MacBook Pro 2015 appreciation thread: new MacBook Pro is a failed abortion edition

MacBook Pro 2015 appreciation thread: new MacBook Pro is a failed abortion edition

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-23/nvidia-job-postings-suggest-an-nvidia-chip-return-to-apple-macs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it desu

2015 MacBook Pro was the last stand for apple quality

i'll keep my eye out on '15 rMBP prices

When would be the best time to buy one? Black friday?

the new one removed all the function keys and is not significantly faster

lot of hype for nothing, i'd rather have the function keys

I was hoping they would put out a 17 powerhouse dual xenon laptop or some shit like that

the 15 does have a 4gb vid card but it's $2500

glad i got one before the new one came out. and also, you can still order this one on apple's website for the time being.

Check local pawn shops, I got one in mint condition with 256gb ssd for $800. Flipped it for $1000 on ebay

There is going to be a big uptake on Linux now that the smart people who actually used MacBooks for work are going to dump this shit. I would even expect Google to end their use of Macs and create some *nix distro of their own

Lots of problems on my late 2013 15" MBP's display. Stuck red pixels that only show on dark backgrounds, uneven colors and some lighter spots...

I was looking forward to upgrading this machine but I really don't know anymore

cant wait for Apple sales figures to be released in the next couple of months

I just got a refurbished one from their online store.

I cannot wait to have my first apple computer. I hope I like it.

please tell me which macbook is worth blowing my 1800 on now

So you made $50 after ebay fees and shipping? Sounds like a waste of time.

>mfw got a free13 inch early 2015 512GB rMBP
Think I'm going to give it to my little sister and buy the new one using my extra student loan money to be honest with you good lads.

16gb 13 inch or 15 inch mbp with force touch

force touch is shit
>The simulated click vibration does feel like a click, but not a good one. It offers three different firmness settings, none of which feel anywhere near as good as Apple’s trackpads with real buttons. It feels like what it is: mushing my finger against a fixed pane of glass that’s emulating the feel of a button and almost getting there, but not getting there.

13 inch 2016 rMBP with Touch Bar and Touch ID

The normal one is pretty awesome and reasonable priced. The only issue might be the ports, you can't even connect it to your iPhone and new headphones ... which is fucking stupid.

The touchbar one is even better but the pricing is ridiculous. The memebar and touch ID isn't worth the crazy premium. Might be the first time in a long time when Apple fucked up a major product.

That's pretty damn subjective. Personally I prefer force touch.

>Tfw two smart for function keys
Guess I'll pre order

>The normal one is pretty awesome and reasonable priced.
the one w/o a touch bar is a mba w/ retina screen (same 15W CPU as prev mbas). it's totally overpriced for that.

Successfully stole a 2015 13-inch a while ago and still not been caught.

>two smart
>two

lol ok.

i cant even use the pre FT mac trackpad, makes me nauseous not being able to click with the same force everywhere. it operates wonderfully. only trackpad I've used to come close was maybe the HP spectre

>(same 15W CPU as prev mbas)
Oh, I missed that part, my bad. Though given that every other 13" (sans rMBP) got it too, it still makes it pretty reasonably priced, just worse than the old rMBP.

don't think so, give it's 2016 Apple could have done an actual mba w/ retina with the same price as the 2013 one while keeping their same 2013 margins.
Now their margins have more than doubled.

No problems with my mid 2012 except few dead pixels because I am a barbaric fuck but only one of them is noticeable if you concentrate your attention on it. Not gonna change for a new one, not much of an improvement sepcs wise.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-23/nvidia-job-postings-suggest-an-nvidia-chip-return-to-apple-macs

>Nvidia Corp., a maker of graphics chips frozen out of Apple Inc. computers, has posted job listings that indicate a better relationship with the world’s most valuable technology company.
>Nvidia, in a job ad for a software engineer, said a successful applicant will “help produce the next revolutionary Apple products.”
>The role would require “working in partnership with Apple” and writing code that will “define and shape the future”’ of graphics-related software on Macs.

