>Shit tons of IO on the motherboard while PC users need PCI cards for it

What the hell happened to Apple?

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2016/10/25/why-tim-cook-is-steve-ballmer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Design

every king falls eventually

>What the hell happened to Apple?

Jobs died and everyone forgot that Jobs was an obsessed perfectionist and marketing micromanager who demanded the best build quality and user experience in products as he knew that is what kept consumers coming back. Not some visionary tech innovator (Except in marketing where he changed the game for good)

Apple's current "Throw shit against the wall and make all the old products bigger" is killing them

Market changed. They're more profitable than ever, I don't see the issue

They just want to make big changes, but they don't care whether they're good or bad changes.

they stay afloat because phones and that's cool, but their computers suck cock now, there was a time where if you wanted connectivity on a notebook or desktop you went to Apple, that's gone now, the G4 powerbooks and 06-08 MBP are still some of my favorite notebooks ever despite the build quality issues, they've got everything I could ever need in life right on the bitch.

>tfw the G5 days will never return

I'll take an Antec 302 over apple usually but that G5 case was awesome, very open air, apple pioneered that front intake shit.

They replaced quality with coolness and innovation with gimmicks

My dad still had one with a fried motherboard sitting around, but the case is fucking pristine.
I stripped it out and am probably gonna convert it to inverted ATX, got the whole internal layout planned already.

>apple
>quality
>ever
lolno

Now we have a useless "touch bar" that only show emojis and sliders of instagram filters, of course no Fn keys when every "Pro" app (Autocad, Adobe Creative, etc) use Fn keys in everything.

APPLE IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Jobs' unrestricted elitism.

Steve jobs died, that's what happened.

what? If anything the touch bar is a better alternative to straight up fn keys...?

No it's not. Nor is it a better alternative to having a real, physical escape key.

The same thing that happened to Microsoft. their founders were legit prodigal visionaries with a real talent, and after they both stopped being heavily involved in their companies, it becomes clear that they were the only ones who knew what they were doing, coupled with both companies becoming out of touch soulless behemoths run by equally soulless corporate types who don't have the same personal investment.

or something like that. You can see it real clear with Windows. Gates was involved in everything up till 7, and we can see what's happened to Windows and Microsoft after he left.

Although I hate Microsoft, I sorta wish Gates would return to the helm and guide one last good Windows to the market. By that I mean, a Windows such as 7 without all the bullshit telemetry, flat shit interface (give customization options) - the works. It will never happen but it would be nice.

>Jobs died and everyone forgot that Jobs was an obsessed perfectionist and marketing micromanager who demanded the best build quality and user experience in products
He didn't just die. Apple has been going down hill ever since Steve Jobs was assassinated and replaced by the puppet Tim Cook.
Tim Cooks mission is obviously to undermine the Apple product line. He has been going directly against the perspectives of Steve Jobs for some time. Slowly but surely, bit by bit, Apple is reduced and pulled apart until it will end up being lower quality and value in comparison to their competitors.
>Mac OS X (Performance)
>HDMI
>Audio Jack
>USB C
>Touch Bar
>MagSafe

>Apple has been going down hill ever since Steve Jobs was assassinated

/x/ pls

the nice thing about previous windows is that even though they still had data gathering, they were at least nice about it and didnt shove it in your face

if you like looking at your keyboard, sure

>tfw you never will use a modern PowerPC based workstation with a decent Unix based desktop OS backed with professional grade propietary software again
Apple went downhill since they make the change to Intel.

bump

Tim Cook happened
see

the new MBP consolidates 4 types of ports on the previous rMBP into one.

if apple's not pushing the industry forward, then the other niggers are pulling it back.

No, they're the niggers still using 1866mhz DDR3 on these expensive ass machines in late 2016.

>macfags can no longer touchtype.

The DJ part of the demo was stupid.

DJs use hardware/physical accessories for a reason. That guy was doing the equivalent of using a smartphone.

Real DJs won't use this. They use physical sliders, not touch based ones.

Tim Cook happened.

