youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
jewfind.com/
glossgloss
youtube.com/watch?v=8L-mIqJW1v0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can somebody explain this shit?

blatant gimmick

Wuuut wuuut

It's the first actual INNOVATION Apple has made in 20 years and it's great honestly. I used to shit on them all the time but I gotta give them this one. It's so ingenious...

Can you have a player of your choice on that display or are you just cucked to Spotify and iTunes?

>first actual INNOVATION Apple has made
It's just not that great of an idea really. Now apps have to be retooled to utilize this touch bar that is specific to this one Apple laptop.
Why not just put a touch screen on the laptop instead?
Apples software stack is going downhill.

really fires those neurotic impulses...........

It's not an innovation so much as a stolen idea that never took off.

> dynamic keys
> gimmick
enjoy living in the past

Isn't this that same shit that Razer has been putting on their exxxtreme meme keyboards/laptops?

>keys
have fun pressing the correct "key" without looking

You do know Lenovo and other PC makers tried this first right?

And guess what? They killed it off because it was a stupid ass gimmick. Once again Applel faggot cucks on suicide watch

Dead flat keys were tried on Sinclair ZX81 and Jupiter Ace. Innovation, Apple style, means reviving 30 year old bodies.

>STILL no touchscreen Mac option
It just makes it the more embarrassing when they do finally adopt one and pretend how innovative they're being

>only $69.99

forever related: youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

can't apple see they have become fucking parody of themselves

>Now apps have to be retooled to utilize this touch bar that is specific to this one Apple laptop.
You can emulate classic function keys with it :^)

Which shows how shit it is

and 3 years from now when people are saying how good it is and how apple was the first people will keep bringing up razor shit lmofa

When was the last time you unironically pressed a function key?
Lincucks and bios access need not apply

>usb
gonna need a dongle for that

5 minutes ago?

Where's the ESCape key?

anytime I need to change the volume, brightness, or shut of that fucking keyboard backlight my wife likes.

still no numbpad

You are both looking at this thing from the wrong perspective. Anyone can slap some touch sensitive hardware on a computer and call it innovation, but it's not the hardware that counts. Hell, my HP laptop from 2009 had a "touch bar" for some rudimentary controls, but it is in no way comparable to the one on the MBP.

The Touch Bar is created by Apple, for Apple computers with Apple's own operating system, meaning that the technology has leaps and bounds better usability than some touch keys with some slapped on Windows commands.

And it's customizable. My old HP laptop had it, but I couldn't customize it of course. It was just a bunch of LEDs.

Razer's shitty new keyboard has this, and guess what, no one fucking cares because it's a shitty gimmick

99% of the neckbeards on Sup Forums cream themselves over overpriced, minimalist, ten-key-less mechanical keyboards so they have more space on their desks for buttplugs, pocky, and anime dolls and you want a number pad on a laptop for what?

It's fucking stupid but a good business move by apple to fuck over their customer

>Should we spend money making a good touch screen display with the same RGB performance as our previous non-touch laptop and revamp out OS by adding touch ui?
>Nah lets just add a shitty proprietary strip to replace the function row but still increase the price as if we did the above.

>Razer's shitty new keyboard has this
Nah they got rid of it for the newest generation

everything is a shitty gimmick when it's built for gaymers by gaymers. let the adults work with it for a while and it'll be commonplace.
not that I want it to. I actually use my god damn function keys.

touch screens are retarded on desk bound devices. I've had one of the lenovo AIOs at work for 6 months and it's fucking pointless.

This.

All the time. F3 to submit in SAS being probably the most frequent for me. Then again if I were running SAS on a Mac it would be studio, no idea if it uses function keys.

>ports removed
>keyboard went from OK to shallow SHIT
>specs are pretty much garbage
>Touch Bar is a thing now where you have to actually look down from the screen in order to do something instead of actually making a touchscreen
>ESC and Function keys removed
>HUEG trackpad
>Apple logo on the back doesn't light up
>great magnetic charging cable plug got trashed
>mfw
Into the trash it goes.

> mfw no escape from the botnet

My laptop has one and I use it alot, I pretty much never use my trackpad anymore. You're not suppose to look at a keyboard so I don't like the touch strip, I'm already looking at my display so I can quickly point to something on it. Why the fuck would I want to take my eyes off the monitor to look down at my keyboard like some normie. Also the icons on the touch strip are too small, I can see myself touching the wrong thing by mistake all the time. Not to mention that it's proprietary

to each their own though

I've been using function keys since the 90's to do basic file management.

damn that pause button on Spotify is fucking revolutionary my dude

I would have liked it if they kept the function keys with it. Basically just have it lay above the function keys and use it for common tasks that you're too lazy to remember the shortcut for.

