? or a shill? you get paid to be a gay trans shill? you a fag? the iphone camera is literally one of the worst ever on smartphones. even the new iphone 7 is about on par with the 1+3. educate yoursef you gay cock eater

Moto G4 Play:

Pros:
- 2800mAh removable Li-Po battery
- expandable storage
- super sharp IPS LCD with perfect viewing angles that's visible fully in direct sunlight
- because of the 5" 720p display, battery lasts fucking forever
- works with literally every US carrier
- $99-$150
- no manufacturer ui/skins
- Amazon model same as the one direct from moto so bootloader unlock is coming, unlike Amazon exclusive regular g4
- headphone/aux audio sounds amazing
- water resistant coating
- capable of 10W rapid charge

Cons:
- 5" 720p display
- no gyro (subjective con. I don't play games so idgaf)
- no NFC
- all plastic
- missing all of the moto actions except shrink screen which is unnecessary on a 5" phone
- camera could be better
- no 802.11ac 5GHz
- no bootloader unlock yet
- 2GB North American version doesn't have earbuds
- no indicator led (subjective con)
- FM radio that could have been left out for gyro or NFC

So far, though, if you don't use Android pay or play pokemon go, this is a dope ass phone. Feels great in hand despite being plastic and has zero lag. This phone makes me wonder why such a low end phone can run so fucking smoothly, yet powerhouse flagship become shithouse LAGships?

this actually looks great, thanks user

>super sharp screen
>720p

Seems like a horrible purchase at that price. Buy a redmi 3 pro, k6000 pro, or LeEco Le 2 pro or Le max 2 instead. All better options depending on what you want to prioritize on.

>yet powerhouse flagship become shithouse LAGships?
>become
keyword
Your G4 will also become a maggot-filled lag wafer given time. It's the fate of all android phones that don't factory reset all the time and iphones that update their iOS.

>2800 battery
>implying that's not a con
>LCD
>implying that's not a con

>playing Pokemon go after they prevented root users from playing
>playing a game made by retarded jews
>playing Pokemon go at all

Is it harder to prevent apps from detecting root than it is to prevent them from detecting a jailbreak? Because there's no problem circumventing most jailbreak checks.

K6000 pro has been updated, the grey model has a black front panel now which makes the bezels look much nicer than the old design did.

I ordered the updated model, will review it when it arrives.

Here's a comparison I made using an image I stole from aliexpress reviews.

Who /SAILFISH/ here? Can't wait to be able to install my own self compiled AOSP on my Pixel on release day

I just hope it won't be too big and too expensive.

I 400 bucks for 32gb would be okayish. I hope.

The best known and most trusted extended battery manufactor.

> (You)
>Yeah but I'm in it for the helio x20, AMOLED display, and 6000mAh battery mostly.

Amoled is really nice but I prefer 5" tbqh.

The x20s graphics unit is preddy weaker and hardware accelerated ui rendering it's important for future proofing/lag prevention.

Why isn't there a snapdragon 650 phone with 5" and 4000mAh?

With 7 hours sot I should get through a day and I've already bought a xiaomi power bank for my dying m7. Carrying a extra charging device is annoying but I got used to it..
Maybe the Zuk Z2 is a phone I could use some years again. Only flaw is the missing msd slot. I'm not sure...

>implying 2800mAh isn't a shitload of battery with a 5" 720p display and snapdragon 410

The LG G4 stock battery is only 3000mAh shitty Li-Ion and it lasted me all day. The g4p Li-Po only uses about 10% battery per 2 hours SoT. I don't know about you, but 20 hours SoT sounds pretty fucking good

Redmi 3S has a snapdragon 430 and 4100mah battery, while having dual sim / SD slot. 2800mah isn't much these days.