Under Jobs:
iPod (start of the millions)
iPhone (start of the billions)
MacBook Air (shitting out billions)
iPad (super charge income of billions)
Retina MacBook Pro (dat screen, dat design)

Cook:
iPad Mini (lol wut? Made money though)
iPhone 6 and 6+ (copying Samsung now? Still making money)
MacPro aka TrashCan ($3k for non-upgradeable workstation? nice try, abandoned in updates btw)
MacBook 12" (WTF is this overpriced netbook piece of shit?)
iPad Pro (this is a joke right? tiny ipad, now mega ipad? Idea well is dry, huh?)
iPhone 7 (No headphone jack? Fuck off!)
rMBP with TouchBar (over priced, under speced, and TouchBar is awkward to use as seen in demo by prepared presenters)

The MacBook line has been neglected like a starving African child for no reason. The excuse from Timmy boy was they wanted to focus on iPhone, because having a team of 1,000 chefs in one kitchen is never a nightmare. Macs not updated in over a year, were already outperformed on launch by the stingy Jews at HP and DELL. Now their prices have increased by $300 across the board while REMOVING industry standard ports (mainly USB and HDMI). $69 adapter needed for outputting video, or $120 for AppleTV because Fuck You. No one liked the MacBook 12" and made fun of it, what a peice of shit. So genius Tim said lets take what everyone hated about it and put it in our flagship computers. However, the three years since the MacPro, Mac Mini, and 1 1/2 years the Mac line up wasn't updated, Tim "faggot" Cook had dozens upon dozens of gay pride and SJW parades. They even flew employees at the expense of the company to participate, all while their computers withered. Tim Cook has literally put SJW goals above the business.

>iPad Mini (lol wut? Made money though)
That's pretty much the only success they had, my sister was very anti ipad in 2010 but loves her ipad mini for community college e-books.

you think anyone other than you cares about that?

do you need to be supervised when you use the internet?

Yeah nigga, you flip the motherfucking coin where it's a pc using old ass DDR3, apple would be making fun of their asses for living in the past.

The iPad mini wasn't a bad idea. Pro was pushing it. They should have called it the Plus and introduced an iPhone Mini, for EZPZ naming.

The touchbar on a "pro" product is ridiculous. As well as now instead of being industry leading specs they're falling behind and changing ports to make up for it. The Macbook air still needs an update, plus the 13 inch MBP is now competing with it.

Continued

Tim Cook also cut employee benefits and rewards that were standard under Jobs. By 2014, thousands of the best Apple employees had either left Apple or were poached by other companies with better pay. What's left at Apple is literally a SJW faggot at the helm of a mediocre ship of disgruntled employees. I worked for Apple when the MacBook 12" was launched, we called it the world's most expensive facebook machine and thought YouTube 1080p videos would fry it. I was there when the iPad Pro was launched, literally Not A Single Fuck Was Given That Day. When the iPhone 5 came out, employees gathered around it like apes watching fire. It was the shit! When the iPad Pro came out, that thing didn't have a single finger print on it. My store had a traffic of about 100,000 people per month, we only sold 23 at launch. It failed harder than the MacBook. Tim Cook is a cancer and has steered the company towards shit. I never liked him, and the head of retail Angela Ahrendts was SO FUCKING ANNOYING. She would literally make videos every week telling us how great she was while doubling our workload and stagnating our pay. I fucking hated her with the passion of a thousand suns. Instead of hiring more people to our store for support, she demanded hat we multi-task and do double to triple the work. Getting a genius bar appointment is harder than getting in to Yale. Wait times were 3-5 hours, unacceptable for a billion dollar corporation and people needing their phones. Tim and Angela are morons, and Ives is a narcissistic prick. Apple won't go bankrupt, but they're going to be the next Sony, and when was the last time anyone gave a fuck about Sony?

inb4 the new macbook air goes ultrabudget with shitty intel processors

Iphone 6s was good and what people wanted. 12 MacBook was basically an air with retina display and people who bought it liked it.

rMBP tho, thouse ports are ok besides removal of thunderbold was a stupid move. Touch bar is supposed wow factor, it's not something mind changing but nothing to sperg and rage about.

