iPad air 2

Lenovo Thinkpad 13

HP is still rocking TN displays btw

>1366x768

Why is this still a thing in 2016

Why would you want to drag an optical drive around with you

>considering a hp consumer model in the current_year

i know right? get a dell

Man, are HP laptops still shoddily designed fall apart overheat machines even though the fan never shuts off

buy a used better one

Why are mid range laptops so shit anyway?
No wonder people just buy tablets

for £500 you could get 3 T420's that will be better than a brand new entry-level laptop.

>Recommending consumer grade machine

Refurbished Dell Latitude + RetailMeNot coupon is the best deal out there.

Wait for a 40% + free shipping. They happen about once a month.

> E6420 for $150
> Good enough for office/web/Netflix

> E7440 for $600
> i7, 1080p touchscreen, 8gb, 256ssd, backlit keyboard

dellrefurbished.com/laptops?filter_brand=189&filter_screen_resolution=264

retailmenot.com/view/dellrefurbished.com

OP here, is buying a used laptop a smart decision? I feel like there's to many risks involved. If it's the right thing to do which would recommend.
I'm English mate this won't work, it only ships to the US

Is right?
I would prefer a IPS display but it's not a dealbreaker, did'nt think lenovo was that good

the latitudes, thinkpads, and elitebooks are great machines, very durable, if you buy refurbished they come clean, buying used is good you can always service on these models, if you want a clean keyboard for example or a new battery

Enterprise grade machines are very reliable. I just bought a 5 year-old Latitude and it feels more solid than a brand new Inspiron.

I'm a tech and the only one's I've seen die are 8 years old with Centrino processors.

Every time I pick up a E7440 I think, wow, this is a nice laptop. If you can swing $570+tax go with this. I had one for a month or two before I flipped it for $800.

Pretty much anything else from the Dell Refurbished link I posted. If one says 4gb ram, you can upgrade it to 8gb for about $40.

They don't specify but 250gb, 320gb, and 500gb are harddrives and the 256gb is an ssd. You could upgrade to a 256gb ssd for $100.

Don't spend more than $200 on a computer if the resolution is only 1366x768.

>most thinkpad displays aren't TN shit also

Asus f555-la

cheap HP laptops are no fun. after a few months they'll get hot just from idling and the annoying fans will run most of the time. also they're generally a pain to maintenance.

Idk about how to ship it. Look for one on Amazon, used or refurbished. Just make sure it has the 1080p screen. The 7450/7470 are a model year newer.

because you don't need 3440x1440 on a fucking 15 inch screen you twat. t.Owns two laptops with 1366x768

>owns two 1366x768 laptops

My condolences

he didn't say you need UHD you fucking twat.

I too own a 1366x768 laptop. 1920x1080 is significantly better.

Shit trackpad, my N76 died after 3 years, ymmv.

t. cuck

it's still not that bad, my dad has an hp elitebook with a 1440p display and he can't read shit unless he zooms in a fucking ton to where a high res display is shit. His IPS panel tho is fucking great.
agreed but still I find that higher res just introduce more problems
t. 7680x4320 on an 11 inch screen

What are some good enterprise grade laptops?

Dell E7470
Lenovo Thinkpad T460s
HP Elitebook 1040