I still have home for meme lake and an Nvidia card, imagine next halloween Jobs will rise out of grave and burst into an iPhone presentation and give new Nvidia mac.

What's wrong?

They improved literally everything and include Polaris now. Only difficulty is adapting to USB C

AppLEL

3 replies
..l
L0L
.l

So should I get a zenbook or xps or thinkpad?

only one of those is a business laptop.
how about you compare apples to apples?

just wait a month or two when people realize they can't buy pic related and that they are using a shit adapter for their headphones for life and that the adapter is as easy to loose as this fucking abortion.

Not really, I cured my consumerist boner for apple laptops after discovering how underwhelming that one was, which would save me time and money if I actually bought one for full price in the future and tried to sell it

most ppl use the included lightning earpods and no adapter.

>tfw apple is dead
good thing ive moved on

you won't be able to use the lightning earpods with the macbook pro

*tips my fedora*

>need a 3.5 to lightning for old headphones on new iphone
>need lightning to 3.5 for new headphones on new macbook
wew lad

also
>multi touch TouchBar TM
>not force touch
well, i just innovated their next model

it seems like you've imagined a world where everyone bought the iphone 7 and then threw all of their old headphones away in the span of like 3 months.

apple apologists can't be cut both ways. either they apologize for dropping 3.5mm and offer that you can use an adapter (or bluetooth), and you do the same with the MBP (except no adapter), or you reject the proposition entirely (no iphone 7, no dilemma).

this laptop is an abortion. stop coming up with mental gymnastics that make you look retarded to find new ways to mock it. there's plenty of source material right here in real life.

>thunderbolt
d
r
o
p
p
e
d

What the fuck Apple. All you had to do was fucking update the specs.

The best designed Macbooks were 2011 and 2012 retina update. YOU JUST HAD TO UPDATE THE FUCKING HARDWARE.

>"friend" defends the new update
>"dude a 2.0 ghz dual core for 1500 is a fair deal"
"

Yep, I would've been perfectly fine with Space Grey color option, Skylake, butterfly keyboard with more travel, 32 GB RAM option, and one or two USB-C ports for charging (I don't care about MagSafe). Not sure who this new MBP is aimed for, it's too expensive for regular consumers and I don't see anything for the pros. I guess they know iOS developers need to put up with whatever they throw out anyways.

>fagbook

HAAHA omg that's epic! lulzzzzzzzzzzzz

can i join u guys

>macbook air
you can join your other degenerates jumping off a cliff.

You're so innovative! You should be on stage!

>mfw i one the latest good apple laptop

Maybe it will be good in the future when they update the internals... maybe...

> this

I see how dropping most ports make sense. I see how "costom keyboard" for each task makes sense. This should have been done a long time ago, but the price though.

I think there is too much fat in Apple team.

I bought a 2013 MBP 15'' model. 16 GB ram, 1 TB SSD, 750M graphics card, good turbo boost speed -- I am not about to upgrade anytime soon.

It suits all of my programming needs. Feel like I'd be downgrading to the new MBP

>>mac
you can join your other degenerates jumping off a cliff.

hahah wow good job turning that phrase around! you must be like some kind of master comedian or something! :-)

Well, they are definitely making some nice buck but in the end, it's about the competition and nobody else offers 13" laptops with 25W CPUs but them for now.

Once rMBP is discontinued, there will be tons of 13" laptops to pick from and all will have about the same specs and price; Apple got better aspect ratio, battery life and trackpad, so is still the better deal, just not as good as before.

The touchbar one is pretty much in the limbo though, the new stuff is good, just not "300 bucks premium" good.

That's indeed is a huge oversight, unless their endgoal is to get rid of cables for headphones for good, which would be great if the technology allowed it (battery is a big problem still) ... and in this case they should've been less jew and include the cable-less with the iPhone.

SE seems to be their last thought out product, and so damn cheap too.

No, that was the 2013, before they ruined the trackpad.
>xenon
When will you learn?
>dual processors in a laptop
Never happening.

>61W USB-C power adapter for the 13" MBP
>87W USB-C power adapter for the 15" MBP
still within USB power delivery specifications.