The real problem are specs, namely radeon and an older process. I've still got my hopes on that partnership they have going with Nvidia and intels memelake.

And yet again everybody fails for the new Apple product meme.
_never_ buy first gen tech from Apple

1st gen Macbook Air? Shit, too slow. After that? One of the best allround laptops for casual use.
1st rMBP? Shit, GPU couldn't handle all the pixels and no real support for Retina. 2nd+? Very good notebooks
1st rMBP with Touch Bar? You see my point. Wait for the refresh, it will be the best notebook on the market.

I admire your optimism, but I highly doubt Apple will change without a new CEO. As long as Tim is there, nothing good will happen. He's had 4 years to revolutionize things, instead we got a really big iPad and a phone without a industry standard jack.

Not saying youre wrong, you got valid points, but AAPL isnt going up for a reason.

Not at those prices and lacking industry standard ports. Their flagship computer cant even connect to their flagship phone.

Yeah they goofed the prices for sure
The Macbook Air was the best selling laptop for 2 years not only because its good but because it was affordable.
A fucking rMBP can't replace that market if it starts at 1500...

What would you say to the rightful heir Scott Forstall returning (just like Jobs after he was kicked out) to save Apple?

>What the hell happened to Apple?+ 0 post omitted.
Became form over function and a genuine fashion accessory.

I mean jesus fuck look at the stupid trashcan powermac and stupid laptops with one port and now a fucking phone with 1 port.

No wonder their sales are declining, fuck em

>Scott Forstall
He's the genius that pushed the skeuomorphic '''''design'''' all over Apple software

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

no headphone jack will be the industry standard in 1 year because of apple though.

>He's the genius that pushed the skeuomorphic '''''design'''' all over Apple software

Um, no. Steve Jobs was a big proponent of skeuomorphism along with Forstall. Hate one, hate the other. Forstall at least was a gifted programmer and was responsible for Aqua and iOS development. Forstall was infinitely more capable than everyone else, including Jobs.

Don't blame this on Steve, that time were his last months and he was high on fruit juice 24/7.
Forstall should've not been such a Yes-Man and let Ivy handle design of hard- and software, that man is a fucking virtuose

>Don't blame this on Steve

Hmm, just look at NeXT. That is where Jobs met Forstall after all. After Jobs was asked to return to Apple, he brought Forstall with him because he noticed his value and talent. Forstall went on to design and implement Aqua.

Ive, like all "designers" is a fucking fruit loop (how apt). Jobs reigned this asshole in and honed what talent he had. Forstall and Ive naturally hated each other but sadly the faggots had taken over and sided with the flowery faggot Ive after Jobs died, thus, Forstall had to go. Forstall was also the closest to Jobs temperament-wise and should have became leader, but, whatever.

>of course no Fn keys when every "Pro" app (Autocad, Adobe Creative, etc) use Fn keys in everything.
>tfw the majority of (shitty) "professionals" don't use shortcut keys or function keys and instead just navigate to everything through menus

Good questions, I'm not sure to be honest. I do like the redesign of iOS 8 and 9 (10 is garbage, notification center was blown up for toddlers and seniors, useless af now). I think if they brought him back and launched a public beta under him, and really listened to feedback it could be great. We do have more options is Settings and with sharing than before, so what ever they do they shouldn't remove options like the sometimes do. I would definitely love LESS FUCKING white space everywhere, it makes iOS and fucking eye sore at night. Night shift is great, but splitting up control center and giving Night Shift a giant button for retards is not.

I think Scott could refine and put more welcoming touches on iOS and I welcome the option. I'm still of mind that Tim Cook and Angela have to go. Tim is definitely more suited to be the CEO of a clothes company than a tech company. Leaving product lines abandoned for months/years when you have unlimited resources to fag around in gay parades should be a fireable offense.

Shit Forstall was behind Aqua?
That was (and still is) a good look, no doubt. Hell it took MS until Windows 8 until they stopped trying to copy it.