I have sprint, bruh. They only use gsm for LTE data, everything else is cdma. The g4p is the only phone under $150 that has reasonable specs. All the pajeet phones are gsm only, as are chink phones. For $99, the g4p is perfection on Sprint and Verizon. And yes, the screen is really sharp negro. The colors are beautiful, it has full color adjustment built in, the fonts look so sexy that even with infinality on my chinkpad, and the font rendering on wife's mbp looks like ass if I've been using my phone for a couple hours. This is hands down the best 720p phone I've ever used.

Is there anything like Black Market in the golden age that was android 1.6/2.1? A Play Store-like app which just allows you to download pirate shit?

>phone wakes up to tell me it's low on battery

Dude don't do that it's super easy to inject shit in apks. I once got a 15 shekels pscard and it was enough for everything I use.

It's been my experience that it starts to happen with flagship phones almost immediately after installing all of the apps I commonly use. Sometimes even straight out of the box. I've been using the g4p, which is severely under-specced by comparison, installed all of my apps, leave a ton of shit running, and it's still snappier than my HTC One M9, LG G4, Moto X 1st gen, and Nexus 5 1st gen.

I don't play anything pokemon. I was already an adult when pokemon hit the US and I was managing a comic book/anime/manga shop at the time, so my store was always full of little retards wanting more pokeymans.

This.

I know it's not very Sup Forums-like to tell you to pay for your apps, but unless you get them from a private torrent tracker where users religiously check every damn file, buying your apps is the only safe method.

>no cdma
That makes it useless on two of the 4 major US carriers. One of which has the best network coverage, and the other has the best prices for what you get.

Oukitel k6000 is $99, 720p, Micro sd slot, 64 bit quad core, 2GB ram, 6000mAh battery, stock android, capable of 18w rapid charge.

Would that not be the better buy for non americans?

>20 hours SoT
Nice usage chart to back that up, lmao. Fuck off kid you're not fooling us.

Fyi your phone will take a long time to drop down from 100% to 99% when fully charged. Took 25 minutes on my LG G3, should be even longer on your shitty 720p phone.

>US carriers
If that matters then buy the LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 for $240 with a 1440p screen and snapdragon 820 instead.

you're not gonna find any CDMA phones from anywhere but your CDMA carrier that work on your network.

Hello /spg/, would a Nexus 5X be a good purchase as a relatively inexpensive phone used mainly for browsing the internet? I've been rocking a used Samsung S3 for the last 4 years and know jackshit about the phones on the market today, any advice would be appreciated.

pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=3341561

What's the minimal number of devices I need to carry on a bike ride if I want
>GPS navigation and a map
>phone
>being able to take photos

They're a nice phone for sure, my only gripe about mine is the battery is average and pretty hard to replace.

.... Except for the moto g4 play that's in my hand right now. It works with all US carriers.

You can get better hardware if you're not living in murica.

>nice usage chart
Where do you think the image came from you dumb nigger? When you tap the screen usage it shows your SoT since last charge, and how much power it used. It's the exact same data used to make the graph, dipshit.

>kid
>implying I'm not 38

Ok thanks for the input

Such as?

OH LOOK AT MY phone IT GETS 20 HOURS SOT PER CHARGE AHURRRRRRRRRRR

(that's you btw).

Redmi note 3 pro? You'd get much better battery life too.

The only thing i'm hesitant about the 5x is the ram, aren't 2gb not enough in the near future?

>gf works in apple store
>she got 2 iphone 7 plus 256gb with her employee discount + the discount for trading our old phones
>pretty much got one iphone for free

cool story brah

>traded in old one
>puts in time and effort to stay employed for discount
Yeah, super free. Only cost her an iPhone and half her week every week.

That doesn't show how much power the display is using when it's on, dipshit. Holy fuck you're retarded. It doesn't matter how long it takes your phone to go from 100% to 99%, but if it's using 288mAh over two hours, then after twenty hours it will have used 2880mAh. It's not rocket science. If you keep your display brightness consistent, the mAh your display consumes won't change.

Stay mad chinese shill

>implying i care about spending time with her when i can get free shit for her work
Idc tbqh senpai.