Why do you hate being able to click anywhere on the trackpad and option to disable the sound so bad? It's probably their last innovation that made sense.

if you're not used to osx you're gonna hate it at first

I have the OG 2012 model. I want to get the new 15" and don't mind most of the changes, but wish it had a better GPU and the touch bar had some feedback. I don't think I mind the lack of a MagSafe port. Apple's cables always fall apart and I'd rather have the option to use cheaper and more robust USB-C cables.

i used windows till i was 22 and got switched over to os x in the span of like 3 weeks. it's a few keyboard shortcuts but otherwise at the very top level they don't try to totally rock the boat.

to be fair i've gotten so used to my blade's tap gestures that macbook trachpads feel heavy clunky and unsmooth

Apple charges 3000 for a laptop but still uses budget tier AMD gpus
kek

So how many 15" laptops last 10h?

I am disappointed by the new mbp, should I get this air, or the 2015 rMPB?

forgot pic

>17 inches
Not even portable any more

Just get some windows powerhouse then, this is meant for more of a compromise

In terms of Mac they expect you to get a Mac pro if you really want that power

rMBP over air.

Always

Same here. New ones look fantastic. No idea why everyone is complaining.

This. The resolution on Air is not acceptable in 2013+3.

My maid has the 2015 rMPB, and she loves it. Can't go wrong.

If you can't find a place to buy a meth pipe you're a fucking idiot.

How Apple basically works:

>Hold back on new technology until the masses are starving, then release it as "innovative"

That's kind of it...

Mid 2012 with RAM and SSD upgrades

Or a Dell XPS 13

And how exactly are they holding back anything?

Look at the state of Windows laptops, huge companies like HP, Lenovo or Dell completely dropped 16:10 screens and basically left the pro market for Apple. Not a single one could even develop a decent trackpad until MS showed the way with precision trackpad.

It's less of Apple doing anything new but everybody else activity sabotaging themselves.

>not returning your student loan money to save on debt payments later on
And people wonder why millennials have problems with debt.

this. it's like apple's competitors just can't stop tripping over themselves like retards. competition is good. smartphones got good after the iphone came out. i don't use an iphone, but i see things in my android phone that i doubt would have existed if someone at google wasn't trying to beat iOS

worried that your lack of physical fitness leaves you unprepared for ww3?

the pro market does not care about 16:10 you dip

Honestly, I'm kind of tempted to buy the 13" version with 16 GB RAM

Shit I might do the same, Im in dire need of a new laptop. My old ass lenovo is about to shit itsself.

Hi

>And people wonder why millennials have problems with debt.
Well I do need a new laptop and I cant afford to buy a new one yet..

BUY AN USED THINKPAD WITH CUMSTAINS AND 6H BATTERY LIFE

post them bros

>implying ableist slurs like "fitness" have any meaning in our modern military
I'm #ReadyForHillary, will you #EnlistForHer too?

fucking idiot, function keys are for windows, mac doesn't se function keys, and if you want the stupid function keys, you can use them.

sup

thanks for the serial, now everyone can pwn your iShit acc with minimal social engineering

I think posting your serial number is not a very good idea... it is different for every macbook.

But you have a 2015 laptop...

look guys it's too late i already saved it and if he deletes it i'm going to repost it in every desktop thread :^)

all that and can't even run dota 60 fps medium

Oh my god are you this Sup Forums hacker guy???

mebbe :^)

Seriously through, is the apple security really so shit?

I have a late 2013 rMBP model and it's the best computer I could ever hope for.

Magsafe has saved the computer from being pulled off a table at least 4 times

Thunderbolt is great for my Ethernet adapter as there are parts of my house that wi-fi sucks.

HDMI to my TV for everything from Netflix to Youtube

Use the SD card slot for various things and could always use a jumpdrive if I need more space

USB A for All the fucking things I plug in including my music interfaces, hard drives, DVD external drives, phones.

ALL FUCKING GONE from the 2016 disaster
FUCK YOU TIM

JUST

It's actually significantly faster... Over twice the graphics performance and faster processors plus storage.