But don't sell Ivy short. Macbook Air created the fucking ultrabook category and was miles ahead of the competiton. iPhone 4s, rMBP, all so simple and elegant industrial designs.

He's great on physical design which you just illustrated, but his idea of software is BLINDLY WHITE EVERYWHERE. And skinny ass fonts.

Thanks for your thoughts user. I still believe (hope) that Forstall will return to Apple one day (like Jobs) and focus on bringing it back from the brink. I agree on the amount of white space, just like all this flat-trend shit seems to manifest. This is where I think Jobs' influence is sorely missed; it's like no-one has any sense of proportion or flair. It's all done because "cool".

Honestly I like Jony Ive's work from an aesthetic standpoint

Never trust people dressed in curtains

>>Shit tons of IO on the motherboard while PC users need PCI cards for it
nigger please the B&W was widely criticized for its shit-tier I/O, firewire was the only thing it really had over equivalently priced PCs when it came to integrated I/O (onboard ethernet was standard on most "business" OEM offerings) and the 3 PCI slots were kind of pathetic desu

Your thoughts are appreciated. Your first two posts clearly explain a lot of what's wrong with Apple today.

I miss Steve.

>iphone mini
That's the SE

What the fuck is going on

venturebeat.com/2016/10/25/why-tim-cook-is-steve-ballmer/

>>of course no Fn keys when every "Pro" app (Autocad, Adobe Creative, etc) use Fn keys in everything.

Autocad user here, what the fuck are you talking about? Nothing is bound to Fn by default.

This prick

>iPhone 7 (No headphone jack? Fuck off!)
>rMBP with TouchBar (over priced, under speced, and TouchBar is awkward to use as seen in demo by prepared presenters)
Worth noting that even though these products were released within weeks of each other the phone nor the headphones that come with the phone can be plugged into the new rMBP without buying a new adapter

So if, suppose OSX or some app crashes severely, will it take out the bar with it too?

Can't try Esc, can't press any of the function keys, nothing.

No, it supposedly runs the same simple version of iOS as their new watches do.

>MUH THIN

>apple pushing the industry ahead
still are

maybe in the non-consumer market
wouldnt call the rest ahead, more a circle which the other blindly follow to get some of the idiotic apple customer which buy it anyway

Is there a source on this or is it just a shitpost?

>only 2 USBs

It's all part of the ebb and flow of the Steve jobs cycle, just wait till they bring him back off the ice

>Thinks there's gonna be a new macbook air

>1999

shit was just for keyboards, mice and printers in 1999

it was the lack of SCSI that was the real annoyance, serial too to a lesser extent but that's probably a personal gripe since it means I can't use them for PhoneNET transfers to 68k hardware

There were no annoyances for me.
Only 140 GB cap

Was 2015 the last good year for Apple?

>iPhone 6S
>Apple Watch
>last gen of rMBP with standard ports
>optimized iOS 8 and OS X 10.10

No, but it was the last decent one.

>2015
>not 2005

The real Apple died when they sold out to Intel, this much should be obvious.

Apple used to pander to creative professionals. They required expansion, power, and wanted design.

Once the switch to Intel happened and more consumers started buying Macs they stopped caring as much about that market.

it wasn't an annoyance if you never used it, which most home users probably didn't, but for professionals or anyone else who needed lots of storage or were upgrading from beige boxes who had already invested thousands of dollars in SCSI peripherals it was pretty fucking retarded

that and IDE was still fucking slow-ass garbage, but it was improving at least

>Once the switch to Intel happened and more consumers started buying Macs they stopped caring as much about that market.
it started happening long before that starting with the less expandable B&W Macs

i think apple went from normies to creative professionals to programmers to normies again

You actually think a large majority of people are going to stop buying $20 earbuds because apple made a phone without them, then proceeded to sell over priced earbuds at nearly x100 the price?

Where are these ~$2000 earbuds you speak of?

Why the fuck did Jobs choose that gay faggot though?
At least nutella improves ballmer's plan at Surface line. Though he did w10 botnet.