So Sup Forums, I haven't been keeping up with gpu technology for a while, but it seems like it's stagnated a bit...

So Sup Forums, I haven't been keeping up with gpu technology for a while, but it seems like it's stagnated a bit. I've looked into things myself, and I think I have my answer, but I figured I'd see if you guys have any thoughts on it since you guys probably know better than I do atm.

So, here's the thing. If I'm running 2x AMD 7870s, is there anything worth upgrading to that doesn't cost a fortune? So far I haven't found anything better that isn't $300-400+.
Don't care if it's AMD or nVidia.

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/227133/evga-gtx-1070-1080-overheating-issues-company-says-thermal-pads-a-solution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

current cards are all over the place and problems with the current gen are ripe with problems for both nvidia and AMD

AMD fixed the PCI-E problem but driver issues remaining with little/no scalably and limited OC on some models and no high end models as of october 27th 8:53pm NZST

Nvidia has problems with heat and noise and no async and varies driver problems that have been reported as braking windows with some versions of windows 10

Its a mess but dispite this there as been no real show stoppers in recent months.

So essentially between lackluster performance gains and firmware issues, I'd probably be best not upgrading atm?

not exactly the 10 series is a 40% performance jump from the 9 series with relative heat and power consumption, IMO wait for 1080 ti buy 1080

Especially now with dx12, dual 7870 should be killing it.
Unless you're 1440p?

Nothings really been able to beat the 390 and 390x for a long time until the 1070 and 1080

Go get a 480 or get a 590 when it comes out

Nah. Just plain old 1080p.

Those and the new 10 series cards are better, but like in my OP, they're in the 400 and up range, at least here they are.

A 370 is basically an overclocked 7870, so your seriously shouldn't have any issues running games at 1080p on high or ultra settings.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll just stick with the crossfire 7870s for a while I suppose.

wait for vega

>Nvidia has problems with heat and noise
If nvidia has heat problems then amd is a furnace in comparison. The fermi meme died 5 years ago.

Nvidia has no heat or noise problems, ignore the AYYMDPOORFAGS lies

Nvidia has fastest GPUs with real DX12 support Feature Level 12_1 support

AYYMD has no real DX12 support because they don't support Feature Level 12_1

(you)

Pretty sure a 370 is a 7850, the 270 was a less power-hungry 7870.

RX 480

Very few DX12/Vulkan titles have anny SLI/CF support.

>haven't found anything better that isn't $300-400+.
AMD punted on higher-end this generation, so Nvidia priced their mid range card at $450, their high range at $700, and their enthusiast card at $1200.

And there is no chance whatsoever for better deals unless Vega is competitive, sorry.

rx 470 is the true price/preformance king

you retarded. it goes
Low 50ti[N]/ 60[AMD] < Mid 60[N]/ 80[AMD] < High 80[N]/ 90[AMD] < Enthusiast 80ti[N]/ fury[AMD]

and after Enthusiast < oh shit what are you doing? Titan-Nvidia and X2- AMD

The Rx 470 is under $300 here, so it could be a maybe, but will it out perform CF 7870s, and by enough to be worth $280 ish?

It should be able to beat your current setup.

RX-480 is $200 in burgerland

techpowerup.com/227133/evga-gtx-1070-1080-overheating-issues-company-says-thermal-pads-a-solution

Damn, are you me. Still running my 7970 after all these years. Thing was built like a brick shithouse

Upgrade to 480. Better than x2 7870 by far both in raw perf and VRAM.

$200

Doom is really easy to run. In most other new games he'll be struggling

7970 is fine, but hot. I sold my 280x earlier this year in preparation for the 470. If you hold out til the 580 you'll get a great card, but who knows how long you'll have to deal with that housefire

They're closer to $400 here, and even looking at US stores, the only ones close to $200 are Sapphire...