But no, they went full retard.

>>great magnetic charging cable plug got trashed
...fuck. Didn't even notice that one. That's a god damn shame.

how the fuck else are you supposed to do your taxes?

13 inch model
> Pro
> Dual core , no Dgpu

Pick one

Steve didn't die for this

jewfind.com/

With all the empty space they could have kept the function row, added their gay ass touch strip and even add a number pad.

Fuck their minimalism

Also a lot of reviewers are saying their keyboard is too shallow

All the fucking time...

Doesn't mean Apple's implementation is going to be as bad as fucking Lenovo's. Legitimate third party support is going to play a big part in this feature's success.

>their keyboard is too shallow
So it's perfect for the average person who will buy one.

>Now apps have to be retooled to utilize this touch bar that is specific to this one Apple laptop.
It won't be exclusive for long. Every Windows laptop will start including these soon.

Be more wrong.

>mfw still using a 15 inch macbook pro i bought in october of 2011
>mfw still running 10.7.5
If it ain't broke

So does it default to function keys when there's nothing specifically programmed for it?

It helps that apple computers (not phones or ipads) seem to be unkillable.

This is (probably) part of AppKit, made by Apple for Apple laptops.
Any potential laptop maker (besides Microsoft) would have to convince Microsoft to add software support, or add it themselves (probably poorly).

Why isnt the air touch screen? Thats the big question. I guess itll kill the iPad

A gimmick it may be, but If someone writes an app so that the touchbar does the classic '80s Cylon eye thing, I would buy one of these laptops.

No idea, I've not used one but one would assume it might default to 'esc' and the system function keys for media, volume, brightness, mission control, etc

Does anyone still even use tablets?

The crazy part is ipad isnt much cheaper

I do for pdfs, youtube in bed, and a few other things.
It's convenient but completely optional.

where's the power button?

glossgloss blogspot

I wouldn't really mind a decent android tablet because you would have an actual file system and the ability to torrent shit and whatnot, but ios is so clunky and non-functional

Seriously, fucking Cook is pissing on his grave with his gay wiener

Needs swastikas

No USB
No Magsafe
No SD card reader
No function keys
No HDMI
No good keyboard (now shallow)
No rest for palms (as the touchpad is too massive now.)
No backlight glowing logo
No good battery life (battery smaller now)

Far right of the touch bar, shared with Touch ID. You can also use it to fast user switch on Macs with multiple users.

Ahem..

this
what is tim cuck even doing with apple

Literally just ordered one with my left over student loan money lmao

yup, this

Apple products are for idiots (democrats).

Ont Videos
youtube.com/watch?v=8L-mIqJW1v0

look at the side

it looks so fucking nice. apple is great

If you think that horseshit compares to the touch bar you're beyond hope.

>muh aesthetics

Leave.

kartoshka

Lenovo doesn't get a pass either. Both are equally shit.

Grow up.

autism

I liked this idea better 12 years ago when it was called the Nintendo DS.

Not only that but they only said the display shows 25% more colors, not even a mention about DCI-P3 or aRGB compliance even though they did it with the iPhone 7. They truly don't give a single flying fuck about "Pros" anymore.

It changes with whatever program you are using, it's contextual

You actually just press and hold it to have the function keys appear.

The touch bar is not a rejection point, but that keyboard is.

Repeat after me Sup Forums: I'm glad he's dead, i'm glad he's gone.

what should i replace my 2011 MacBook pro with? i was waiting, but not sure i want to pull the trigger anymore on a new one anymore. maybe last years model?

>you can get a MacBook with a touch pad
>or a Surface Book with a legitimate touch screen
hmmmmmm

That short throw keyboard.

>touch screen
nobody wants this shit gimmick

It's Display P3. Same as iPhone 7 and iPad Pro.

>be mac
>hang
>cant press esc because hang
>profit

250 think pad off Craigslist

This. Dad's still running his 2007 imac. He's probably getting the new macbook though, since the imac is starting to show it's age.

This is a fucking horrible idea lol

>next MacBook replaces keyboard with programmable touchpad.
>Removes USB ports entirely
>Instead all information is sent via infrared to detector devices.
>Charging is wireless only, but needs a proprietary docking station anyways.

Are you fucking serious? It doesn't have an escape key, and the "escape touch button" isn't even in the right fucking spot. It's a $3000 machine that I can't run vim on, it's complete trash.

All the time you fucking Apple fag boy cuck donkey. Have you ever used excel? Stupid fuck